Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox"
Feb 4, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #16 of 969
Feb 5, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #17 of 969
UPS got held up by all the crazy midwest and east coast weather. It is not arriving until Monday. I am waiting with bated breath. I bought a wireless link today so I can get my source through ethernet. My office is literally the only room in my house without an ethernet port. Fortunately it is right next to the router and we have fiber optic, but I need to get my source ripping through ethernet? Do you think the ethernet cable matters?
Bought the wrong contraption. Anyone know how to convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?

Feb 5, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #18 of 969
Bought the wrong contraption. Anyone know how to convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?
Use something like THIS. They are multi-function devices but you want to configure it to join your existing wifi network, and to not broadcast a signal of its own. That would be useful if you needed it to extend your existing wifi for better coverage. But instead you just want to grab the existing wifi signal and run it through the Ethernet port. I haven't used that specific model but anything from TP Link, Asus, Netgear, etc should be fine. Stay away from brands you've never heard of - Amazon is full of no-name gear these days and I wouldn't let those on my network.

Alternately, you can just repurpose most any semi-recent wireless router to do what you need. It's usually called Bridge Mode under the advanced setup options and it will accomplish the same thing. I use an old Netgear R7000 router this way in the garage since I'm too lazy to run Ethernet there.

Feb 6, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #19 of 969
Use something like THIS. They are multi-function devices but you want to configure it to join your existing wifi network, and to not broadcast a signal of its own. That would be useful if you needed it to extend your existing wifi for better coverage. But instead you just want to grab the existing wifi signal and run it through the Ethernet port. I haven't used that specific model but anything from TP Link, Asus, Netgear, etc should be fine. Stay away from brands you've never heard of - Amazon is full of no-name gear these days and I wouldn't let those on my network.

Alternately, you can just repurpose most any semi-recent wireless router to do what you need. It's usually called Bridge Mode under the advanced setup options and it will accomplish the same thing. I use an old Netgear R7000 router this way in the garage since I'm too lazy to run Ethernet there.
Thanks John. I will give it a try. Not sure it will make a huge difference. I am running fiber optic and my source is 10 feet from the router. It just happens to be the only room in the house without an ethernet port.

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #21 of 969
My Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 Super Clock is in the house. Barely even warmed up and WOW! It sounds incredible. The Cen.Grand brand is no joke. This DAC sounds 2-3x its price, easily. I can't believe how good my system sounds and the owner recommends 100-300 hrs of break in. Oh, I've got some good days ahead. Pics soon...

Attachments

• 284B0676-80A2-41E1-81A5-4EA5C05F9010.jpeg
    284B0676-80A2-41E1-81A5-4EA5C05F9010.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 6, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #23 of 969
Looking good!
Thanks John. Appreciate the recommend. I am excited to write a review... It is a special product, from a special company. For those who buy their products, you can access an english manual on their website. The manual in the box is all in chinese. Translator is a beautiful thing. Without it I wouldn't have figured out how to get from volume/pre to direct DAC mode.

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:39 PM Post #25 of 969
Hey folks. I have ordered one and will keep you all posted. Big shoes to fill (Enleum 23R, Ferrum stack). Early review are promising.

Will be interested to hear your take on it, as you seem to have lots of experience with various expensive options.

Personally I find the Silver Fox in the same league as the Niimbus amp but perhaps slightly better in a few areas (I'm still doing comparisons to be sure). I like it quite a bit more than the Ferrum, and I haven't heard the Enleum enough to give any meaningful comparisons.

That said, the Niimbus amp has been my favorite for a while and with the Silver Fox possibly surpassing it... that's pretty exciting.

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #26 of 969
Looking forward to it too. Should be get by end of week. I'll be running a Lina into it and Elites and Expanse out.

One thing I've learned with the Elites is they benefit dynamically from lots of power even though their a low impedance headphone.

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #27 of 969
Will be interested to hear your take on it, as you seem to have lots of experience with various expensive options.

Personally I find the Silver Fox in the same league as the Niimbus amp but perhaps slightly better in a few areas (I'm still doing comparisons to be sure). I like it quite a bit more than the Ferrum, and I haven't heard the Enleum enough to give any meaningful comparisons.

That said, the Niimbus amp has been my favorite for a while and with the Silver Fox possibly surpassing it... that's pretty exciting.
Oh this is what I like to hear. I know you are very found of the Niimbus. It’s a great amp in its own right.

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #28 of 969
My Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 Super Clock is in the house. Barely even warmed up and WOW! It sounds incredible. The Cen.Grand brand is no joke. This DAC sounds 2-3x its price, easily. I can't believe how good my system sounds and the owner recommends 100-300 hrs of break in. Oh, I've got some good days ahead. Pics soon...
The DAC looks amazing. You have some fun times ahead for sure. Definitely looking forward to your impressions on it.

Feb 6, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #29 of 969
Silver Fox vs bliss KTE fox is going to be the first comp everyone is going to ask about with all due respect to niimbus. Pretty sweet build and looking forward to impressions.

Feb 6, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #30 of 969
Silver Fox vs bliss KTE fox is going to be the first comp everyone is going to ask about with all due respect to niimbus. Pretty sweet build and looking forward to impressions.
Indeed, Its between those two when I upgrade amps. Battle of the foxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back