Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 19, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #10,786 of 10,895
It's worth getting a quality 3.5 to RCA cable.
Yup. For me, interconnects are the most bang-for-buck audio component (yes, I think of them as a "component"). They're not as sexy as a new pair of headphones or a new amp, but they can really make an audible difference to your overall chain. And you really don't need to spend all that much. You can find excellent ones at steep discounts. If you buy used or open box, you can usually get them at half their retail price. I use an AudioQuest Sydney 3.5mm-to-RCA cable with my Mojo 2. I got it for $130 (regularly $250). That's as much as a midrange headphone cable, but with a much more significant and audible payoff to overall sound quality.

Last edited:
May 19, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #10,787 of 10,895
I'd better not allow myself to be tempted to approach a 1:1 ratio pricewise regarding DAC:Cable. (But who knows?) The adaptor I should have mentioned. But out of curiosity and because I use BigSur: where in your View is the upgrade - _apart_ from price - SQ, ease of use, peace of mind? Seriously. In this case, please do not refer to the website :wink:
I made the upgrade a while ago, at the moment after I upgraded speaker/amp and started working on cables. I was looking at Yosemite for its 3.5 mm connector and FEP insulation. Mojo2 has 2 3.5 mm ports so that A/B is very easy. Yosemite wins easily in almost every aspect - clarity, resolution, soundstage, you name it.
I got the Yosemite from 2nd hand market, so it's almost the same cost as a new BigSur.

In terms of price ratio, sometimes I feel I might be out of mind. I have a Topping P50 LPS, powered by a Shunyata Venom V12 NR. Even it's 2nd hand the price doubles the price of P50. And I have an AQ Coffee USB cable as P50's output.

May 19, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #10,788 of 10,895
The AQ adapter is okay, but works poorly with stiff cables (like most of the upper tier AQ stuff). Even Nordost cables are clunky with this adapter. Nice idea, not great with such a small device like Mojo2.

It's worth getting a quality 3.5 to RCA cable.
Yes Mojo2 is not designed as a desktop DAC. I have to add some weight on top of it to get stable connections.

May 19, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #10,790 of 10,895
hi all
I’m returning to Mojo2/Poly after an absence of a year. The plan is to use Focsl Radiance in bed, but the warmer weather requires an IEM. Anyone here have experience with both the IE600 and IE900? I’m interested to know if a) the 900 carries more texture in the bass and detail in general and b) the Mojo2 EQ can, if I feel like it, get the 900 to sound more like the FR of the 600?

I’m not interested in any other IEMs.

Harmon curve isn’t important to me - I like things that do and don’t comply.

I listen to a wide range of music.

Cheers!

May 19, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #10,791 of 10,895
Yes Mojo2 is not designed as a desktop DAC. I have to add some weight on top of it to get stable connections.
Totally disagree. There are plenty of smaller desktop DACs (by Schiit, Topping, and many others) that will do a "wheelie" when interconnects are connected to them. Doesn't mean they were "not designed" as desktop DACs. While I've experienced this with those other DACs, I've never had this problem with the Mojo 2. And I've got it connected to optical, power, and USB all at once. You must have some seriously heavy cables because it's a stout and sturdy little brick. And it works fantastically as my desktop DAC.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 12:31 AM Post #10,792 of 10,895
Totally disagree. There are plenty of smaller desktop DACs (by Schiit, Topping, and many others) that will do a "wheelie" when interconnects are connected to them. Doesn't mean they were "not designed" as desktop DACs. While I've experienced this with those other DACs, I've never had this problem with the Mojo 2. And I've got it connected to optical, power, and USB all at once. You must have some seriously heavy cables because it's a stout and sturdy little brick. And it works fantastically as my desktop DAC.
Blu Tack works wonders in these situations.!!!!

May 20, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #10,793 of 10,895
but I confess: asking sometimes is faster than finding.
I think it's hilarious when people quote the answer to a question someone asked that is new to the thread/site/product, in a topic that's triple digits long.and to the people who quote the specific page of the discussion, hat off to you. Instead of ' this has been asked many times'. Also when I use the search function, all I ever seem to get is the classifieds for the specific item in question

May 20, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #10,794 of 10,895
hi all
I’m returning to Mojo2/Poly after an absence of a year. The plan is to use Focsl Radiance in bed, but the warmer weather requires an IEM. Anyone here have experience with both the IE600 and IE900? I’m interested to know if a) the 900 carries more texture in the bass and detail in general and b) the Mojo2 EQ can, if I feel like it, get the 900 to sound more like the FR of the 600?

I’m not interested in any other IEMs.

Harmon curve isn’t important to me - I like things that do and don’t comply.

I listen to a wide range of music.

Cheers!
IE 900 is more analytical/detailed, most will say it has a richer sound. IE 600 to me is more engaging/fun for half the price.

Might be good to try and test both beforehand.

May 20, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #10,795 of 10,895
Crossfeed level 1, can’t do without it. 😂
Indeed, although I xfeed through Roon. Don't understand how anyone can listen to cans without :relaxed:

May 20, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #10,796 of 10,895

Except that it is designed to be a desktop DAC. Maybe not the best profile DAC for high dollar 2 channel systems where thick, unwieldy cables are more popular.

You have plenty of cable manufacturer choices that unlock Mojo2 full potential without having to weigh it down. I'm using a blue dragon 3.5 to 3.5 into the Woo WA8 and am partial to the AQ cinnamon for 3.5 to RCA.

May 20, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #10,798 of 10,895
at the end i have take golden gate audioquest, it is in burn in...
The cable should be resistant to burning, for a short time, copper melting point is around 1000 degree C, but the sleeve will melt.

May 20, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #10,800 of 10,895

Users who are viewing this thread

Back