Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Apr 24, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #212 of 8,202
Perhaps the A02 'audio motherboard' could just be a blanking plate for folks who just want a good streaming/playing transport :D

Of course, the N6ii would have to be offered with that and NOT an A01 at time of purchase.

Thanks Andy, so there will be N6ii without A01 bundled which is cheaper version and be available for purchase?

yes, it can operate without the Audio Motherboard. I these the digital out briefly and they works, but I need to do more test before I can confirm the quality are identical.

Theoretically, and I really mean theoretically, if we make a dummy Audio Motherboard, the N6ii will start at a lower entry price. However, our initial plan is to launch the N6ii with A01 bundled, this is an audio module that carries a lot of audio technologies from our flagship N8 DAP, so we don't have this option in place. We'll look into the feasibility (both technical and business terms) when the second Audio Motherboard is ready.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 24, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #213 of 8,202
Hello AndyKong. Can you pls create or post a chart comparing Cayin n8 and Cayin N6 II to we can see the differences between them?

I can do an AB compare of N8 and N6ii if this is important to a lot of readers. My initial plan is to leave this to reviewers because the real comparison is listening impression, and we are reluctant to publish subjective opinion towards our products. . The two DAP are vastly different in terms of function and features, N6ii is miles ahead since you can install Apps from Google Play directly. I don't think the numbers in specification means a lot as both DAP offers excellent result on paper.

Nevertheless, I have tried my best to make the N6ii specification and description "comparable" to published information of N8, so if you are familiar with N8, you should find the content familiar and the different is not as significant, at least on paper, when compare to their price different.

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #214 of 8,202
So it´s nearly 300 gr., Class D Amp for 1200 Dollar... .

The A01 is Class AB amplification. Cayin didn't have any portable product with Class D amp. so far.

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #215 of 8,202
Hi Andy
So this is all the information about the n6ii before launch ?
Will there be anymore surprise announcement tomorrow ?
Will there be other audio motherboard release along side a01 when launch ?

Will take a few months before we can come up with another Audio Motherboard, so this is it as far as product launch is concerned. The tentatively date is to launch N6ii in China by end of May, and the international version (with Google Play) should be available 2-3 weeks after that.

I have re-written the opening post of this thread, and I'll disappear for 10 days from here on, the enjoy my remaining 1/3 vacation. So there won't be any surprised announcement on N6ii for a while. I'll catch up from this point when I resume work.

Apr 24, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #216 of 8,202
Will take a few months before we can come up with another Audio Motherboard, so this is it as far as product launch is concerned. The tentatively date is to launch N6ii in China by end of May, and the international version (with Google Play) should be available 2-3 weeks after that.

I have re-written the opening post of this thread, and I'll disappear for 10 days from here on, the enjoy my remaining 1/3 vacation. So there won't be any surprised announcement on N6ii for a while. I'll catch up from this point when I resume work.
Enjoy your vacation :D

Apr 24, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #218 of 8,202
I can do an AB compare of N8 and N6ii if this is important to a lot of readers. My initial plan is to leave this to reviewers because the real comparison is listening impression, and we are reluctant to publish subjective opinion towards our products. . The two DAP are vastly different in terms of function and features, N6ii is miles ahead since you can install Apps from Google Play directly. I don't think the numbers in specification means a lot as both DAP offers excellent result on paper.

Nevertheless, I have tried my best to make the N6ii specification and description "comparable" to published information of N8, so if you are familiar with N8, you should find the content familiar and the different is not as significant, at least on paper, when compare to their price different.
Thanks Andy. Good vacation.

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #221 of 8,202
Apr 24, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #223 of 8,202

Users who are viewing this thread

Back