Cayin N3Ultra: an Entry-level Portable DAP that Delivers a Complete Vacuum Tube Audio Experience
Apr 21, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #526 of 657
Apr 22, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #527 of 657
Hi,
Pressing the power button for a few seconds to bring up the power of screen and turn it of by that does not completely turn of the dap is that correct?
I used that method and a few days later came to use the dap and battery was completely flat. I know there is a power of method where you hold the power button for 15 seconds but that surely is not the only way to completely power it down?

Apr 22, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #528 of 657
Hi,
Pressing the power button for a few seconds to bring up the power of screen and turn it of by that does not completely turn of the dap is that correct?
I used that method and a few days later came to use the dap and battery was completely flat. I know there is a power of method where you hold the power button for 15 seconds but that surely is not the only way to completely power it down?

A single power button press will turn the display on/off. When you hold it down for a few seconds, you will get a screen notification with the Power off or Restart options.

Apr 22, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #529 of 657
A single power button press will turn the display on/off. When you hold it down for a few seconds, you will get a screen notification with the Power off or Restart options.
Hi, yes that is what I pressed that little power of screen appears after holding for a few seconds then I selected the power of button screen to power of.
When I came to use it a few days later it was completely flat couldn't turn it on so had to charge it.

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #530 of 657
Hi, yes that is what I pressed that little power of screen appears after holding for a few seconds then I selected the power of button screen to power of.
When I came to use it a few days later it was completely flat couldn't turn it on so had to charge it.

many DAPs do have some background current leakage even when it is shut down, causing a battery drain. However, I'm not sure if what you are experiencing is normal; do you remember at what battery level did you left it off before shutting it down? Charge it up to 100% again, shut it down, and wait a few days. I will do the same when I get to it, for consistency. Also, Andy can probably comment on your test results. I didn't see battery standby time listed in the spec.

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #531 of 657
I'm shutting down my unit at 60% right now. Let's see how many % left tomorrow morning after i wake up.

edit: it has been 20hours since i turned off my unit at 60% battery and i'm happy to report that my unit boots up with still 60% battery left.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #532 of 657
Maybe you've missed the power off icon. I did notice on some occasions that the player does not shut down automatically even after a long period of inactivity. Maybe it wasn't off.
I'm constantly touching the wrong icon with the N3U :).
I haven't noticed any noticeable battery loss with the player turned off over the course of 20 hrs. And I haven't left it untouched for longer than that.

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #533 of 657
many DAPs do have some background current leakage even when it is shut down, causing a battery drain. However, I'm not sure if what you are experiencing is normal; do you remember at what battery level did you left it off before shutting it down? Charge it up to 100% again, shut it down, and wait a few days. I will do the same when I get to it, for consistency. Also, Andy can probably comment on your test results. I didn't see battery standby time listed in the spec.
It was around 70% when I shut it down.

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:21 AM Post #534 of 657
I spent 1.5 weeks listening the N3ultra.
I decided to return my unit to the dealer.

There are too many bugs and QC issues.
However, the sound quality is good and I like it.
Hope, Cayin team will improve the software and hardware QC in next gen.

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #537 of 657
1. Battery flopping around while shaking
2. Light leaks on the edge of the screen

I have uploaded the video in this link. Check it out.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10Vktm3WSlKSc0HKFA8jJeMCfG6D_g73m?usp=share_link
Yea, your unit definitely have issues.
Mine does not have any issue.
Nothing rattles or feels lose no matter how hard I shake it (I mean nothing extreme of course).
My unit also does not have any light leaks from the edge of the screen like yours.

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #539 of 657
Something rattling inside is obviously not good.
I have the light leak, but tbh, I'm not to bothered. I only noticed it when lying in bed, you know, dark room, strange angle, all the right conditions. In normal use it isn't noticeable.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #540 of 657
Is there a way to configure the button below the screen to wake-up the screen instead of pushing the power button?

Do you mean the circular "Home" button? That does not have the wake-up function, a limitation of circuitry.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back