CIA VHP-2?
Jan 29, 2007 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dermott

100+ Head-Fier
All of the posts for the Channel Islands Headphone Amp are for the VHP-1. On their site now it is listed as the VHP-2. Is this fairly recent? Does anyone have any first hand experience with the V.2 amp?

Jan 29, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by dermott /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All of the posts for the Channel Islands Headphone Amp are for the VHP-1. On their site now it is listed as the VHP-2. Is this fairly recent? Does anyone have any first hand experience with the V.2 amp?

It's still very new. Curious to see how big the upgrade is from from 1 to 2.. & the price.. I don't know why people sleep on CIaudio.. Some of the best bang for your buck you can get.. Yet.. Dusty gets no love on this site..

Jan 29, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 8
Wow! That took me by surprise.

I just sold my VHP-1, it was a GREAT amp! I'm really eager to hear people's impressions on the new model.

Jan 29, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! That took me by surprise.

I just sold my VHP-1, it was a GREAT amp! I'm really eager to hear people's impressions on the new model.

Me too.. VHP-1 was good.. But I sold mine to help cover the cost of my Bada12.. 350.00 for a upgrade is really stellar.. Hope it sells well..

Jan 29, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could be that "follow the leader" thing.

The price has stuck to $349 btw.

Yeah.. Guess I didn't go over board enough to get the FOTM hype..
eggosmile.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #7 of 8
Channel Island maintains a manufacturer's presence in a dedicated forum over at audiocircle.com. There is a thread on the VHP-2 which starts out with this from Dusty on 14 December:

"Just wanted to announce a new version of our highly acclaimed headphone amplifier. The new VHP•2 uses the same basic circuit as the original VHP•1, but with a few upgraded components, an improved layout, new Alps Blue Velvet potentiometer, gold-plated circuit board, and assembled with lead-free silver solder. Appearance is almost identical (but with a few improvements). For a short time, the price will remain the same ($349). We plan to start shipping by January 1st."
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/i...?topic=34590.0

The new model actually started shipping the end of the first week in January. No further word on when and how much the price increase will be.

Jan 30, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #8 of 8
We are hoping that CIAudio will attend the Int'l Meet this year, and Dusty is considering it. It would surely be a good thing for launching a new headamp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back