Chord Anni
Aug 22, 2021 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 564

Gianix

New Head-Fier
Just found this on an Australian shop, is it real or fake?
147C8198-350C-442C-8A46-71C1FB6D599B.jpeg

Aug 22, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #5 of 564
Stacks with Qutest. So Qutest size (tiny) apparently
Looks interesting, especially as someone with a nearfield speaker set-up.

There's no I/O toggle switch visible on the front, so it'll probably be one RCA input only which puts it up against the Burson Funk which is considerably cheaper. Very keen to hear what's going on under the hood in terms of power and topology.

Aug 22, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 564
Nice. I hope this is one of the amps Rob Watts was developing that has no loss of transparency and resolution compared to third-party amps when paired with Chord DACs.

I was considering to do a Car Audio Build, but Car amps will take away some transparency and resolution if using the Qutest as the DAC.

I don't know if it will get loud enough to compete in Car Audio Competitions, but should be enjoyable as a daily driver.

So if Chord releases three products this year? Chord Anni, Chord Mojo2, ????

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 564
From the supplier's website

"Anni is a revolutionary desktop headphone and near-field studio amplifier using the latest dual-feed-forward circuit topology"

Price at 2500 Australian dollars...

certainly the price is extraordinary for an amplifier.
Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 09.00.11.png

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 564

"Anni is a revolutionary desktop headphone and near-field studio amplifier using the latest dual-feed-forward circuit topology"

certainly the price is extraordinary for an amplifier.Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 09.00.11.png
Is it?
Same price as Qutest. Pretty standard Chord pricing.

Aug 23, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #9 of 564

certainly the price is extraordinary for an amplifier.Screenshot 2021-08-23 at 09.00.11.png
Listing has since been removed.

In any case, I've been told that "The Anni is due in within a fortnight. There are limited stocks....most of which are bought already by dealers for display stock."

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #10 of 564
Listing has since been removed.

In any case, I've been told that "The Anni is due in within a fortnight. There are limited stocks....most of which are bought already by dealers for display stock."
Yep same.

I believe I can order one and have it in the first batch. But I have no need for it.

Aug 23, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #12 of 564
Yup, no great need for it myself. And yet, I also want it because, as a lover of mini systems, I got a need for Qutest and Anni to be together on my desk.
Exactly hey. Such a neat little stack.

I doubt it would impress me as much as the SparkoS Aries though. So I'll wait for reviews

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #14 of 564
Is it?
Same price as Qutest. Pretty standard Chord pricing.
the only difference is that the quest can justify its price by having Rob Watts writing the code and the years spent to develop that. I am not sure how this price can be justified for this product but I will wait to see the details. The cutest is unique and amazing. Is this gonna be the case for a headphone/mildly powered desk amp? The competition is huge.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #15 of 564
the only difference is that the quest can justify its price by having Rob Watts writing the code and the years spent to develop that. I am not sure how this price can be justified for this product but I will wait to see the details.
Its Chord and its a product in the hifi realm. Price justification often doesn't exist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back