Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #23,386 of 35,472
It looks like none of the KZ ZS1/ZS2,ATE are good for jogging from what I have read in the comments and youtube videos, they pop out easily https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwUy7kXiMio
KZ ATES are much better?
What about the Fonge S500?
S6 Tuna?

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #23,387 of 35,472

It looks like none of the KZ ZS1/ZS2,ATE are good for jogging from what I have read in the comments and youtube videos, they pop out easily https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwUy7kXiMio
KZ ATES are much better?
What about the Fonge S500?
S6 Tuna?

I have no issues with the ZS1 popping out. The memory wire keeps them in place as long as you bend it correctly. ZN1 Mini....those not so much.

You might want to look into the QKZ W1 Pro. It sounds decent and is quite inexpensive.

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #23,388 of 35,472
I can't believe you would keep the DQSM and sell the superior HCK A2.

JMO

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #23,389 of 35,472
Be careful head-fiers, even though Joyroom JR-E107's were a hit doesn't mean all there other earphones are going to sound just as good. I had the opportunity to listen to the Joyroom JR-E100 and JR-E103 and they were just "meh" to me.

All there other models I haven't tried yet and I'm sure they're probably good. ......I'm just keeping a look out for you guys from China.
ph34r.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #23,390 of 35,472
I can't believe you would keep the DQSM and sell the superior HCK A2.

JMO

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

DQSM sounds better for me.. :)

I'm not a treble lover nor treble sensitive but I don't have any problem with these trebles. It's all about personal preference I guess.. 
biggrin.gif

Paul

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #23,392 of 35,472
Just ordered the ICONS today. Now confused shall i cancel and order these??:confused: :confused:

I wouldn't.

Pretty sure the Icons are a level above.

:beerchug: I wouldn't. The ICONS are superb. I know this for a Fact.

JMHO

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Totally!

Sorry AsheshM, I can't speak for the ICONS, 'cause I don't own one, but the Sendiy M2's, I treat them like a work of art. To me, they are just that good! Best package deal I've seen by far! ......It even comes with a 12 track music CD so you could test them with.

You should get yourself some Icons. :wink:

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #23,393 of 35,472
I wouldn't.

Pretty sure the Icons are a level above.Just curious, have you compared them, or how did you arrive at being pretty sure they're a level above?

How did you arrive at being pretty sure that they're a level above?

If you compared them, I'd love to read your comparison.

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #23,394 of 35,472
I have no issues with the ZS1 popping out. The memory wire keeps them in place as long as you bend it correctly. ZN1 Mini....those not so much.

You might want to look into the QKZ W1 Pro. It sounds decent and is quite inexpensive.

Yep I saw them, but I wonder if someone tested them and if they can be compared to KZ ED9,ATE... as SQ
So you can use your ZS1 while doing sports? I am very tempted by the ZS2, they could be as good as ZN1 mini but with mic, or as bassy as ZS1, and I don't want to wait 2 months delivery time for a very bassy pair of earphones.
If the W1 Pro have good soundstage and details I will grab them, or else I will have to wait for a ZS2 review

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #23,395 of 35,472

Yep I saw them, but I wonder if someone tested them and if they can be compared to KZ ED9,ATE... as SQ
So you can use your ZS1 while doing sports? I am very tempted by the ZS2, they could be as good as ZN1 mini but with mic, or as bassy as ZS1, and I don't want to wait 2 months delivery time for a very bassy pair of earphones.
If the W1 Pro have good soundstage and details I will grab them, or else I will have to wait for a ZS2 review

ZS1's bass unfortunately is a bit much. The whole earphone is nicely coherent sounding though, not showing signs of distorted sound.

Brain burn in is the key for ZS1. If I listen to ZS1 after spending some time with other KZs like ATE/ZN1mini/ED9 the ZS1 suddenly feels too bassy. After some hours of use though, it sounds nice and clear. At this stage moving to other earphones may make those feel like lacking in bass but that again settles after a bit time. 

And again for fit... IMHO don't look for opinions on fit too much. B9 finds ZS1 comfortable, I find it painful. And oddly enough same is true, vice versa for ZN1 mini. For me it's absolutely comfortable. 

My advice.... it's just KZ, not big investment. Throw couple of tens of bucks and get 2-3 different pairs. Don't even worry about money as you can resale these at same value. Keep the ones you loved, sell the rest. 

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #23,396 of 35,472

I have the ED9, ATE, and a billion other KZs so I can help with that comparo, lol.

I'll tell you right off that the W1 is bassy. Not ZS1 levels of bassy, but still bassy. This is their strength though. Their bass is really well textured and digs deep enough to give you some nice rumble when asked for. It's not that sort of ever present bass you would expect on a cheapo iem that bleeds into and messes around with other frequencies. Definitely the best bass of the bunch.

Detail retrieval is not their strong suit and falls behind the ED9 with either filter, and the ATE. It's not horrible, but on very in-depth or complicated tracks they do get overwhelmed. I'm using small bore Sony tips which I'm pretty sure constrict the sound. Wide bore tips would probably help quite a bit, but I don't have any that work with my ears and iems shaped liked this (XFit XF-200 for example).

Mids are quite similar to the ATE. Not quite as forward but they have the same sort of rich, thick presentation. ED9 sounds thin in comparison. I would put the W1 behind the ATE, but ahead of the ED9.

Sound stage on all three is good, with the ATE holding the frontlines. ED9 and W1 are close.I think the ED9 has a deeper stage, and W1 the taller, wider stage. 

Overall I feel some of the KZs are still the better sounding iems, but the W1 is competitive. KZ goes pretty much for sound quality alone when giving you your bang for the buck. W1 gives you a ton more features and good build quality (that cable esp.), with slightly worse sound quality. They still sound better than any 8 USD iem with all these features has any right to.

I'm fully expecting the ZS2 to continue along that design's bass-focused sound. The ZS1 is a bass monster. The ZN1 Mini is really bassy too, just lacking the ZS1's sub-bass extension.

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #23,397 of 35,472

And again for fit... IMHO don't look for opinions on fit too much. B9 finds ZS1 comfortable, I find it painful. And oddly enough same is true, vice versa for ZN1 mini. For me it's absolutely comfortable. 

So true. ZS1 I can wear, quite literally, all day. ZN1 I always have to fiddle with. I guess it just goes to show how much of an effect cables can have on fit, even on iems with identical housings.

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #23,398 of 35,472
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-DIY-UE-Custom-Made-Around-Ear-Earphone-Balanced-Armature-Dual-Unit-In-Ear-Dynamic/32511475071.html

anyone tried these dual dynamic earphones ???

i want to buy them and am i bit confused about their quality

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #23,399 of 35,472
Thanks!
So you think ZS1 = ZS2 in terms of big bass or it should be closer to ZN1?
I thought the Z1N (mini) was the best in terms of clarity,soundstage and details
I am not against a good bass if it's not eating from other channels and soundstage, When I bought the Sony SBH-50 BT it came with a pair of I think EX15 that are so bassy that there are no place for mids and treble, needless to say soundstage is tiny. I had to decrease the bass to -10 with V4A so it stops booming the sound too much.
So yeah I don't want to same thing again with a new pair of iems.

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #23,400 of 35,472
  Thanks!
So you think ZS1 = ZS2 in terms of big bass or it should be closer to ZN1?

I really have no idea tbh. I hope the ZS2 offers up it's own unique sound, but I suspect it will be more in line with the ZN1. I really don't want to hear that it's just the ZS1, blue edition, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back