CanJam Singapore 2018 Impressions Thread! (March 24-25, 2018)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #16 of 199
Any impression of the new Stax SRM-D10?

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #17 of 199
Sadly, no. Nobody paying my bills for me yet.....

You have no excuses not to attend CJ NYC, since you are from RI :wink: If you missed it last month, see you next year! Though, I gotta say, looks like SGP show has more IEM/DAP products in comparison. I'm jealous...

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #18 of 199
You have no excuses not to attend CJ NYC, since you are from RI :wink: If you missed it last month, see you next year! Though, I gotta say, looks like SGP show has more IEM/DAP products in comparison. I'm jealous...
Compared to the London show it feels a fair bit more iemy I agree. I went upstairs and there was a sparse room with over the ears...told the guys I was an Iem person and directed to kindly go back down and join the crowd.

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #20 of 199
Yeah, I was super close to attending this year's show....next year.

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #21 of 199
Any impressions / pictures / pricing of the Cayin HA300? That amp seriously looks amazing. I hope people report that it sounds as good as it looks!

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #22 of 199
Not sure if next year there will be another model. 1950's seemed pretty revolutionary. Anyway...onto prices..

Z2kNHOYr.jpg

Any pictures of the new cables?

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #25 of 199
Hey guys! Had a great time from DAY 1 of the CANJAM SG! Though my time to run around and check out the new and interesting stuffs is limited, I'm glad to chat with some of you and am very amazed by the multiple new offerings that each brand has to offer!

ctm.jpg
DA VINCI Series of Clear Tune Monitors. Both models have a huge airy soundstage performance. The 9 drivers model has more pronounced mids whereas the 10 drivers is more neutral and has more organic bass depth.

visionears.jpg
ERLKöNIG of Vision Ears. Great clarity and resolution. I could almost hear every details of in the track.

empire.jpg
Empire Ears EP Series (which I find to have a more natural tuning). On the other hand, the X Series is more critical.

dita.jpg
Dita Audio with the new Fealty and Fidelity. The Fealty aims to reproduce music as it is meant to be heard while the Fidelity is being faithful to the source. My personal thought is that the Fealty is more suitable for classical and orchestral tracks whereas the Fidelity might be the choice for pop songs and vocals.

dx150i.jpg dx150ii.png
DX150 side by side comparison with DX200. If you like the DX200 but the price is holding back your purchase, do check out the DX150! A really good player for its price! Also do check out the IT04 which boasts great clarity and resolution, slightly different in sound signature as compared to the fun sounding IT03.

meze.jpg
Meze Audio's Flagship RAI Penta with a hybrid line up the 2 dual BA and 1 dynamic driver. Have a great balanced sound signature with the impactful bass, yet not overwhelming the mids-highs resolution of the BA drivers.

aaw.jpg
The new electro-static iem from AAWxShozy. Have a very natural and clear sound signature. It definitely reminded me of the Shure electrostatic, and the addition of the dynamic driver supplements to provide an overall huge soundstage and great imaging.

DZBWHToU0AAK-yf.jpg
DZBWHTtU0AAcHMw.jpg
Being a helper over at the Kumitate Lab booth, both me and Ito-san were really glad and thankful to see that the lineups and faceplate designs were very well received by all of you who came over to the booth. We are still here on Sunday, so if you are heading to CANJAM, don't miss this rare opportunity to demo the entire line-up of Kumitate Lab at Ocean 7.

Hope to catch up with more of you! And let's continue keep up this great spirit!

Mar 24, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #28 of 199
Compared to the London show it feels a fair bit more iemy I agree. I went upstairs and there was a sparse room with over the ears...told the guys I was an Iem person and directed to kindly go back down and join the crowd.
would like that for CJ London :p

My oh my what beauties those Kumitate Labs faceplates are...

Mar 24, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #29 of 199

At almost the end of the show today, I stumbled upon this Sonoma setup. Giving it a try, I was very impressed by how clear, and detailed it sounds. Vocals sound vivid, and instruments are separated, and positioned really well in its airy large soundstage. It has a neutral, balanced sound character with a light/medium sized notes. The bass is quick, tight, and supportive. It punches well, but IMO not hard enough for EDM tracks. It's overall great for listening to acoustic songs (guitar, and vocals especially). I really liked the sound, and am looking forward to trying it again Sunday. :)
It's an amazing system. I loved the sound the first time I heard it. Clear, fast, lively and dynamic. Tyll's review did mention distorted bass at high volumes. But at $5k smackeroos, I don't think either of us has to worry about that haha. Do enjoy it again tomorrow!

Keep the impressions coming guys! Love it! I'd love to read more about the AAW estats, the Erlkonig and the Jomo prototypes!

Mar 24, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #30 of 199
More Shozy Pola impressions please ♥
Most interesting new IEM of the convention IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back