Cnet UK posts Denon D7000 hands-on report
Sep 5, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #31 of 50
Wow well I never understood the ohms thing but back to the D7000!

They look a lot better in that pic than previous ones!

I hope they are an improvement over the d5000!

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #32 of 50
Is there anything definitive for a US release date?

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #33 of 50
Is this topic of ohms, like the knowledge of mankind?

Many ideas but no body really knows!

Sep 5, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #34 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by user123456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're just talking lots of ******** over and over again. Quite frankly your whole post was just copied from the Wikipedia link and and you're an idiot.

The bigger the impedance the more power you need unless the sensitivity is very high then you don't, you don't even need an amp for an headphone to begin with, period.

I haven't insulted you, in fact I've been dealing with your disrespect quite politely, so I expect you apologize for those words.
On the other hand I don't need to look at Wikipedia to get knowledge, and I wouldn't use it for copy&paste. Fortunately I received a much better education than you, and not only for the amount of knowledge it provided me.
Rgrds

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #39 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
user123456, i'm still waiting you to answer my questions from post #28.

You maybe waiting a while. he does not appear to be with us any longer. I was looking forward to more erudite conversation and endless wit.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Simon

Sep 6, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
vvs_75, thanks for info, but a lot of people doubting. They're waiting for official head-fi approval first
smily_headphones1.gif

His listing runs for 29 days, so you can buy them after they officially out. And there will be others and may be even cheaper who knows.
Cheers!

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #43 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are 25 Ohm rite? ...any Amp will simply be an Overkill.

Because today only i tried to use a 25 Ohm HP with an Amp.

the sound was deteorited totally.

i could be wrong but thats what i feel ..unless they were atleast 32 ohm.

This post, plus the others you've made in this thread is just too much.

You've had this explained to you, in detail, in multiple threads, as well as being admonished about failing to bother even trying to understand in others.

Every time someone takes the time to educate you, you say that the info is great, and then promptly, and I think, must deliberately, fail to actually bother to take it in.

I will not be surprised to see you posting the same rubbish and being corrected on it again sometime soon.

Sep 6, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you even read it? The second one clearly stated power dissapated:

P=V^2/R

So if you lower the resistance for a given voltage you actually dissapate more energy with a lower resistance. That said the impedance still is not the whole story because if it delivers a lower level of dB/mW to work it may even require more voltage.

For example if your phone is has half the impedance of another and has half the sensitivity then you end up with exactly the same volume as before and actually the amp (soundcard, whatever) is putting out 2x the power to sustain this.

The math:
Power=V^2/(R/2)=2*V^2/R = 2*the original phones with resistance R)
Sound Output= (sensitivity/2)*power=.5*sensitivity*2*V^2/R
= sensitivity*V^2/R = Same sound output as original phones

I am afraid that your blanket statement is plain wrong.

Nice piece of engineering!!!!. Refreshing actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back