Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 10, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #4,846 of 33,689
  Does anyone know where the best place to get  TY Hi-Z G3? I can only find it at Aliexpress and Penson.

You can buy from Penon on EBAY

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #4,849 of 33,689
both are extremely detailed and refined, but the urbanfun has more midbass impact and overall omph

What's the difference between the Black and Green Urbanfun on Amazon?

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #4,850 of 33,689
What's the difference between the Black and Green Urbanfun on Amazon?

If memory serves absolutely nothing.  Both claim a normal $85 price, but the green is VERY heavily discounted compared to the black.  At that price with prime shipping, I'm awfully tempted to give it a try.

On Dec 9th the price of the green started dropping form $40 to where it is now.

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #4,851 of 33,689
the empire ears Athena Adel to me has the same sound signature as the 4 in 1.

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #4,852 of 33,689
After buying mine first KZ ones,the ED2,i am amazed how these low costing IEM's can sound ! And after a lot of reading on this forum,i think i have a new addiction
biggrin.gif
And for feeding mine addiction,i was looking for another set,just for the fun and hearing diffrent sets and sounds :)

On Aliexpress i found 2 diffrent sets which i may have some interest in.But i couldn't find any info on them here on Head-fi.The ones i found are:
DZAT DF-10
Mannhas C190

The DZAT was mentioned somewhere but nothing about how the sound or any other knowledge about them.
If some one haves some information about one of them or maybe both,i would be thankfull.Thanks in advance
smile_phones.gif

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #4,856 of 33,689
DZAT DT-05 OOTB impressions.

This IEM is all about the bass.. and just like the song says "no treble". I don't know if the couple of negative reviews just had me lower my expectations a bunch or what, because these aren't nearly as bad as people were making them out to be. I have to wonder what people were expecting when they put IEMs that have two big 'ol dynamic drivers in them in their ears. 

Bass: Yes, there's a huge midbass hump, but it doesn't bleed into the mids nearly as much as one would expect. The bass is overabundant, but tight and fast. I disagree with the folks saying the sound is bloated. There's a ton of bass, but it's not loose. Going along with that huge midbass hump is some brain rattling sub-bass. The best part about the subbass on these is that I don't have to crank an EQ up to uncomfortable levels to get that brain rattle it's just there. When I say subbass, I'm talking 40Hz and lower. These feel like they're tuned to really excel on the 25-30hz frequencies.

Mids: Smooth, controlled, not too recessed, very warm to the point of there being an artificiality to the tone. Not unpleasant, just nothing neutral about the sound. If you EQ'd out some of the bass you'd probably have some really good male and lower female vocals. Male barbershop groups have plenty of ring and overtone, however female quartets are missing overtones and lack ring, which brings me to...

Treble: Do you like sparkle? Do you like the Xe800 or **** 4in1? If so, this isn't the headphone for you. I haven't heard an IEM with treble this rolled off in a long time. Does that make it bad? Well, opinions will vary. To me, while there's a clarity and sparkle noticeably missing, it also leads to a very comfortable non-fatiguing sound.

Clarity: Well, there's a bit of a veil to everything which is only exacerbated by the lack of treble. That being said, it's no more veil than my IE80s, it's just more noticeable because of the rolled off treble.

Soundstage: This is one of the best traits of these IEMs. Start up your favorite headphone test track and enjoy the wide, deep and out of head sound. This surprised me since a lack of treble or sparkle can often lead to a closed in or "canned" sound. Not with the DT-05. Lots of space and remarkably good separation all things considered.

Verdict: Definitely worth the $20 I paid for them. Are they great? no. Will I be doing any critical listening with them? Not a chance. But for a good non-fatiguing sound that gets my foot tapping with some sub-bass that makes me involuntarily smile, they're pretty damn good.

Suggested Genre: Drum N Bass 

Jan 11, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #4,857 of 33,689
DZAT DT-05 OOTB impressions.

This IEM is all about the bass.. and just like the song says "no treble". I don't know if the couple of negative reviews just had me lower my expectations a bunch or what, because these aren't nearly as bad as people were making them out to be. I have to wonder what people were expecting when they put IEMs that have two big 'ol dynamic drivers in them in their ears. 

Thanks for the detailed impression. I need more iems like a hole in the head but I'd like to try these anyway. If I see them on sale I'll grab some

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #4,858 of 33,689
think I will to, I really like the design/look of these:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 11, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #4,860 of 33,689
Just for the thrill of the auction I got the Hidizs ep-3 and received it yesterday. Not really impressed - for $15 shipped they are not that bad given the decent over-the-ear fit and mic but sq-wise the mids are pushed backed, the bass lacks some body and the treble is quite emphasized, which paired with the thin note presentation makes the ep-3 quite bright and shrill at times. These are early impressions and maybe with some more tip rolling I can get a bit better sound but definitely not worth the full price with that build quality and sq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back