Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 25, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #16,681 of 42,773
Anyone try to buy the Chord Mojo case from dignisdesign.com?  It's a terrible website that seems to forget whether I signed in or not.  Also, with shipping, the cheapest case is about $92 for the USA.

Is there another place to get it?  I don't mind the cost but the website doesn't make me feel confident about their technical skills or privacy protections.  If there is no other place to get it, I might just wait for the official case.

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #16,682 of 42,773

It's a terrible website that seems to forget whether I signed in or not.  Also, with shipping, the cheapest case is about $92 for the USA.

Is there another place to get it?  I don't mind the cost but the website doesn't make me feel confident about their technical skills or privacy protections.

trust your gut... its not worth the hassle, is it?

Apr 25, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #16,683 of 42,773
  Anyone try to buy the Chord Mojo case from dignisdesign.com?  It's a terrible website that seems to forget whether I signed in or not.  Also, with shipping, the cheapest case is about $92 for the USA.

Is there another place to get it?  I don't mind the cost but the website doesn't make me feel confident about their technical skills or privacy protections.  If there is no other place to get it, I might just wait for the official case.

I ordered two of them the end of last week. Shipped the next day. Just use PayPal and you should not have any privacy problems. I have bought many cases through ebay from them without any problem.

Shipping on the two cases was the same cost as for one case. Ordered them on the 22nd, shipped on the 23rd, arrived at the Chicago ISC Facility on the 24th and is currently processing through Customs. My experience is that it takes about a week to get through Customs and then a couple of days to get to me.

Apr 25, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #16,684 of 42,773
Is customs going to charge you an additional fee?

Apr 25, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #16,686 of 42,773

I won't recommend having a case on mojo. The only way mojo dissipates heat is through its aluminum case. Why on Earth you want to cover that? Unlike other portable DACs, mojo tends to get warm.

Apr 25, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #16,688 of 42,773
  I won't recommend having a case on mojo. The only way mojo dissipates heat is through its aluminum case. Why on Earth you want to cover that? Unlike other portable DACs, mojo tends to get warm.

For travel.  

I find that it only heats up significantly while playing/charging at the same time.  

Other than that, I would like it protected.  

Apr 25, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #16,689 of 42,773
For travel.  

I find that it only heats up significantly while playing/charging at the same time.  

Other than that, I would like it protected.  
you use it while putting the mojo in your pocket ?

Apr 25, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #16,690 of 42,773
you use it while putting the mojo in your pocket ?

yes, and don't find it to heat up to any level of concern.  It is warmest when I play/charge as desktop.  

I also bring it wherever I go, and even if in a waiting room, I place it on my lap with the iPhone.   I'd like a good solid case, though I am not sure how necessary it is as it is built like a tank.  I don't find the slight heating to be of concern.  

Apr 25, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #16,691 of 42,773
yes, and don't find it to heat up to any level of concern.  It is warmest when I play/charge as desktop.  

I also bring it wherever I go, and even if in a waiting room, I place it on my lap with the iPhone.   I'd like a good solid case, though I am not sure how necessary it is as it is built like a tank.  I don't find the slight heating to be of concern.  
Yeah on my lap or hand it doesnt get hot.

Apr 25, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #16,692 of 42,773

better to write an email to them, will give you the direct price and some solution for customs 
wink_face.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #16,695 of 42,773
I have been using dignis case for a month now, no issues. So this concern about heat dissipation are bullocks! I had few (2 or 3) instances before using a case where my Mojo automatically shut down due to perhaps high temperature, this never happened since using the leather case. Not that the case helped, but it certainly did not make unit 'malfunction' as few posters alluded to many pages back.

This is real life usage report. To those who think otherwise, have you tried leather case that made the Mojo not function properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back