Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 8, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #12,541 of 18,782
I had to power down and then on Poly a few times to get to .41 firmware I'm in USA. Once updated clicked on firmware update tool. Lights started cycling for about 2 minutes. Then solid yellow. Powered everything completely down. 2.00 is live and working well.

Apr 8, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #12,542 of 18,782
No it will restart from scratch to make sure the download file isn't corrupted. We can see all the attempts and at the moment there is a lot of traffic going through the server with all the requests for V1.0.41 and then V2.0 firmware. All I can suggest at the moment is to keep trying.

Hi Matt, Is it better to just leave it flashing, or to restart it if it doesn't complete in a reasonable time?

Apr 8, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #12,543 of 18,782
Have you tried turning Poly completely off and back on again and then checking back in Gofigure to see whether you are now on V1.0.41 firmware?

Yes that's worked. I'd assumed that it would just show up when I reconnected with GoFigure and as one expect I was reluctant to switch it off in case it was in the middle of flashing f/w and I broke the update and Poly by interrupting the process.

Now just need to figure out why the update process to 2.0.0 is failing due to the mistaken belief that it's not connected to the internet...

EDIT: Another power cycle seems have to kicked off the update to 2.0.0

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #12,544 of 18,782
Hi Matt, Is it better to just leave it flashing, or to restart it if it doesn't complete in a reasonable time?

Yes try restarting if it hasn't completed in a reasonable amount of time. It looks like the servers are getting soo many requests and timing out on some of downloads.

Apr 8, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #12,545 of 18,782
Yes that's worked. I'd assumed that it would just show up when I reconnected with GoFigure and as one expect I was reluctant to switch it off in case it was in the middle of flashing f/w and I broke the update and Poly by interrupting the process.

Now just need to figure out why the update process to 2.0.0 is failing due to the mistaken belief that it's not connected to the internet...

EDIT: Another power cycle seems have to kicked off the update to 2.0.0
That's as far as I got. Do report back if you complete the update!

Apr 8, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #12,549 of 18,782
Yes try restarting if it hasn't completed in a reasonable amount of time. It looks like the servers are getting soo many requests and timing out on some of downloads.
I realise that owners are very keen to update, but maybe anyone experiencing problems tonight, should wait 24 hours, and try again tomorrow when the servers are a bit quieter.

Apr 8, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #12,550 of 18,782
Poly will work with Google Cast which is basically the Android equivalent of Apple's Airplay system.
This means you can just 'cast' your music from any app that supports Google Cast to Poly.
So for Tidal you just press the cast button, select Poly and then your Tidal music will play via Poly to Mojo. ...

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #12,551 of 18,782
two things i am looking forward to testing after i leave work today:

1. does Poly work flawlessly on the subway, i.e., without the stuttering/speeding up glitch that has plagued a lot of users

2. does Poly work on my home network in Roon mode. usually after a couple of minutes of playing, Roon loses connection to Poly and it no longer appears as a device. after ~30 seconds, it shows up again.

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #12,555 of 18,782
Thanks. It’s my wife’s iPhone. She hadn’t updated iOS nor her apps!

Now after hitting update, it goes out and we wait...

Wait with poly left turned on?

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/
Step 3

Open the Gofigure App. Go to Settings> General Settings and check the Poly version is now 1.0.41. Next, go back to Settings> Device Settings, you should now have the option to update the firmware. Tap update firmware.

Step 4

Poly’s ‘P status’ light will cycle through a range of colours, showing the update has commenced.

Step 5

Leave Poly until the colour cycle has stopped, this can take up to 30 minutes. Poly’s ‘P status’ light will then show solid colour.

Step 6

Switch Poly off. Re-insert any removed Micro SD card. Switch Poly on. Poly is now ready to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back