Custom Art FIBAE 4 announcement
Jan 31, 2019 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 338

piotrus-g

Member of the Trade: Custom Art, PMG Audio
Custom Art is proud to announce FIBAE 4

Untitled-1.jpg

FIBAE 4 comes as the most expected model from Custom Art - a natural continuation of the current lineup. Still, I think that we are able to bring something interesting and unexpected to the table with this new release.

Let's start with the beginning. The works on the new model started in late 2017. Since then the design evolved dramatically dozens of times. While I pretty much knew what I wanted to achieve in terms of sound, the road to accomplishing that turned out to be way tougher than I had anticipated. I started with an initial idea to have at least one Top Firing Balanced Armature Driver in the FIBAE 4’s design. After all different iterations and months of trials I arrived at four... which thus makes it the only such design in the world…

So, what are Top Firing Drivers? These are drivers that don't have spouts, but rather a sound outlet positioned at the top of a driver. Thanks to that arrangement the frequency response is changed compared to the standard BA driver, with the most noticeable difference in extension of high frequencies.

FIBAE 4 incorporates a single round full-range balanced armature driver that provides end-to-end response with natural sounding mid-range, a single woofer that provides deep and powerful low frequency response that builds up on the full range driver, as well as a single proprietary tweeter and a single proprietary super tweeter which produce one of the most natural-sounding and detailed high frequencies with response going beyond human hearing threshold. The unique construction of the drivers allow for one-of-a-kind soundstage and headroom presentation.

The main objective for the IEM’s sound was to merge characteristics of its smaller brothers, as a result the new model’s signature somewhat stands out in the current Custom Art’s line up. With powerful and deep bass, thick lush mids, and extremely detailed highs FIBAE 4’s stretched V-shaped response provides a concert-like feel. Even though this is quite mainstream sound signature which is going to appeal to broad audience looking for energetic sound, you will still be able to find Custom Art’s influence in the sound - namely lack of harshness despite bump in highs and significant level of details. In effect this allows for long listening sessions without fatigue. We tuned it for fun sound with warm signature and dash of wow-factor!

FIBAE 4 will be available in acrylic shell only both as custom and universal fit. Stock with Hi-Res Silver Plated Copper cable for improved crosstalk and lower impedance.

Specs:
  • Single Low, Single Full-range, Single proprietary High, Single proprietary Super High
  • Top Firing Balanced Armature Drivers
  • Flat Impedance technology
  • 115dB @1kHz @0.1V
  • 8.1 Ohm @1kHz (+-0.95 Ohm 10Hz-20kHz)
  • Low %THD
  • 10Hz-21000Hz (+-20dB into IEC 60318-4 coupler)
  • Custom and Universal fit

Pre-orders starts now at €600 (till 28th of Feb 2019)
MSRP: €725

Shop: http://thecustomart.com/shop/acrylic-products/fibae-4/
Product page: https://thecustomart.com/fibae-4/

DSC_7325.jpg

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 338
Hey look, front page already. Subbing for inevitable (and highly anticipated) comparisons to the rest of the FIBAE line. In particular... I thought that the ME was supposed to be the "fun" one with the deep bass (though, perhaps these are meant to incorporate more treble?).

Jan 31, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #8 of 338
How does this compare with the Fibae Black? The 4 is roughly $ 300 more-pre-order price.
Just curious ---I am intrigued by this new model. I am excited to receive the Black I have on order.

Chart comparison from your website--
https://thecustomart.com/compare/

Too many excellent products available! The technology and craftsmanship just keeps getting better and better----

Feb 1, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #9 of 338
Mmmmmmm these look gorgeous!

Feb 1, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #12 of 338
Yep, nice read on the top firing drivers, never heard of this before still pushing the enveloppe as usual!

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #13 of 338
Wow. Just wow.
Thanks!
Fantastic faceplate.
Thanks!
Hey look, front page already. Subbing for inevitable (and highly anticipated) comparisons to the rest of the FIBAE line. In particular... I thought that the ME was supposed to be the "fun" one with the deep bass (though, perhaps these are meant to incorporate more treble?).
Yes, ME is fun as well, but ME is not a part of standard line up. The two are comparable with ME having more focus on sub-bass, while F4 is warmer and denser without loosing clarity, the highs are more pronounced with F4 and definitely stage is far better too.
Congrats @piotrus-g on yet another launch of iem. Wishing to hear what this one sounds like compared to your other offerings as well as the offerings from competitors. Wish you all the best!!

Edit: My 1000th post coincides to wish my favorite iem manufacturer. :)
Thanks and congrats!

How does this compare with the Fibae Black? The 4 is roughly $ 300 more-pre-order price.
Just curious ---I am intrigued by this new model. I am excited to receive the Black I have on order.

Chart comparison from your website--
https://thecustomart.com/compare/

Too many excellent products available! The technology and craftsmanship just keeps getting better and better----
These are like highly energetic Blacks with boosted bass and highs

Mmmmmmm these look gorgeous!
Thanks!

I wish all manufacturers would give such a clear and detailed description of their product's technicalities and especially its sound signature! Thank you for that! I'd rather buy a product based on that kind of description instead of myths and hype.
Thanks! We try our best
Thanks for the good work and the so clear explainations. :thumbsup:
Thanks!
Yep, nice read on the top firing drivers, never heard of this before still pushing the enveloppe as usual!
Oh I'm sure you have seen such drivers before :wink:

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #14 of 338

Users who are viewing this thread

Back