Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
May 19, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #6,451 of 6,488
I don't know if I am the only one. The stock caps are fine but I like Duelund caps. It sounds very good, with a natural hall sound, tight bass and excellent depth and width.
I'd like to upgrade the caps in my MKII at some point over the summer.

What are the capacitor values I should be looking for?

Thanks

May 19, 2024 at 8:38 PM Post #6,452 of 6,488

Thanks
Close to what is in there. I think .22 and ,47uf is what I used. 600 volt. With Duelunds it is a very tight fit.

May 19, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #6,453 of 6,488
Close to what is in there. I think .22 and ,47uf is what I used. 600 volt. With Duelunds it is a very tight fit.
Thank you.

If I understand it correctly the difference between a .22 and .47uf capacitor is very minimal. Maybe a slight roll off of the highs with the .47uf. I think.

I'm lucky I have a great business here in Los Angeles that services alot or the amps used by musicians in the area and for the musicians that need service on tour when in Los Angeles. They've been around for a long time 40+ years. I've used then once before for a capacitor upgrade when I owned the Icon Audio HP8 MKII. In that upgrade I replaced the very cheap stock caps, that were a no-name brand from who knows where with a Mundorf Silver in oil cap. The improvements were huge.

I'm thinking about a Duelund copper or a Juniper copper capacitor upgrade on the MK2. The shop allows me to buy the caps myself and they charge me for labor.

May 19, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #6,454 of 6,488
Thank you.

If I understand it correctly the difference between a .22 and .47uf capacitor is very minimal. Maybe a slight roll off of the highs with the .47uf. I think.

I'm lucky I have a great business here in Los Angeles that services alot or the amps used by musicians in the area and for the musicians that need service on tour when in Los Angeles. They've been around for a long time 40+ years. I've used then once before for a capacitor upgrade when I owned the Icon Audio HP8 MKII. In that upgrade I replaced the very cheap stock caps, that were a no-name brand from who knows where with a Mundorf Silver in oil cap. The improvements were huge.

I'm thinking about a Duelund copper or a Juniper copper capacitor upgrade on the MK2. The shop allows me to buy the caps myself and they charge me for labor.
There are two different caps on each side. I wouldn’t use a .47 in place of the .22.

May 19, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #6,455 of 6,488
There are two different caps on each side. I wouldn’t use a .47 in place of the .22.
Oh I see thank you. Honestly I don't know.

I was thinking that it was one pair of caps. One for the left channel and one for the right.

But it sounds like it's a pair(2) per channel for a total of 4 caps.

May 19, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #6,456 of 6,488

Thanks
you can look at the previously installed caps for reference; as well you don't tamper with the actual capacitance value it should be fine. (there are photos of the internals in the thread somewhere, I also have close-ups of the caps in question)

the voltage rating doesn't have to match exactly, but it's best to get something closer/slightly more than spec'd.

May 20, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #6,457 of 6,488
Anyone in the U.S. looking for a HA300MK2 should check the classifieds. I just listed mine with extras for a steal of a deal.

PM me if interested. :grin:

May 20, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #6,458 of 6,488
Anyone in the U.S. looking for a HA300MK2 should check the classifieds. I just listed mine with extras for a steal of a deal.

If this was 220v I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Incredible deal.

May 20, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #6,459 of 6,488

That is an amazing deal.

May 20, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #6,460 of 6,488

Wow, that’s a very generous asking price for an endgame setup. Someone could buy that package and be set for life. Hopefully you find your endgame with the Aegis…if endgame is what you want!

May 20, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #6,461 of 6,488
Wow, that’s a very generous asking price for an endgame setup. Someone could buy that package and be set for life. Hopefully you find your endgame with the Aegis…if endgame is what you want!
Seldom is there an end game. :^) It is a journey and surprises around every corner.

May 20, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #6,463 of 6,488
Seldom is there an end game. :^) It is a journey and surprises around every corner.

Yeah, the game just keeps going into overtime.

May 20, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #6,465 of 6,488

Users who are viewing this thread

Back