Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 7, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #8,386 of 18,979
No that’s not it, please all of you try to understand Poly has had learn how to fit into the world WiFi ecology. Simply put there are tens of thousands of router types and systems plus ever changing updates from Apple and others that we’ve had to accommodate and great feed back from some of you. we launched Poly as a working product that we new we’d have to update to make it work well for all. We knew we’d get feed back both helpful and totally useless. Poly had to evolve, it required your input to allow that. The reason that we are the only company has made a similar product is that, despite what the unpleasant detractors may say, is that anyone would have to go through a similar software fettling process that we have. Even if they were a huge company and able to sample five thousand people and get sufficient feed back then apply the necessary software writers is a massive amount of work that has taken great commitment. The bulk of the work is done as our commitment to this great product is absolute and new features will continue to be announced over the coming months. Those who don’t even have a product and continue to deride what we have achieved are of little consequence in the scheme of things. Gofigure will go live in the Apple store at 21:00 hours on Sunday GMT Greewhich mean time U.K. as I said I don’t Bluff and I don’t stick my head in the sand either.
Thanks for that John, was a bit of guess work on my part, was aware that the WiFi problems had been mentioned before.
Great news on the app.

Apr 7, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #8,387 of 18,979
No that’s not it, please all of you try to understand Poly has had learn how to fit into the world WiFi ecology. Simply put there are tens of thousands of router types and systems plus ever changing updates from Apple and others that we’ve had to accommodate and great feed back from some of you. we launched Poly as a working product that we new we’d have to update to make it work well for all. We knew we’d get feed back both helpful and totally useless. Poly had to evolve, it required your input to allow that. The reason that we are the only company has made a similar product is that, despite what the unpleasant detractors may say, is that anyone would have to go through a similar software fettling process that we have. Even if they were a huge company and able to sample five thousand people and get sufficient feed back then apply the necessary software writers is a massive amount of work that has taken great commitment. The bulk of the work is done as our commitment to this great product is absolute and new features will continue to be announced over the coming months. Those who don’t even have a product and continue to deride what we have achieved are of little consequence in the scheme of things. Gofigure will go live in the Apple store at 21:00 hours on Sunday GMT Greewhich mean time U.K. as I said I don’t Bluff and I don’t stick my head in the sand either.

Thanks for the head's up. That's great news. Hopefully it will brick wall filter some of the background noise around here too. I'll bet a lot of people will have their fingers ready to download the app precisely at 21:00.

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #8,388 of 18,979
I hope I don't have to rush out and buy a new iPad running OS11.x.

Holding breath commences....now!

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #8,389 of 18,979
....... Gofigure will go live in the Apple store at 21:00 hours on Sunday GMT Greewhich mean time U.K. as I said I don’t Bluff and I don’t stick my head in the sand either.

I hope you mean the Sunday 8th April 2018, not a random Sunday in 2019. (just kidding)

I really like my little Mojo+Poly. It is a great device and it drive my IEMs to produce wonderful sound.

I would like to describe the Mojo+Poly as a super car, a very fast one. It has amazing top speed and luxury interior. However, it didn't come with the steering wheel and the throttle pedal. The manufacturer told me that both the steering wheel and pedal will available in "coming two weeks time", and I can still control my car using a Nintendo N64 console controller during this waiting period. So I have to use a 15 years old game controller to drive my brand new super car on lovely countryside roads for six months.

I really want a proper super car. I need my steering wheel.
Please Chord, don't let us disappointed this time. Thank You.

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #8,390 of 18,979
I wonder/hope those who derided John yesterday will apologise to him either privately or publically.

What happened on Friday was totally uncool and went beyond the usual “next week again” rant posts.

Glad to hear Gofigure will be released tomorrow John.

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #8,391 of 18,979
I hope you mean the Sunday 8th April 2018, not a random Sunday in 2019. ...

Good catch actually. You never know with these guys.

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #8,392 of 18,979
Thanks for the update John, much appreciated. Good luck with the launch.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #8,393 of 18,979
Well goodness me. I stopped reading this thread on a regular basis a while back as it was exposing rather more of the ugly side of HeadFi's more entitled users than I prefer to be made aware of, and the little nuggets of actual information were few and far between. Then I pop back in today to check for news on the app and read back the last 3 or 4 pages.... Wow. I despair.

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #8,394 of 18,979
Oh wow. Things certainly took a tangent.

I would hope that my rants are not considered disrespectful or offensive to anyone at Chord.

As an IT consultant who works hand in hand with hw and sw developers for a variety of infrastructure appliances, i do understand how challenging software development can be, and how difficult it is to meet software release date deadlines. Just as challenging as getting hw from design through molds, smt lines, tape out, testing, and certifications. Sometimes sw is even more challenging because a simple bug could turn out to he difficult to debug and some features become must add features prior to launch. A 6 month delay can happen very easily. That doesn’t take away from the frustrations that users have, but i can understand how tiresome it can be to have to read such comments so often on forums.

I imagine that this may change how Chord releases products in the future. It might not, but there does seem to be advantages in planning out announcements a little differently.

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #8,395 of 18,979
I can report a bug.

Not sure if it’s just mine. After updating yesterday, it appears as though whenever i plug in a microusb charger, the poly automatically turns on now. Even if i had previously turned off the mojo and poly and the poly was off.

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #8,396 of 18,979
How many CEO’s do you all know who posts on forums ?

Mine does. We make stupidly accurate racing sims (that you can play on PS4, but some racing drivers actually use for training on proper racing rigs. Like the one I've got in my home office. WHICH I LEGIT NEED FOR WORK, oh yes).

Around the release of our last game, he joined a livestream, and chatted for hours with the guy running it. High point was when he played/sang a drunken rendition of Hotel California on his guitar.

Suffice to say that my 'CEOs get involved' bar is set very very high.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #8,397 of 18,979
Meanwhile I'm like...
20180407_135902.jpg

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back