Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #23,447 of 35,472
Z03A in my ears right now. OOTB the stock tips, both Yellow and Black ones they are super bright. Had to turn my volume down. Remembered I brought my Puros with me so I put the Large Auvio on them on BAM, perfect, cut down the brightness to comfortable levels. With only 15 min on them, my ears getting adjusted, damn good clarity, detail and soundstage. No sibilance, S's are tame and soft, no harshness. Bass is not thick but not light either, I'm sure burn in will thicken it a bit. Hard believing these are single driver IEMs for only $30. 

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #23,448 of 35,472
OK OK...I just ordered the Z03A's...didn't need em' shouldn't have done it but it wasn't me! My stupid finger hit the mouse button by mistake...I swear it wasn't me. I use a wireless mouse that could have been it...:blink:

Yaaa it is known as "itchy finger/blame the mouse" epidemic! Very common disease on this forum.
No cure yet!

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #23,449 of 35,472
Z03A in my ears right now. OOTB the stock tips, both Yellow and Black ones they are super bright. Had to turn my volume down. Remembered I brought my Puros with me so I put the Large Auvio on them on BAM, perfect, cut down the brightness to comfortable levels. With only 15 min on them, my ears getting adjusted, damn good clarity, detail and soundstage. No sibilance, S's are tame and soft, no harshness. Bass is not thick but not light either, I'm sure burn in will thicken it a bit. Hard believing these are single driver IEMs for only $30. 

Wow. Looks like we did the same analysis.

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #23,451 of 35,472
  Is there anything else to compare to the Z03s in that price range?

Possibly the Sendiy M2, based on other members' impressions.. I have both on the way, so I'll make a comparison as soon as they both arrive,

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #23,452 of 35,472
  Without burn in already they sound better than B3 and Titan? Guys don't start the train I'm broke : (

And exactly why after I get these 4 tour items out of here I'm taking a Heaf-Fi sabbatical
ph34r.gif

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #23,453 of 35,472

And exactly why after I get these 4 tour items out of here I'm taking a Heaf-Fi sabbatical
ph34r.gif

Yeah, I hear you.. I'm probably going to throw a larger wad of money at the Musicmaker Shockwave III or LZ A3, depending on what the impressions are when people are starting to get them, but after that, I'm planning to be pretty set for a while..

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #23,454 of 35,472
since someone asked about this headphone here is a bit of what I think

Is a hybrid 3BA + DD
I think its called a "bore hole" above the 8 & 4 so air can flow with the dynamic driver.
MMCX connectors seem good. Comfort is even better, very excellant over the ear fit.
I would say sound wise they are pretty good and even better for the price.  Only other shure headphone i own is an old SE500 which is a SE530 without the removable cable.  I would say they easily top that headphone.  
They are not as treble-centric as the IE800, I would say more "mid-centric" with a neutral cable like linum bax.
A cheap silver cable opens them up a bit. After listening I may wanna keep now...
Headphones seem respond to EQ well.

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #23,459 of 35,472
any comparison like between ie800 or campfire audio lyra or ie8?

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #23,460 of 35,472
Nice. Can't wait for an A3/S3 showdown. Seems like they're going to be world class.

That's what I'm hoping for Hazard. Got my Shockwave today they are truly world class, you can tell with just a brief listen. I'm figuring 6-8 days before the LZA3 are in my greedy hands. I have great hope for it as well. The LZ-Z03A is stellar by itself.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back