Chord Anni
Mar 29, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #558 of 564
Does anyone have experience using the Mojo 2 as a dac with the Anni? If so, how did you find it?
I haven't tried my Mojo2 with it, but FWIW I hated the Anni on the M-Dave. Smeared the heck out of the sound.

I only got it because I have the new Heddphone and people say it needs a lot of juice. To me the Dave HP out, which some say is underpowered, sounds much, much better than the Anni.

YMMV obviously.

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #559 of 564
I haven't tried my Mojo2 with it, but FWIW I hated the Anni on the M-Dave. Smeared the heck out of the sound.

I only got it because I have the new Heddphone and people say it needs a lot of juice. To me the Dave HP out, which some say is underpowered, sounds much, much better than the Anni.

YMMV obviously.
I have Anni but heard DAVE onboard amplfier. I agree with you, its a state of art amplfier with superb sound signature. And its not underpowered. Maybe too weak for a few headphones, but foe most works fine. Also Anni is made as a comapanion for Qutest and with some good PSU they both together sound fine. Still prefer TT2 tho.

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #560 of 564
I have Anni but heard DAVE onboard amplfier. I agree with you, its a state of art amplfier with superb sound signature. And its not underpowered. Maybe too weak for a few headphones, but foe most works fine. Also Anni is made as a comapanion for Qutest and with some good PSU they both together sound fine. Still prefer TT2 tho.
Thanks very much for that confirmation. Makes me feel better. I've been having intermittent massive insecurity about the Dave's HP amp because of reading so many comments about "underpowered on tough headphones", "TT2's is much is better", etc, even though I adore the way it sounds (yeah, I'm fully aware how pathetic I am lol...)

I'm thinking about looking at tubes, but am nervous because I'm a total addict to that M-Dave clarity/purity and I want to improve it, but not mess it up.

Anway, thanks again.

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #561 of 564
Thanks very much for that confirmation. Makes me feel better. I've been having intermittent massive insecurity about the Dave's HP amp because of reading so many comments about "underpowered on tough headphones", "TT2's is much is better", etc, even though I adore the way it sounds (yeah, I'm fully aware how pathetic I am lol...)

I'm thinking about looking at tubes, but am nervous because I'm a total addict to that M-Dave clarity/purity and I want to improve it, but not mess it up.

Anway, thanks again.
I dont see anything pathethic here. I think the same about Chords line. TT2 have different genetics than Qutest and DAVE, its sound different, relaxed, not so close to listener, with different perspective. Qutest dac and DAVE sounds kinda the same, on your face with three dimensional top end and foused low end, and pushed forward midrange. Qutest its a cheaper version of DAVE. Amplifier in TT2 is slighty different than this output in Anni and DAVE becuse its a must, they are for different DACs. Qutest is much like DAVE but like Qutest its not a competition after all for a DAVE , in DAC section. In a same way Anni is not a comeptition for DAVE analog output. I was listening DAVE from his jack hole, and for me this amplifer is a banger for hp. It slighty darker, substantional and dense. Hes not lose details, have AAA+ level separation and overall oclusion of sound. Atmosphere is graat with this amp. Hes also ultra fast and emotional but stays toned all the time. DAVE as a combo for headpohnes for a PC music with Roon for example its my way to go. If i got money right now, it would already be mine. If you have DAVE i dont think you need any tubes or tube amplfiers. You just need DAVE. Its a complete gear.

Mar 29, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #562 of 564
I listened to the Diana V2 with the Mojo 2 yesterday, it sounded excellent! I AB'd with a few Dac/Amp stacks, in some instances I preferred the Mojo 2 to the 1000 - 3000 euro setups.

The main difference I noticed with the more powerful systems was an elevated bass region. I added a 1.5 db bass shelf on the Mojo and this cancelled out much of the difference.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #563 of 564
I didnt hear the mojo but from what i hear on my won ears, if come to Chord gear, synergy is the key. They must play as one, as a combo. They dont need antyhing external. TT2 as a combo is great, DAVE also. Anni plays good with Qutest. Mojo propably its the same. DAVE plays 3X better when playin with own headphone amp, than with Woo Audio Luna WA23 for example. 10 000 dollar amplifier and DAVE onboard ampfier was better. Also Anni its good amplfier but he have synergy with Qutest, And with planars, with dynamics sounds ... hmmm, normal :)

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #564 of 564
Well for me, DAVE its a still master in terms of headpones game. its not an amp for Susvara, Abyss 1266 or K1000 but for most headphones doin good. He has exeptionally timbre, very orginal. Its never dry, alwyas dark, dense but have all possible details and speed. Hell of an amplfier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back