Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 8, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #12,526 of 18,752
One thing is noticeable, and that is, it's quicker to respond and more reliable.

Had I been doing what I'm doing with the new software, on old poly and gofigure, there would of been problems, connection problems and little niggles etc, but it seems to go from closing an app to reconnecting and playing from sd card, qobuz or tidal very quickly.

So far so good.

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #12,527 of 18,752
At the moment Tidal only allow you to listen to Master (MQA) content through their own app locally. However you can stream Tidal Masters (including MQA) via Roon to Poly.
We live in hope that with the increase of other streaming services like Qobuz that Tidal may change their minds and allow streaming of Master content through other methods.
There is no reason why Poly couldn't support Master playback when it becomes available.

UAPP has had an MQA plugin for a few months now. I can confirm it streams and unfolds MQA from Tidal perfectly. No offline mode though.

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #12,528 of 18,752
According to my router, my Poly pulled 190MB from your server then stalled. It is still just cycling through colors now.
Apparently mine pulled 99MB earlier this afternoon then like yours, has stalled with cycling LEDs.
Unfortunately this shows again how inherently risky and fraught with peril this arms-length method of updating is, unless there are some pretty robust fail-safe systems in place.
I would please ask again for a simple file download that could be placed on the root of an SD card, that would update the unit on boot-up.

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #12,529 of 18,752
Running Poly on the new version now. The only big issue I have had with Poly (as I have posted about here several times earlier) was that Poly disappeared from my home network seconds/minutes after boot up. If I quit the BubbleUPnP app after using Poly and then restarted it Poly would be totally gone, only to reappear after a restart of PolyMojo.
I´m happy to report that for a few hours now after the update Poly has consistently appeared in BubbleUPnP every single time I have opened the app. Also after being on for a long time. Both as a library and a renderer. Keeping fingers crossed it will last. Well done Matt and team!

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #12,531 of 18,752
Apparently mine pulled 99MB earlier this afternoon then like yours, has stalled with cycling LEDs.
Unfortunately this shows again how inherently risky and fraught with peril this arms-length method of updating is, unless there are some pretty robust fail-safe systems in place.
I would please ask again for a simple file download that could be placed on the root of an SD card, that would update the unit on boot-up.

Thanks for this info. I'm working on it.
Over the air updates are normal practice now and nearly everything uses this method of updating firmware - even my washing machine comes with an app to update it via the internet now!
Updating via the SD card will not be possible. It opens up security issues where Poly could then be rooted/hacked via code on an SD card and we can't risk that. I'm sure as customers you wouldn't want some harmful code inadvertently put on your SD card that could then use Poly as an open port into your WiFi network. Keeping the firmware update over the air allows us to fully encrypt the file to and from Poly ensuring the highest level of security. I understand that in your case it's a pain and something isn't working but we will find out why and solve the problem.

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #12,533 of 18,752
Thanks for this info. I'm working on it.
Over the air updates are normal practice now and nearly everything uses this method of updating firmware - even my washing machine comes with an app to update it via the internet now!
Updating via the SD card will not be possible. It opens up security issues where Poly could then be rooted/hacked via code on an SD card and we can't risk that. I'm sure as customers you wouldn't want some harmful code inadvertently put on your SD card that could then use Poly as an open port into your WiFi network. Keeping the firmware update over the air allows us to fully encrypt the file to and from Poly ensuring the highest level of security. I understand that in your case it's a pain and something isn't working but we will find out why and solve the problem.
Thanks for that Matt - I do understand the need to balance security, just feeling a little frustrated right now. Please do keep us updated :wink:

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #12,534 of 18,752
Right, now it's working, who wants to buy my Poly ?

:imp: :smile:

Only joking, I'm keeping it. :metal::money_mouth::v:

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #12,536 of 18,752
Anyway to "encourage" the update to .41? Had my Poly powered on and connected to WiFi for over an hour and it won't budge from .26. I know patience is a virtue and all that but...

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #12,537 of 18,752
UAPP has had an MQA plugin for a few months now. I can confirm it streams and unfolds MQA from Tidal perfectly. No offline mode though.

No decent solution for iOS yet afaik

Apr 8, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #12,538 of 18,752
Anyway to "encourage" the update to .41? Had my Poly powered on and connected to WiFi for over an hour and it won't budge from .26. I know patience is a virtue and all that but...

Have you tried turning Poly completely off and back on again and then checking back in Gofigure to see whether you are now on V1.0.41 firmware?

Apr 8, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #12,539 of 18,752
@Matt Bartlett does that mean that his update has continued from where it left off, or has it started again from scratch?
Will your server be able to identify/distinguish between these two cases?

No it will restart from scratch to make sure the download file isn't corrupted. We can see all the attempts and at the moment there is a lot of traffic going through the server with all the requests for V1.0.41 and then V2.0 firmware. All I can suggest at the moment is to keep trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back