Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #23,596 of 35,472
What DAC are you using though ?

ELE EL-D01 atm. It's small and portable, and has pretty good SQ, especially for the price.

I have a portable amp, or actually two, but I would still love to have one thing less to carry around.

Mar 10, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #23,597 of 35,472
This is my humble opinion for these headphones is much talk in this forum, and decided to buy them for your references I have received a pair of headphones IEM. one of them is the KZ Ate and The QKZ X6.
My Headset for comparison is the Piston2 .
Source of amplification, Focusrite 2I4.
Music reference some Soul, hip-hop, techno and funk.
QKZ X6. a bit disappointing. Bass is a undistinguishable ball, the vocal part is normal and treble are very metallic.
KZ Ate. sincerely for the review made in this forum does not disappoint, the vocal is very good, very clear and restrasada (some songs if that is appreciated, but very slight) I miss a little more lows but decent. treble is what I like about this handset are precise, clear and very clear in resolution. It will replace the very fast piston2.
KZ Ate, I prefer to classic rock and soul songs.
I prefer to hiphop colored headphones ... no more can you recommend any?
P.S. IMHO, do not buy the qkz, there are a lot better IEM.

Mar 10, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #23,598 of 35,472
  This is my humble opinion for these headphones is much talk in this forum, and decided to buy them for your references I have received a pair of headphones IEM. one of them is the KZ Ate and The QKZ X6.
My Headset for comparison is the Piston2 .
Source of amplification, Focusrite 2I4.
Music reference some Soul, hip-hop, techno and funk.
QKZ X6. a bit disappointing. Bass is a undistinguishable ball, the vocal part is normal and treble are very metallic.
KZ Ate. sincerely for the review made in this forum does not disappoint, the vocal is very good, very clear and restrasada (some songs if that is appreciated, but very slight) I miss a little more lows but decent. treble is what I like about this handset are precise, clear and very clear in resolution. It will replace the very fast piston2.
KZ Ate, I prefer to classic rock and soul songs.
I prefer to hiphop colored headphones ... no more can you recommend any?
P.S. IMHO, do not buy the qkz, there are a lot better IEM.

QKZ isn't a KZ product, or maybe it's old, dated model. 

ATE is actually very good. I prefer it for jazz, fusion and vocal music as it has suited FR and good timbre.
If you are looking to buy any KZ then my recommendation is to select any one among KZ's top crop, and according to your musical taste. ED9, ZN1mini, EDR2, HDS1, ATE, ZS1, ED10 are best among KZ models imo. 

You may want to take a look at KZ thread for more information : http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread/10005

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #23,599 of 35,472
LZ Z03A Vs. Titan 1

Bass: More bass than the Titan 1 and deeper too. As for the texture. I prefer the Z03A because it's feels like a subwoofer pulse in tracks that demand bass. It sounds like one too. It stays in its place without trying to intrude with the other parts of the frequency. In terms of speed. I found the Z03A to be slightly faster. In terms of decay. Roughly the same.

Mids: Forward. Very forward. Which makes the entire sound signature seem bright. It doesn't go too far to create any unwanted sounds in the upper registers. The Titan 1 has a thicker and warmer sound for the mids. So the mids sound darker in comparison. The amount of detail retrieval from the Z03A is quite similar to the Titan 1. Those of you that heavily listen to vocals will find the vocals hard to resist.

Treble: Definitely brighter than the Titan 1. Which also adds on to the bright sound. Despite the medium amount of deep bass. The detail of the treble slightly exceeds that of the Titan 1. Those of you that love music with stringed instruments will instantly fall in love with the Z03A.

cool.gif
Sorry Niyo, I ABSOLUTELY disagree with your assessment of the Treble of the Z03A. There is no way on God's Green Earth that it is brighter/ has more treble than the Titan 1. I had to give my Titans to my oldest daughter because I couldn't handle the Treble Headaches I was getting. The only way the Z03A could be considered overly Bright is if you continue to use the Hybrid Yellow core eartips that came on them. Put the Black accessory tips, wider bore, or Auvios on them they calm right Down. Burn them in a while they flatten out more. NO I wouldn't say they are Dark either. I think they do a nice balance between Bass and treble extension.

JMO  Users will have to judge for themselves. Being Treble sensitive I personally don;t find the Z03A intrusive or offensive in any way. If You want to Hear BRIGHT, slap on a pair of DQSM.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 10, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #23,600 of 35,472
:cool: Sorry Niyo, I ABSOLUTELY disagree with your assessment of the Treble of the Z03A. There is no way on God's Green Earth that it is brighter/ has more treble than the Titan 1. I had to give my Titans to my oldest daughter because I couldn't handle the Treble Headaches I was getting. The only way the Z03A could be considered overly Bright is if you continue to use the Hybrid Yellow core eartips that came on them. Put the Black accessory tips, wider bore, or Auvios on them they calm right Down. Burn them in a while they flatten out more. NO I wouldn't say they are Dark either. I think they do a nice balance between Bass and treble extension.

JMO  Users will have to judge for themselves. Being Treble sensitive I personally don;t find the Z03A intrusive or offensive in any way. If You want to Hear BRIGHT, slap on a pair of DQSM.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

I used the Sony Hybrid tips on both IEMs and the Titan 1 sounds slightly darker and a bit more balanced to me. The treble on the Z03A sounds brighter, but not sibilant.

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #23,602 of 35,472
I used the Sony Hybrid tips on both IEMs and the Titan 1 sounds slightly darker and a bit more balanced to me. The treble on the Z03A sounds brighter, but not sibilant.

Could you let me know your source and music type? Also CD's or ripped files? thanks

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #23,603 of 35,472

cool.gif
That's the beauty of a discussion forum about individual interpretations of Hi Fi Components. No one hears things exactly the same way. It makes for lively topics.

YOU DID NOTICE that I never said you were wrong, just that I personally disagree?

Funny how 2 people can hear the same 2 IEMS and have Different impressions isn't it. This happens all the time. I pretty much think the rest of your impression is spot on. Forward Mids Certainly. SPLIT right in the center of Vocal Midrange. Did you notice how nice BOTH male and Female vocals ring? Classic 'W" shaped EQ.

Around here you always have to preffice or suffix Your Statements with In My Opinion or something similar. Otherwise it's all out war.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #23,604 of 35,472
Could you let me know your source and music type? Also CD's or ripped files? thanks

My source is the ASUS Zenfone 2 w/the Neutron Music App>Topping NX2 (USB DAC Mode)>LZ Z03A. I mainly used 24 bit/96KHz FLAC files.

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #23,605 of 35,472
:cool: That's the beauty of a discussion forum about individual interpretations of Hi Fi Components. No one hears things exactly the same way. It makes for lively topics.

YOU DID NOTICE that I never said you were wrong, just that I personally disagree?

Funny how 2 people can hear the same 2 IEMS and have Different impressions isn't it. This happens all the time. I pretty much think the rest of your impression is spot on. Forward Mids Certainly. SPLIT right in the center of Vocal Midrange. Did you notice how nice BOTH male and Female vocals ring? Classic 'W" shaped EQ.

Around here you always have to preffice or suffix Your Statements with In My Opinion or something similar. Otherwise it's all out war.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

It may be my NX2. I haven't turned on the EQ. I think I need a 75 ohm adapter.

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #23,606 of 35,472

cool.gif
That's the beauty of a discussion forum about individual interpretations of Hi Fi Components. No one hears things exactly the same way. It makes for lively topics.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Well said Sir Twin
wink_face.gif
The only thing personal is how we each hear our setups, I live in the mids and high's and only look for a solid thump in the low end where I think (JMO again) most really want a full on bass presentation covering mid, sub and low bass
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #23,608 of 35,472
@TwinACStacks I always felt that having to type out IMO was redundant.  A reasonable person should naturally assume that all statements along these lines are opinions and should be taken as such...  IMO of course.

And a little more on topic, I decided to wait until impressions arrive for the LZ-A3.  While I really do have hope that it'd have a wonderful sound, given my dislike for the couple of hybrids I've heard so far I worry that I may just not like the hybrid sound, so I just hope it can accomplish something special.

Also, my Moxpad V90 should arrive on Tuesday, which means I should probably go ahead and accept that the AGPtek C05 won't be available and order the A06.  Or I could just use Tidal on my phone and see what I think of that service.

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #23,609 of 35,472
" A reasonable person should naturally assume that all statements along these lines are opinions and should be taken as such..."

You would think but been many a flaming crash out here when not prefacing the old IMO (Igor comes to mind, he assumed the same but many did not see it that way)!

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #23,610 of 35,472
@Podster I don't necessarily assume reasonable behavior is the norm.  People as a whole tend to be close-minded and petty.  But if a person isn't reasonable, I generally don't see much of a point in continuing conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back