Can't Wait for the Detroit Get-Together to Start!
Dec 2, 2001 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1
What the heck I'm still doing up, I really don't know. In about 5 1/2 hours, I'll be arriving at the hotel to help set things up with danny, Tyll and MooGoesTheCow. I should definitely be sleeping.

Today was a very cool pre-Get-Together day. I picked up MooGoesTheCow at the bus station -- unbelievably, he came in from Pittsburgh for the show. Showed the Mooster what real greek food is about at Hella's in Detroit's fantastic Greektown.

After running around a bit, we went to my house to compare Moo's newly modified McCormack Micro Integrated Drive with my HeadRoom Max -- I won't comment specifically on how they compare until I've had more listening time with both the McCormack and my Max in standard, non-crossfeed mode (I almost invariably use crossfeed nowadays, but for comparison I'll have to get used to crossfeed off). We also experimented with a couple different cables into his McCormack from my SCD-C333ES -- Acoustic Zen Silver Reference and Cardas Neutral Reference. Moo got to hear a few things for the first time -- the Max, Sony MDR-V6's, Sennheiser HD-600's, and SACD. And I got to hear the McCormack for the first time. It was a groovy day.

And then, as I was dropping Moo off at the hotel, Tyll and danny pulled up on the HeadRoom Express from Chicago, so Moo and I met them for the first time in person (I've talked to both on the phone before). I still can't believe how much driving these HeadRoom cats are doing (thanks, guys).

And then tomorrow (or later today actually -- it is 2:40 a.m.) the Get-Together. What a fun weekend for a headphone geek! I hope to have a lot of pics and maybe even some video footage of the Detroit Get-Together. And, of course, I will share my impressions of all the gear I listen to, and hope others will too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back