Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 7, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #1,246 of 33,689
I see.

The problem of Android smartphone is the 48kHz re-sampling of 44.1kHz. But if you look at the data sheet of SMSL Ivy, it looks like also re-sample everything into 48kHz.

There's some great third party apps (like UAPP and Hiby music) that avoid the Android protocol when putting out audio from your smartphone. I find these apps to greatly improve the sq with external dac's so might be worth trying.

Fwiw I also got a smsl idol + that I'll review, haven't had much time to use it yet though but I really like the extremely small size, low power drain and the volume controls on the unit. Will share more sound impressions when I get some more time with it.

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #1,248 of 33,689
cool.gif
Guys, I recieved the MaGaosi K1 Hybrids yesterday and based on an OOTB Initial impression ONLY,  I would Say that they are VERY good. I briefly A/B them against the Musicmaker TK13, Shockwave III and "the IEM that shall not be named", and they are right there in that general league of SQ much higher than their price point would suggest.

I am most impressed with the Metal Shells. The orange-Red finish is to Die for.

They went straight to the Burner and I will have a REAL listen in about 50 hours or so.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Newest-MaGaosi-Hybrid-In-Ear-Earphone-2BA-with-1DD-HIFI-Bass-Metal-In-Ear-Headset-With/119089_32737134982.html
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #1,249 of 33,689
  herewith is a short review of the HLSX (Magaosi) BK-50, with some relevant comparisons. i bought these for $35 from hck on ali.

viscerally, the BK50 impresses immediately with nice packaging and solid build quality--they look like a substantially more expensive iem. easy to drive, quite light and comfortable, though microphonics are significant. soundwise,  i hear these as U-shaped, with voluminous, well controlled bass, mildly recessed but full-sounding mids and prominent, very well-extended highs. their overall character is warmish; they have the unusual quality of being very smooth without sacrificing microdetail. soundstage is large (wider than it is deep) and imaging/instrumental placement is very accurate. the BK50 is refined without sounding analytical or sterile. like the lz a2s, which they somewhat resemble, the BK50 sound great with mp3 and other lower quality files.

compared to the a2s, the BK50 have better treble extension and drive and present more detail; bass goes deeper but is not quite as fast and well-articulated on the BK50 as on the a2s. soundstage on the BK50 is larger and the BK50 sounds bigger overall.

compared to the shozy zero, which also have a warmish overall character, the BK50 are more  energetic, with a less crowded  soundstage and far better, more precise imaging. high end detail is similar.

the HLSX BK-35 have a slightly brighter, even more forward character than the BK50, with more prominent mids and more high end sizzle, though overall clarity and detail on the BK50 is superior. again, the BK50 has deeper bass, the larger soundstage and more accurate instrument placement. fans of a brighter, more energetic signature could prefer the BK35.

in contrast to the above, the XE800 is a completely different animal than the BK50--much brighter, more vivid and lifelike, with even more high end detail and a less colored sound overall. the BK50 has much more lowend presence and, especially, midbass texture; it is also a much larger, richer sounding phone. whether you prefer one to the other is dependent on your preference in sound signature.

in general, the BK-50 does not seem to be aimed at purists seeking a  stage monitor; it is tuned for a more exciting, larger sound which is nonetheless very appealing if not wholly natural. the relative value of these is exceptional; for sheer enjoyment (if not accuracy) they are the rare beast that really does compete with the >$100 dunus, fidues, jvcs etc.

Great review! ....Cheers!  
beerchug.gif

Two very different beasts! From memory.

RT-10 has bigger sound stage than 4in1 but less impactful mid bass. It does have lots of sub bass though. Its highs are less intense than the 4in1 but they still have a fair bit of sparkle. It's a single dynamic with a carbon fibre driver.

4in1 a great hybrid (BA and Dynamic) earphone if you can handle the intense treble, some can't. Lots of post on here regarding the 4in1 if you do a quick search you'll see it's strength and weaknesses.

Build quality on both is excellent although the **** comes with a generic MMCX cable which can be it's weak spot (ask @Harry501501). Better option might be to buy another cable separately but obviously not £100 worth.

The Macaw is lighter in weight as it's plastic compared to the ****'s metal construction, feels solid though. Macaw do the GT100 which is metal, but from what I've read it's quite heavy. RT10 has interchangeable panels which are a bit of gimmick really, but you can colour code the left and right to make it more obvious. They're a big earpiece with a narrow nozzle so takes a bit of effort to get them in the right place but once in and the cable over the ear they very secure.

They do stick out so you can't use them in bed, the **** can be used in bed as they're fairly flush - based on my ears which are fairly small.

If you're buying for a gift the Macaw have a great unboxing experience whilst the ****'s don't even come with a box.  

I wrote the first review on the 4in1's and it definitely has a great package and unpacking experience. It just all depends on the seller you're purchasing it from. ....Meaning, you'll probably get the whole package if you're paying a little more for them.

But, then again, that depends on the seller, so it's better to email them about what comes in your order.
wink.gif

cool.gif
Guys, I recieved the MaGaosi K1 Hybrids yesterday and based on an OOTB Initial impression ONLY,  I would Say that they are VERY good. I briefly A/B them against the Musicmaker TK13, Shockwave III and "the IEM that shall not be named", and they are right there in that general league of SQ much higher than their price point would suggest.

They went straight to the Burner and I will have a REAL listen in about 50 hours or so.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Newest-MaGaosi-Hybrid-In-Ear-Earphone-2BA-with-1DD-HIFI-Bass-Metal-In-Ear-Headset-With/119089_32737134982.html
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Good to know, 'TWIN'! .....Do tell some more when you get a chance! 
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #1,250 of 33,689
  Great review! ....Cheers!  
beerchug.gif

I wrote the first review on the 4in1's and it definitely has a great package and unpacking experience. It just all depends on the seller you're purchasing it from. ....Meaning, you'll probably get the whole package if you're paying a little more for them.

But, then again, that depends on the seller, so it's better to email them about what comes in your order.
wink.gif

Good to know, 'TWIN'! .....Do tell some more when you get a chance! 
tongue_smile.gif

cool.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

got my eyes on these--please post more impressions and comparos

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #1,252 of 33,689
I have the AP60. Unfortunately I have the wrong firmware version. So I can't make a proper UI comparison. The SQ however is certainly well above my ZTE Axon 7. It possesses well polished, natural and dynamic sound.

Oct 7, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #1,253 of 33,689
Comparison between the AP60 and what else? I have the AP100 on me, and that's it unfortunately.

How does it compare to AP100?

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #1,254 of 33,689

wink.gif

Read the review and spotted the box, the Macaw's is plusher 
wink_face.gif
 I think most sellers are selling the 4in1 without the box to keep the price down as low as possible.

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #1,256 of 33,689

Read the review and spotted the box, the Macaw's is plusher 
wink_face.gif
 I think most sellers are selling the 4in1 without the box to keep the price down as low as possible.

Darn! I hate when the sellers try to "cut-cost" and don't even explain to the buyers in what areas. Sometimes, it's a good feeling to get "the whole package".

Oct 8, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #1,257 of 33,689
Got my LZ-A2S (bought for 18.5 US$ from AliEx), this morning. They came with all the advertised accessories (including a carry case).

OOTB with JVC spiral dot tips (large), these have an overall sound of buttery smooth and warmness to its signature with vocals appears to be a bit forward. These are also super easy to drive (20% volume on OPO is loud enough for my liking) and build quality is amazing.

Source Gear: OnePlus One using HibyMusic Player, M4A 256 kbps, artists I had listened to are Shawn Mendes, Bayonne, Genuflex, Glass Animals, OneRepublic, Mutemath, MIA, Safia, Cubicolor, Blue Foundation, Blue States.

Oct 8, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #1,258 of 33,689
Got my LZ-A2S (bought for 18.5 US$ from AliEx), this morning. They came with all the advertised accessories (including a carry case).

OOTB with JVC spiral dot tips (large), these have an overall sound of buttery smooth and warmness to its signature with vocals appears to be a bit forward. These are also super easy to drive (20% volume on OPO is loud enough for my liking) and build quality is amazing.

Source Gear: OnePlus One using HibyMusic Player, M4A 256 kbps, artists I had listened to are Shawn Mendes, Bayonne, Genuflex, Glass Animals, OneRepublic, Mutemath, MIA, Safia, Cubicolor, Blue Foundation, Blue States.

18.5 USD?!?! I bought it for $50 and i thought i had a good deal!

Oct 8, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #1,259 of 33,689
@ChickenButcher - Yep, it appears to be a result of pricing error from few AliEx sellers (there was a post here in this thread giving a possible explanation for this, by @Vidal). It was a risk but still some of us took it and glad that it was indeed a bargain deal, in the end :)

(OT - I am unable to access any edit options in the Headfi reply box/editor, does anyone else having similar issue? )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back