CanJam NYC 2023 (February 25-26, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #481 of 792
Does anyone know if there will be Zahl HM1 units available for purchase at the show? Thanks
AxelCloris did unfortunately hit the nail on the head, we are sold out of the 2023 batch of the Zahl HM1 and will not have units available for sale at the event. We will have our unit available for demo.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 17, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #482 of 792
Will anyone have a Holo Audio Bliss at the show? Really want to hear this amp.

Feb 17, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #484 of 792
@GoldenOne hasn't hopped on his plane yet. Maybe he can throw it in his carry-on!
If you carry it and you let me demo it, I will buy it from you. I already own the Holo May and I love it. From what I've read about the Bliss, it is for me.

P.S. I saw @GoldenOne 's YouTube review of the Zahl HM1 and I thought it was excellent. The only reason I am not considering it is that I don't want to wait a year before I get an amp.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #485 of 792
You're welcome! Just remember to bring extra adapters.
Definitely a good suggestion ... too bad I don't have many on hand. I'll probably bring along the Kinera Leyding and call it day tbh! Thank you though, brother!

Feb 17, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #486 of 792
we are sold out of the 2023 batch of the Zahl HM1 and will not have units available for sale at the event.
We will have our unit available for demo.

That's just cruel man. It's like into a Michelin star restaurant while only being allowed to smell the food..

Feb 17, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #487 of 792
That's one of the great secrets to CanJam! I know travel costs tend to put some people off, but often times the show specials can make up for that.

Another point to make, Warren, you save money by not spending it on gear you are not sure you gonna like, buying and selling it at a loss when you realize the tuning is not exactly your cup of tea. So, it saves you money to spend 2 days listening to everything with your own set of ears and doing the comparison to narrow it down to find exactly what you like. And as a bonus, you might pick it up at a show discount.

Feb 17, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #488 of 792
Another point to make, Warren, you save money by not spending it on gear you are not sure you gonna like, buying and selling it at a loss when you realize the tuning is not exactly your cup of tea. So, it saves you money to spend 2 days listening to everything with your own set of ears and doing the comparison to narrow it down to find exactly what you like. And as a bonus, you might pick it up at a show discount.
Actually, I think going to CanJams makes me more interested in products I would have never considered otherwise. Warren is the worst for me. He keeps showing me products that I never considered before that I end up buying. I think the vendors love him.

Feb 17, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #489 of 792
That's just cruel man. It's like into a Michelin star restaurant while only being allowed to smell the food..
Haha, I totally get that. I was going back and forth when we had the pre-orders about if I should get one myself so I could end up also offloading all my current amps and just have the HM1. Ultimately decided to hold off for now and so I am in same boat as everyone else, able to only hear it at shows every CanJam lol!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 17, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #490 of 792
Gots to give the people what they want @warrenpchi 🤣! Gotta see all the new hotness and plan accordingly!

I couldn't make it if I wanted to. I'm On Call for the month. But I'll be @ CanJam SoCal!

Well, crap. 🙁 Okay then, SoCal it shall be!

Another point to make, Warren, you save money by not spending it on gear you are not sure you gonna like, buying and selling it at a loss when you realize the tuning is not exactly your cup of tea.

Yup, that's a part of the intangible benefits. And auditioning in person also has a lasting benefit that goes deep into the hobby: it allows you to correlate your own experience with the posts/reviews of other, so that you know which ears to "trust" on a continuing basis.

Actually, I think going to CanJams makes me more interested in products I would have never considered otherwise. Warren is the worst for me. He keeps showing me products that I never considered before that I end up buying. I think the vendors love him.

😐

🤣

In my hotel room the night before CanJam SoCal 2022...
Me: Oh, you wanna hear Eletech's Ode To Laura and Noble's Viking Ragnar? They're in my bag, let me get 'em.
HiFiHawaii: (yelling because he's listening to them as he's saying it) OMG, THESE ARE SO GOOD!!

Feb 17, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #491 of 792
Well, crap. 🙁 Okay then, SoCal it shall be!

Yup, that's a part of the intangible benefits. And auditioning in person also has a lasting benefit that goes deep into the hobby: it allows you to correlate your own experience with the posts/reviews of other, so that you know which ears to "trust" on a continuing basis.

😐

🤣

In my hotel room the night before CanJam SoCal 2022...
Me: Oh, you wanna hear Eletech's Ode To Laura and Noble's Viking Ragnar? They're in my bag, let me get 'em.
HiFiHawaii: (yelling because he's listening to them as he's saying it) OMG, THESE ARE SO GOOD!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Feb 17, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #492 of 792
Times square to new yorkers is an underground subway station. Ideally you don't get above ground there.
Last year I lived there. Literally one block from the Marriott. It was an "interesting" time. :wink:

NYC is in the clear. No winter storm is coming. It'll be too mild for one.
Correct. The weather will not be a problem. The cost of accomodations, food, & entertainment may be another thing entirely......

But this city is worth it. Nowhere else like it on earth.

Feb 17, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #493 of 792
Feb 17, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #494 of 792
Correct. The weather will not be a problem. The cost of accomodations, food, & entertainment may be another thing entirely......

But this city is worth it. Nowhere else like it on earth.
the version from 5 yrs ago I agree with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back