Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 26, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #586 of 33,689
  It's a bit hard for me to prefer something over Vyrus. Vyrus has really big potential by playing with nozzles and tipps. At first I have used vyrus with gold nozzles and standart tips, but then I have tried silver + Rock Zircon's tips (bass remains fast the same as with gold+standart tips, but soundstage becomes wider and sound becomes overall a bit more detailed)

But I admit that Pro has great soundstage. I hope that Tennmak's 2 new iems have 2dd too.

Btw in Russia is now URBANFUN hype-train on the way, anyone try it?

Quote:
1clearhead can tell you all about the Urbanfun.

Thanks 'slowpickr' for the notice.....

The URBANFUN are underestimated as a very worthy opponent and to me are well deserving and should have a place here as a top-tier hybrid. The GranVela URBANFUN are a 2-way hybrid with excellent soundstage and deep broad bass, which carries great mids and details. The sound can be enhanced and greatly improved when coupled with aftermarket silicone tips, especially wide-bore silicone tips like the "Auvio silicone tips", which is my personal choice for this hybrid. The housing and wires are definitely well made and by far I've heard no complaints 'till now. Once burned-in for many hours they can be a real joy to listen to. They first came out in black, but today they sell in different colors, but the green ones at its price bracket are a-must-have!

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.16.mCK1D0&id=532872697692&ns=1&abbucket=6#detail

Here's a short cut to some PICS!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/31245#post_12717885

Sep 26, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #587 of 33,689
Hi, for sure, yes! I tried the Rock Zircon's tips on the **** 4in1, I loved them for the resulting audio quality! Anyway I always feel pains after 30 minutes of playing music...

Believe me right now it's straight four hours 4in1s are in my ears and i even don't realize that they are their just lovely sound waves around my head,  i can't understand why you feels pain after 30 minutes. 

Sep 26, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #590 of 33,689
  Believe me right now it's straight four hours 4in1s are in my ears and i even don't realize that they are their just lovely sound waves around my head,  i can't understand why you feels pain after 30 minutes. 

​Hi @Ahmad313, I feel pain because the golden ring touches my ears and it is has a sharp edge in my **** 4in1. It seems that you don't have this anatomical issue...

Sep 26, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #591 of 33,689
     Quote:

Thanks 'slowpickr' for the notice.....

The URBANFUN are underestimated as a very worthy opponent and to me are well deserving and should have a place here as a top-tier hybrid. The GranVela URBANFUN are a 2-way hybrid with excellent soundstage and deep broad bass, which carries great mids and details. The sound can be enhanced and greatly improved when coupled with aftermarket silicone tips, especially wide-bore silicone tips like the "Auvio silicone tips", which is my personal choice for this hybrid. The housing and wires are definitely well made and by far I've heard no complaints 'till now. Once burned-in for many hours they can be a real joy to listen to. They first came out in black, but today they sell in different colors, but the green ones at its price bracket are a-must-have!

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.16.mCK1D0&id=532872697692&ns=1&abbucket=6#detail

Here's a short cut to some PICS!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/31245#post_12717885

Thank you! 

Sep 26, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #592 of 33,689
Sep 26, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #594 of 33,689
Sep 26, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #599 of 33,689
Also, for anyone looking for an IEM ~$400, I very much recommend the Accutone Pisces BA. It's a bright (but not sibialnt) IEM with an incredible sense of transparency. Bass is present and extended, but is not the focus of the IEM. It excels in non-electronic genres.

http://www.audio.accutone.com/pisces-ba

@B9Scrambler can back me up on this one.

Here's my full review: 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/accutone-pisces-ba-hybrid-iem/reviews/16658

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #600 of 33,689
**** 4in1 impressions:

- WOOF are these hot on the treble. Like, pierce your eardrums with a sewing needle hot. 
- Sub-bass, not bad but it seems like everything after 20hz up to 200 is lacking. No worries about any sort of midbass hump here. 
- Switching to narrow bore tips (Trinity Kombi) helped tame some of the highs.
- After 30 hours of burning the sibilance I heard initially seems to have disappeared.
- Soundstage is above average, but sound is still "inside of the head" 
- I find myself constantly fiddling with the volume level. Usually due to too much sizzle in the treble on various tracks or not enough bass on others.
- With the cable included from NiceHCK these are a little harder to drive than the usual IEM. I'm up around 45-60 on my LG V10. Most IEMs I'm never above 40 or 45 on the volume.
- Acapella music is fantastic with these. I hear overtones that other headphones don't accurately reproduce.
- Dance Music just isn't any fun with these. I need more bass. 
- Rock...OUCH. I couldn't do it. The hi-hat and crash cymbals about sent me through the ceiling.
- Jazz...nice...very nice.
- Detail, instrument separation, aural texture, all are way above what I would expect for headphones that cost less than $30.

The **** 4in1 has all of the detail and treble of the Vivo XE800 without being so shouty in the mids.

Overall, if you aren't a bass head, and you can deal with some serious treble, I doubt you'll find a better headphone for you right now. If someone could take the clarity and detail of these, and match them with the bass and relaxed nature of the TFZ Series 5, I would have my end game IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back