Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Feb 4, 2024 at 5:52 AM Post #2,761 of 2,979
happy Sunday!

Does anyone know if there’s a way to have UAPP to show full size artwork on Lock Screen as with the Cayin player?
I am able to only show the mini player.
Thank you!
Maybe a question for UApp thread?
Don't think it's N30LE specific

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #2,766 of 2,979
Musicteck now sold out of N30LEs. My mate @HeavenlyD bought their last one earlier today. Welcome to the club!

On a separate note, really enjoying the UM Mentor with this DAP. Incredible combo….

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #2,767 of 2,979
Musicteck now sold out of N30LEs. My mate @HeavenlyD bought their last one earlier today. Welcome to the club!

On a separate note, really enjoying the UM Mentor with this DAP. Incredible combo….
Thanks for the recommendation and help with this.

Andrew @ Musicteck gave an exceptional customer experience to me...

I said to the wife, ive only gone and spent £349 on a new iPod and it arrives Thursday 😂

Feb 5, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #2,768 of 2,979

I said to the wife, ive only gone and spent £349 on a new iPod and it arrives Thursday 😂
The thing looks and feels rather premium…you’d need to find a good place to stick the Apple logo to in order to better camouflage it.

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #2,769 of 2,979
I am surprised that a 300 units limited edition is still not sold out since beginning of august 2023 !
I was waiting for a less luxurious standard edition to come out with maybe a more recent android version with more advanced battery management.
I didn't imagine world wide sales would be so low for such type of DAP.

As far as Cayin is concerned, we delivered all 300 sets of N30LE to our dealers (domestic and overseas) by mid-October, and we listed it as sold out in our product list ever since.

Some dealers are very enthusiastic about N30LE and placed substantial orders for N30LE immediately, hence they have stock on hand to sustain a longer sales period. The order size might also be related to the cash flow situation as well as the stock on hand of other DAPs of a particular dealer. So the availability of N30LE varied a lot in different geographic locations. Dealer's involvement indeed placed a very influential role in limited edition products.

Cayin has maintained a 3-tier DAP product plan (N8 > N6 > N3) for a very long time, the N7 is an odd one out but it is very close to the N6ii in product categorising purpose. The N7 retail price is roughly equal to N6ii + 2x Audio Motherboard, so they are considered as mid-tier DAP together. Logically, we'll need to cater to the N3 and N6 market segments before we revisit the N8 segment. If you are waiting for the next-generation Cayin flagship DAP, the waiting period might be a little longer than most consumers are willing to wait for.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 6, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #2,770 of 2,979
Let’s not forget that there were some issues plaguing the launch. Many people must have waited for the solution and to see if it actually delivers.

@Andykong is Cayin still pursuing Roon lossless playback? I would love an update on what was first looked into back when the N6ii was top dog.
If Hiby is working on it and Fiio already supports it, what is stopping Cayin?

Yes, Cayin is still looking forward to the response from ROON.

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #2,771 of 2,979

You probably need to paint the N30LE to white to convince her that this is a new iPod.

By the way, the Apple Vision Pro is priced at $4000, so maybe something called Apple Music Pro can be worth a lot more than £349. :wink:

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:52 AM Post #2,772 of 2,979
TPU case is really nice, edge navigation is way easier...

Really enjoyiny the N30LE.

IMG_1948.jpeg
IMG_1949.jpeg

Feb 6, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #2,773 of 2,979
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #2,774 of 2,979
You probably need to paint the N30LE to white to convince her that this is a new iPod.

By the way, the Apple Vision Pro is priced at $4000, so maybe something called Apple Music Pro can be worth a lot more than £349. :wink:

Hahaha I like it Andy.
Ironically I work in the Apple arena and I’m more excited about getting my N30LE than my Vision Pro, and the fact I bought an AK SP3000 only last month (now going up for sale) must be a testament in how good this Anniversary release is from Cayin.
I think it ticks all the boxes I am looking for and thankful I managed to find one outside the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back