Choosing IEMs
Mar 20, 2024 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

username643827

100+ Head-Fier

Hello

I really want to get int to good IEMs and i feel like the spring sale is the best time. :) I choosed a few IEMs but any recomendation will be appreciated. :) I mainly like neutral or bright, sparkly sound profile not very bass heavy, i like a wide stage and good clarity. I mainly listen to jazz and classical. My budget would be 500$

Here are a few i choosed.

Moondrop Variation​

Final Audio E5000​

Final audio E4000​

THIEAUDIO Hype 4​

AFUL Performer5​

AFUL MagicOne​

Moondrop Blessing 3​

Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk​

Moondrop Kato​

Etymotic ER4SR​

Etymotic ER2SE​

7HZ Timeless​

SIMGOT EA500​

SIMGOT EA2000​

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 11
Ive got the Kato and Variations and would take the Kato anytime. I've had the Blessing 2 and 3 a couple of times for the business, and still like the Kato or Starfield over any of them. The 7hz Timeless is great fun, but not the AE version. They put a dynamic bass driver in those and it sounds like everything else on the market. The original is still the best. The Tanchjim Hannah is another I'd get again. The Kato is fun and not too bright. Ignore price, value for money is all over the map.

Mar 20, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 11
I've had all the Moondrops on your list -- their sound is smooth, safe, even refined (Variation), but not very exciting.
Etymotics are super bright, analytical, reference, with a cold low bass sound, I've had both on your list.
I'm going to suggest the new Tansio Mirai 'X' / 10th anniversary. Just superb in everything you mentioned, which are all my preferences as well. They have 3 tunable switches, which make subtle but real sound changes in bass quantity. Great technicalities.

Mar 21, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #7 of 11
Maybe look for the AFUL P8, its not bass heavy at all with great techs. But i woudnt really say it has a huge stage. Only iem i have tried so far that actually has some stage is the UM mest 2

Mar 21, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #8 of 11
Ive got the Kato and Variations and would take the Kato anytime. I've had the Blessing 2 and 3 a couple of times for the business, and still like the Kato or Starfield over any of them. The 7hz Timeless is great fun, but not the AE version. They put a dynamic bass driver in those and it sounds like everything else on the market. The original is still the best. The Tanchjim Hannah is another I'd get again. The Kato is fun and not too bright. Ignore price, value for money is all over the map.
I'am thinking anout getting the Kato's or the Variations but i don't know which one. :upside_down: Probably would also get some ety's. :)

Apr 4, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #9 of 11

Hello

I really want to get int to good IEMs and i feel like the spring sale is the best time. :) I choosed a few IEMs but any recomendation will be appreciated. :) I mainly like neutral or bright, sparkly sound profile not very bass heavy, i like a wide stage and good clarity. I mainly listen to jazz and classical. My budget would be 500$

Here are a few i choosed.

Moondrop Variation​

Final Audio E5000​

Final audio E4000​

THIEAUDIO Hype 4​

AFUL Performer5​

AFUL MagicOne​

Moondrop Blessing 3​

Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk​

Moondrop Kato​

Etymotic ER4SR​

Etymotic ER2SE​

7HZ Timeless​

SIMGOT EA500​

SIMGOT EA2000​

Try the HBB Heydey it’s very nice it reminds me of the Gaea but it is less aggressive, bass not as punchy, and obviously detail and clarity goes to the Gaea but Heydey is a good option and it’s very cheap.

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #10 of 11
There are other choice like the Softears Studio4 or Moondrop Blessing 3.

I second the Studio4 with wide-bored tips. I find them transparent, revealing, wide and clear, just "correct" sounding. I'd advise you, username643827 to look for flat lower-mids on 711 graphs (e.g. Thieaudio sets), those present the fundamental notes of instruments you hear in your favorite genres the most naturally IMO -- overtones: a different question. If you do like a little warmth to e.g. double-bass though, then choose something with a slight tilt towards bass (similar to what the RSV, the Hexa or Supernova has -- Crinacle Neutral 2023, basically). From your list, I'd take the Hype 4 or the Kato -- or if you really prefer natural, correct, not "fun" bass, then the Studio4. It's unvented though. Hope you'll find (or already did) something good :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back