CD Player recommendations
Jan 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

markm1

Headphoneus Supremus
I just purchased my first real HP's and designated amp. I do a lot of my listening with an Ipod. But, I'd also like a decent designated system to listen to CD's for more quality listening.

I've recently purchased a Grado 225i and a Schiit Asgard.

I've got a 20 + year old Pioneer DC-Z83 double cassette with amplifier system I'd like to use with my headphone as a designated rig and stereo. It originally had a six CD cartridge that is not working. I'm going to purchase a new CD player for the system.

I read a lot on this site about the importance of "source". Specific to HP's, my question is, with my G 225 and Asgard, how important is the source and how much money do I need to sink into a CD player? Do, I need to sink $ 300 or more into a CD player and how much difference will it make?

I would love some recommendations.

I feel like my Grados and my Asgard put me into quality exceeding their price points. If I could find a comperable CD player to combine w/ my old Pioneer system, my Grados and schiit amp, I would be pretty darn happy!

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 3
I would recommend you take a look at the Marantz CD5004. I haven't heard it, but I have used a few components from Marantz in the past, and have always been pleased. I think that player is one of the more popular entry level choices these days, and probably for good reason.

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks..., I see that's a popular one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back