Continental Dual Mono Tube Rolling Thread
Aug 30, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #31 of 162
  mmm.....did you remove the double-sided tape? It gets in the way of tube-rolling. I know it is to hold the tubes  straight and level but it is such a bother.

I've left the tape in place each time. It's kind of a pain, but with a little patience you can take the tubes out and leave the tape in place to do it's job. Only once has the tape come with the tube versus staying on the board. Cheers 

Aug 31, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #32 of 162
  mmm.....did you remove the double-sided tape? It gets in the way of tube-rolling. I know it is to hold the tubes  straight and level but it is such a bother.

I didn't but it is annoying next roll session I think I will remove it the sticky pads.

Do the tubes stay in place without the sticky pad support ?

Aug 31, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #33 of 162
mmm.....yup. I took out the stupid double sided tape. Just align the tubes well before reassembly (it bothers me a lot when it is not). Unless you plan to dribble the CDM, the tubes stay in place.

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #36 of 162
Was just going to try the Sonotone 5719 but opened the package from ALOAudio and there were no PCB bases pre soldered

Did you guys have to buy PCB bases and solder yours ?
Is this correct ?
Looks like a shipping mistake ?

Thanks

Looks like a mistake. I have three sets and they've all been attached to the boards. Ken should take care of you, just drop him a note. Cheers

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #39 of 162
  mmm....looking at the unsoldered  sonotones gave me shivers........ARE YOU SURE that's not from The Matrix? You know, the tracker-in-the-bellybutton.........

I know what you mean

good thing the bigger valves weren't sent

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #40 of 162
mmmm........my love affair the with the CDM with the Sonotone single triodes continues (pleasant, organic, polite, smooth, balanced sound). It is perfect for all my iems. No heat issue at all  and battery life can keep up with my AK 240 (up to 8 hours or more).

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #41 of 162
mmmm........my love affair the with the CDM with the Sonotone single triodes continues (pleasant, organic, polite, smooth, balanced sound). It is perfect for all my iems. No heat issue at all  and battery life can keep up with my AK 240 (up to 8 hours or more).

Try the Mullards as well. They're great!

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #42 of 162
mmm.....yup. I prefer the Mullards with headphones, specially  Pandora's Hope VI, Audeze EL8 Open and Audio Zenith PMx2. Just checked the ALO store: mullards gone (lol! I shoulda' ordered 2 pairs). Anyone tried the other tubes aside from the Mullards and Sonotone? Impressions? TIA.

Sep 6, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #44 of 162
  Finally a free sunday. I'll be running the Mullards in my second CDM as soon as I find that thing to open it up

On the list:

* Motorola 6BF7
* Raytheon 6BF7
* Raytheon 6111
* GE 6021
* Sylvania 6021
* Sonotone 5719
* Sylvania 5718
* Sylvania 6021
* Mullard 6112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back