Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 21, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #20,311 of 42,782

deux d'entre eux
L3000.gif

merci 
regular_smile .gif

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #20,312 of 42,782
Sorry about being obtuse but we are still at least four months from showing working samples to the press so it's too early to show our hand at this stage, but as I've implied before I hope and think all of you will like what we've been beavering away at.

Thanks for answering in as much detail as is commercially sensitive. I think there are many posters on this forum alone, interested to get their hands on one of these modules.

Four months+ starts to position the SD module into my christmas present list for myself. 
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #20,316 of 42,782
I think the module should include a switch to set it to 'stun'   (it may stun, even without the switch, but the Trekkie nerds will know what I mean
happy_face1.gif
)

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #20,317 of 42,782

Gb, miketlseUnless you only want 2Gb of storage space :p

Mojo has made me explore so much new music, that I have filled my phones SD card, so I have to delete albums before I can add any new ones.

So either a DAP or the SD card add-on module will be very welcome. 
I would prefer not to buy a DAP, and put the money towards the add-on module instead.

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #20,318 of 42,782

I had a Meridian Explorer before I bought the Mojo. I had some ideas of music which displays the Mojo's superiority and why.

Abba: Gold, sounded cheap clinical and very digital on the ME but much smoother on the Mojo.
Lake Street Dive on the Explorer (on some tracks) sounded jumbled, confused and difficult to unpick. The Mojo sets LSD out perfectly and improves listening to the band by a clear factor.
Def Leppard: Best Of, or Vault album. Sounds good on the Explorer, but the cymbals could sometimes be crashy. On the mojo they are cleared up a degree and mean more in the music.
Similar tidying up effect in Rush albums.

I was really surprised by these results because I like the ME sound signature. There are some moments where the Explorer was ahead. it had a thicker slightly warmer sound. Buzzy noises are more buzzy with the Explorer. One of my absolute favourite CDs, Chants and Dances of the Native Americans, sound excellent on the Explorer using bitperfect. It still sounds better on the Mojo however the instrument placement is thick and solid on the Explorer. You can see how the instruments are set at angles to one another in the mix. Whereas the Mojo clears up details and instrument placement is like the soundstage is much taller.

-----

The Mojo never ceases to amaze me. Like I just put on Norah Jones - Nightingale. What a presentation.

Generally across all music I found the Explorer has all the same instrument parts. Yet I didn't hear them because I wasn't focused on them. It's like some instruments at the side were invisible to my focus, but still there clearly. Like I was focused on the centre of the image, (using desktop speakers). Whereas the Mojo shows me what was in the music that I was somehow ignoring on the Explorer.   

Agreed! I haven't listened to her till I read your post! Cracking voice. Mojo makes it awesome :)

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #20,319 of 42,782
The Mojo never ceases to amaze me. Like I just put on Norah Jones - Nightingale. What a presentation.

"Don't Know Why" (uncompressed PCM ripped at 16bit44KHz) is in my "tool box" for A/B testing
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #20,321 of 42,782

Norah jones - Cold, Cold Heart is another good test of how a system handles bass, vocals, piano and treble together in one song.

Now listening to Katie Melua - Call of the Search.

Albums queued and ready! Then after that, Bat Out of Hell! OO yeah. :wink:

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #20,322 of 42,782
hi friends, i need your support to clarify this:

previously i use my mojo with ipad pro 9.7 (i use onkyo app )and last night i try to use it with windows pc using jriver softwear.Also i insall mojo drivers and set to use those drivers using jriver settings.
in both cases even i fully disable eqaluzer settings, i found that the sound comes when connect to ipad pro is more and more quality and more musicale. And there was clear difference.
pls note that both cases i use same cables.
kindly let me know why is that? is there any special settings need to use at jriver when connect to mojo?
i hpoe your great support?

thx so much

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #20,323 of 42,782

tongue.gif
Louis, how are you today, Man?

Are you ready yet to take a punt on a Mojo and connect it to that nice, expensive block of Copper of yours?

I really like this gif. Can I borrow it for use in the future? 

I have tried Copper to Mojo quite a number of times, and with the Cayin C5 and Layla, it may just be the best in-ear experience I have ever had. The best of the best of the best.

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #20,324 of 42,782
I'm trying to figure out what is the highest bit rate / sample depth Mojo DAC supports -- out of this list. (So I can make that my PCs default -- for otimal WASAPI)

So, mojoheads, what is it? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back