CanJam Singapore 2024 (April 6-7, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #151 of 169
Hmm after all these imho weird posts imo completely irrelevant to Canjam and Audio , advertising "mcdonalds" unhealthy American Fastfood popping up here ,excuse me for also being a bit OT.But for all audiophiles visiting Canjam Singapore there is a late chance to calibrate their ears and get a real reference point to judge SQ by with some real live music almost opposite Pan Pacific Saturday Night.
The World Class SSO orchestra have a program called "A Night at the Opera" at the Esplanades Centre where you would get chance to enjoy acoustic music performed live in a good Concert Hall and possibly even have almost as much fun as watching the classic Marx Brothers movie "A Night at the Opera".
If I were in Singapore I would certainly NOT miss it. But although I have been to Singapore MANY times I have never been to a "mcdonalds" there and never will. Why would anyone above the age of 10 even think of eating such bad fastfood in The City that has some of the best and tastiest Asian food in the Entire world? The old proverb "When in Rome.. leaps to mind.
Hawker Stalls meals are mostly not only a LOT tastier AND much healthier ,but also cheaper than such bad American Fastfood, and tickets to the Saturday Night SSO Concert can be bought for as low as 25SGD, 5SGD cheaper than a one day pass at Canjam.
PS 1 I just Started Countdown for moderators to delete this post. PS 2 Anyway ,enjoy Canjam.
Cheers CC
A trip to Makansutra Gluttons Bay beside the Esplanade after the SSO concert would be amazing. 🍺

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #152 of 169
A trip to Makansutra Gluttons Bay beside the Esplanade after the SSO concert would be amazing. 🍺
Yes indeed, A very short walk down "Memory Lane" for me. I used to take my clients to Makansutra for lunch or dinner. "Good foodjoint " ,pun intended. Also a good spot to watch the Sound and Lights Show from with a "Chilled Tiger in hand".
Back on topic of Canjam, there r some new headphones I would really like to audition. The new Utopia ,the 3 new Clarks, and the Heddphone V2 will be on my list to audition next time in Singapore .
I probably won't be there before Deepawali in November. A bit too "steamy" for me now. Little India has got some of the best and cheapest food in town.
And the Hawker Stalls downstairs from Zeppelin at Sim Lim aren't half bad either. More food choices than Makansutra. And while we're still OT, the Adelphi has also got more than Audio to offer. I've lunched in the basement places there many times too. PS, Sorry got a bit nostalgic and carried away there. I need to get spanked again I guess? Enjoy canjam
Cheers CC

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #153 of 169
Hmm after all these imho weird posts imo completely irrelevant to Canjam and Audio , advertising "mcdonalds" unhealthy American Fastfood popping up here ,excuse me for also being a bit OT.But for all audiophiles visiting Canjam Singapore there is a late chance to calibrate their ears and get a real reference point to judge SQ by with some real live music almost opposite Pan Pacific Saturday Night.
The World Class SSO orchestra have a program called "A Night at the Opera" at the Esplanades Centre where you would get chance to enjoy acoustic music performed live in a good Concert Hall and possibly even have almost as much fun as watching the classic Marx Brothers movie "A Night at the Opera".
If I were in Singapore I would certainly NOT miss it. But although I have been to Singapore MANY times I have never been to a "mcdonalds" there and never will. Why would anyone above the age of 10 even think of eating such bad fastfood in The City that has some of the best and tastiest Asian food in the Entire world? The old proverb "When in Rome.. leaps to mind.
Hawker Stalls meals are mostly not only a LOT tastier AND much healthier ,but also cheaper than such bad American Fastfood, and tickets to the Saturday Night SSO Concert can be bought for as low as 25SGD, 5SGD cheaper than a one day pass at Canjam.
PS 1 I just Started Countdown for moderators to delete this post. PS 2 Anyway ,enjoy Canjam.
Cheers CC
As a singaporean who had macdonalds twice this week, makes me feel a bit called out HAHA

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #155 of 169
Any conversation with a Singaporean that has gone on long enough will have food appear. Usually, it's about Michelin star outlets, rarely McDonalds.

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #158 of 169
If I were in Singapore I would certainly NOT miss it. But although I have been to Singapore MANY times I have never been to a "mcdonalds" there and never will. Why would anyone above the age of 10 even think of eating such bad fastfood in The City that has some of the best and tastiest Asian food in the Entire world?

For me, it's mainly a fascination to see flavor options that we just don't have here. It's like finding Green Tea Kit Kat, which we also don't have here. I'm not saying it's good, but it is curious, at least to me.

I don't understand, why would it be deleted?

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #159 of 169
Now boarding, see you guys there!

1B47C01A-BE34-429B-BC36-72AC2D5A08AE.jpeg

Apr 5, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #160 of 169
1000008789.jpg

We went to the Zepp store yesterday evening. It was nice chatting with Jordon and Luke also had a small chat with us.
Things I loved at their store:
Madoo512(still trying to control the purchase)
Madoo821
Acoustune Hb2000 mk3
Nostalgia Audio Camelot

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #161 of 169
Actually there is one reason and one reason only to eat macdonalds in singapore, namely the mc spicy burger. When i was studying in japan, the mc spicy burger was one thing that i missed the most from singapore.

As for the michelin stuff, sure some are good but they are not the real gems of singapore. E.g the salted egg chicken rice at sim lim sqaure on the same floor as zepp is really one of the best ones i have eaten, other being in yew tee.

Old airport road hawker centre also has really good food and definitely much better priced than the places near marina bay area.

Neil road and tanjong pagar has alot of korean and japanese eateries too if you are interested. For ramen, there is a izakaya called kamoshita at neil road. They have a special iekei ramen that puts most other ramen in singapore, even brothers ramen, to shame. The caveat is at 21 dollars it will burn a hole in your wallet. They have nice oden, karaage with home made egg mayo sauce and many other dishes. Nearby there is a very nice and affordable, for its quality, sushi place called monzushi. Both are run by japanese chefs/owners.

Nearby there are two very nice tea places called yixing xuan and tea chapter where you can get really good quality tea.

Many good food choices to choose from

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #163 of 169
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Apr 5, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #165 of 169
Lol I'm going alone to Canjam tmr. This is my first time going. Is it ok?
There will be a tax you have to pay. Enquire at the registration desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back