Colorfly C4 HI-Fi Player
Apr 6, 2011 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Hey Guys,

We got some Colorfly FLAC players in the store recently. They are a pretty cool alternative to a ipod. Please check them out, they are 32 GIG versions and come with a Micro SD slot to add more memory. We have them in stock and ready to ship!

ALO audi, ColorFly C4 Player see HERE

​

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 10, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 26
Handled this today at your guy's shop. I wanted it so bad, It looks godlike I'm a huge sucker for steam punk. The battery was not charged which game me a sad face but I was to enthralled in the RS-2's to care. I would really like to listen to this in the future, not to mentions it was built like a lead brick and would dent the floor if you dropped it.

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 26

Quote:
Handled this today at your guy's shop. I wanted it so bad, It looks godlike I'm a huge sucker for steam punk. The battery was not charged which game me a sad face but I was to enthralled in the RS-2's to care. I would really like to listen to this in the future, not to mentions it was built like a lead brick and would dent the floor if you dropped it.

WhiteCrow,

Please come back and give it a listen, we just got them. I was able to load some FLAC 24/96 stuff up on it and they are sweet.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 10, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #4 of 26
Wooo!! I'm coming intoday to pick up either the sr325is or the RS-2 so I will give her a go!

Apr 10, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #5 of 26
CRAPPP!!!! didnt listen to it, but I got the RS-2 from you guys!!!!

May 10, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #6 of 26
Hi. Just read your post re Colorfly. How can you say 'crap' and don't listen to it? Are you deaf? Have you ever used one? Are you even fit to comment? Finish school, grow up and don't be such a fool. I say this because I do have a Colorfly and an iPod and a QLS and an upgraded Ligato Link CD Player and a friend in the Audio design and review business. The Colorfly is a superb player, the best I've heard all round and in a class of it's own, especially when used with my Ultrasone Edition 10's and the Beyerdynamic Teslars. I'm not a lover of IEM's but have several sets to play with, all expensive and respected.
Bear in mind - if you want to hear good music forget about mp3's. Try FLAC or WAV 24Bit/96Khz at the least.
Happy listening????

May 10, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #7 of 26
Dude, I think you misunderstood his post:  his exclamation of 'crappp..' was that he didn't get a chance to listen to the Colorfly not that it was a piece of crap...

LOL...

CJ
:)

Quote:
Hi. Just read your post re Colorfly. How can you say 'crap' and don't listen to it? Are you deaf? Have you ever used one? Are you even fit to comment? Finish school, grow up and don't be such a fool. I say this because I do have a Colorfly and an iPod and a QLS and an upgraded Ligato Link CD Player and a friend in the Audio design and review business. The Colorfly is a superb player, the best I've heard all round and in a class of it's own, especially when used with my Ultrasone Edition 10's and the Beyerdynamic Teslars. I'm not a lover of IEM's but have several sets to play with, all expensive and respected.
Bear in mind - if you want to hear good music forget about mp3's. Try FLAC or WAV 24Bit/96Khz at the least.
Happy listening????

May 10, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 26
yea I meant it as CRAP i didn't listen to it..in fact that's what I said, not that it was crap. It was Built like a Brick too so that's always a plus, I hope to be trying out a DAC soon and Will defiantly try it when I'm there.

May 12, 2011 at 6:22 AM Post #9 of 26
My most sincere apologies! I misread or misunderstood your comment. Fact is I have been using the Colorfly for some time now and I get angry at some of the ill informed and bitchy posts from folk who have never used one, seen one or not given it a fair chance. I sometimes think that rather than use words like 'better' we should use 'different'. All of my kit is either expensive off the shelf stuff or custom built/modded and it is all of a superb technical quality. This amp with these IEM's sounds great and so does that amp with those other IEM's but they all sound 'different'. Changing cables makes a big difference too. An example here - My Beyers sounded great out of the box, but to my horror a friend(?) grabbed them, took them into his 'workshop' and cut the leads off!! He replaced them with his own design and said 'now listen'. I was stunned by the vast improvement he'd made and instantly blessed him
smily_headphones1.gif
. He has modded all of my cans apart from the Monster Coppers and the Ultrasones, touch these over my dead body! 

Anyway, I stand by what I have said, the Colorfly is superb at playing music (function over form). It's also cheaper than the HIFi Man which doesn't even have internal memory and you also need the up-graded head amp to get the best out of it! It has taken me some months of use to fully appreciate the Colorfly and what it is capable of. For me the biggest issue is the quality of recorded music we get, crap in crap out! I rip CD's with EAC, convert to 24/96 using Wavepad and then play back using Colorfly/Teslar combo. This tells me everything about the quality of recording/mixing/mastering etc. And if I want to get real serious I always listen very late at night when ambient noise is at it's lowest level and my ears have 'settled down'. It's no good going to listen to something having spend all day in a noisy enviroment, getting off a noisy bus/car and going straight into review mode!
Last night I went to bed early (I am 62 by the way
frown.gif
) listened to some Eric Bibb using the Colorfly and my modded Klipsch X10's, great, full of detail and a brill recording. BUT, it didn't seem to suit my mood so I then fed the Colorfly into a Little Dot 1+ (again modded) and felt more relaxed with the 'warmer', less detailed sound. Who cares what bit of kit is 'better' if one is happy with the result? I can even, at times, be happy with my iPod as long as I play Wav files and the remote function is a blessing when chilling out!

I could go on and on here but once again I'm sorry for my initial comment and hope you continue to enjoy the music rather than get caught up in the technical stuff. Do try the Colorfly if you can though, it's worth every penny! A bargain even.

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #10 of 26
I know that it supports 24-bit Wav files up to 192KHZ. But does it also play 24-bit Flac up to 192KHZ.

The bulk of my collection is 24-bit Flac, many of which are 192KHZ, and while I know I can convert them all to WAV, I'd like to keep it simple and have one music source.

Also--and I apologize if this has been asked before--does it support gapless playback?

Thanks.

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #11 of 26
I just got the ColorFly c4 specs.

While it does support 24-bit/192 Wav. it doesn't go any higher than 16-bit for Flac.

I know that I could get just FooBar and another hard drive, and then convert all my Flac to Wav, but it's hard for me to justify spending $800 for a player that neglects what seems to be the de-facto standard format for hi-def digital sound..

Hopefully Colorfly will address this Flac limitation with a firmware upgrade in the near future.  

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #12 of 26

Quote:
My most sincere apologies! I misread or misunderstood your comment. Fact is I have been using the Colorfly for some time now and I get angry at some of the ill informed and bitchy posts from folk who have never used one, seen one or not given it a fair chance. I sometimes think that rather than use words like 'better' we should use 'different'. All of my kit is either expensive off the shelf stuff or custom built/modded and it is all of a superb technical quality. This amp with these IEM's sounds great and so does that amp with those other IEM's but they all sound 'different'. Changing cables makes a big difference too. An example here - My Beyers sounded great out of the box, but to my horror a friend(?) grabbed them, took them into his 'workshop' and cut the leads off!! He replaced them with his own design and said 'now listen'. I was stunned by the vast improvement he'd made and instantly blessed him
smily_headphones1.gif
. He has modded all of my cans apart from the Monster Coppers and the Ultrasones, touch these over my dead body! 

Anyway, I stand by what I have said, the Colorfly is superb at playing music (function over form). It's also cheaper than the HIFi Man which doesn't even have internal memory and you also need the up-graded head amp to get the best out of it! It has taken me some months of use to fully appreciate the Colorfly and what it is capable of. For me the biggest issue is the quality of recorded music we get, crap in crap out! I rip CD's with EAC, convert to 24/96 using Wavepad and then play back using Colorfly/Teslar combo. This tells me everything about the quality of recording/mixing/mastering etc. And if I want to get real serious I always listen very late at night when ambient noise is at it's lowest level and my ears have 'settled down'. It's no good going to listen to something having spend all day in a noisy enviroment, getting off a noisy bus/car and going straight into review mode!
Last night I went to bed early (I am 62 by the way
frown.gif
) listened to some Eric Bibb using the Colorfly and my modded Klipsch X10's, great, full of detail and a brill recording. BUT, it didn't seem to suit my mood so I then fed the Colorfly into a Little Dot 1+ (again modded) and felt more relaxed with the 'warmer', less detailed sound. Who cares what bit of kit is 'better' if one is happy with the result? I can even, at times, be happy with my iPod as long as I play Wav files and the remote function is a blessing when chilling out!

I could go on and on here but once again I'm sorry for my initial comment and hope you continue to enjoy the music rather than get caught up in the technical stuff. Do try the Colorfly if you can though, it's worth every penny! A bargain even.

very interesting post.

So anyway... is the C4 the best colorfly or something, and how much does it cost, and which one is fake, and not fake? and what internals does it have? i.e. which DAC etc.? what's the difference between C4 and CK4? does it smell like Calvin Klein? What do you mean Teslars? LARS? You have T1 AND T5p? In another thread you said you have 80 IEM's, EIGHTY? What is the cable mod you did to your Teslars? I don't understand... I have a "Teslar" and would like to know about the "Colorfly" thank you Señor ElCrazo...

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
very interesting post.

So anyway... is the C4 the best colorfly or something, and how much does it cost, and which one is fake, and not fake? and what internals does it have? i.e. which DAC etc.? what's the difference between C4 and CK4? does it smell like Calvin Klein? What do you mean Teslars? LARS? You have T1 AND T5p? In another thread you said you have 80 IEM's, EIGHTY? What is the cable mod you did to your Teslars? I don't understand... I have a "Teslar" and would like to know about the "Colorfly" thank you Señor ElCrazo...

That's a lot of questions...

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #15 of 26

Quote:
Was kinda hoping to get at least 1 answer, so I asked 20 questions, but yeah... this guy has 80 IEM's and two Teslars.

This may be able to answer some of your questions.

http://www.headfonia.com/colorfly-c4/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back