Cnet UK posts Denon D7000 hands-on report
Sep 5, 2008 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

JazzHands

New Head-Fier
Cnet's UK site has got a pair of D7000s and has posted an initial hands-on report with photos and comparisons. Overally: extremely positive.

denon_ah-d7000_ears-on_1.jpg

So far we've been able to give the D7000s about 50 hours of burn-in, so their voice could still change ever so slightly. But over the D5000s they have a slightly tighter upper bass, and an even cleaner, brighter, more transparent high-end.
And interestingly:
We'll have our full review very soon, and we're very excited to have a Woo Audio 2 headphone amp on the way from the US, for those of you curious to hear about the synergy between these two models.
Loads of close-ups and comparison photos as well.

Link: Photos: Exclusive ears-on with Denon AH-D7000 headphones - Crave at CNET.co.uk

Sep 5, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 50
I use a Woo 2 with W5000s and GS1000s. Not a problem. The Woo has plenty of grunt to drive these.

cheers
Simon

Sep 5, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #7 of 50
They will need beefy amp. D2000/5000/7000 maximum power input is whopping 1800 mW . For headphones this is mighty impressive. Due to high sensitivity it can be used with sound cards or portable gear, but to get the cans to the full potential amp, which can provide a lot of current is needed.

Sep 5, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #9 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
majkel, this guy is a troll, don't pay attention. Same **** in all threads.

Yep, I wonder how is he still allowed to post the same sort of comments accross the forum. When one doesn't know a damn about the discussed matter, it's better to stay silent.

Sep 5, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #10 of 50
They are 25 Ohm rite? ...any Amp will simply be an Overkill.

Because today only i tried to use a 25 Ohm HP with an Amp.

the sound was deteorited totally.

i could be wrong but thats what i feel ..unless they were atleast 32 ohm.

Sep 5, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #11 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, I wonder how is he still allowed to post the same sort of comments accross the forum. When one doesn't know a damn about the discussed matter, it's better to stay silent.

"Tis better to remain silent and be thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

My apologies to the head-fi'er whose signature I stole this from a while back, I cannot remember to whom I should be giving proper credit...but did feel it was fitting.

Now, for the more important matters....I'm more than curious
L3000.gif
what the street price of these will be in about 6 months or so(?).

Sep 5, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #12 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are 25 Ohm rite? ...any Amp will simply be an Overkill.

Because today only i tried to use a 25 Ohm HP with an Amp.

the sound was deteorited totally.

i could be wrong but thats what i feel ..unless they were atleast 32 ohm.

Why? Don't you know already, despite your belonging to Head-fi for several months, that the lower the impedance the more current the driver asks from the amp?
You're very wrong if still think that low impedance is equal to high sensitivity. The Denon cans are a bad case of lowish sensitivity plus low impedance, which is very demanding on the amp. Of course they sound from a DAP or crappy computer output, and pretty loud for that matter, but SQ is so inferior than when properly fed by a decent amp...

Rgrds

Sep 5, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #14 of 50
shame about the ultra gloss on the wood. They definitely don't look as nice as the D5000. I am guessing that the sound will be of a similar level when reviewed by people in the know, but slightly different.

Sep 5, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #15 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by user123456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I obviously know more than you about audio/video/science.

practice outweighs theory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back