Custom Art Hybrid 3 Pro impressions thread
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #19 of 22
Ok got the filter kit. Grey filter fixed my issues of the mids being smeary. Now everything is the same level of things and precision unlike with the brown filter where artists like REOL would sound off where the body sounds thick yet suppressed and the vocal extension extends to the hevens.

Guess I'm really FR deaf since I can't tell the difference in bass between the grey and brown filter. If anything the gray filter slightly increases the slaminess of the bass.

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #21 of 22
Ok got the filter kit. Grey filter fixed my issues of the mids being smeary. Now everything is the same level of things and precision unlike with the brown filter where artists like REOL would sound off where the body sounds thick yet suppressed and the vocal extension extends to the hevens.

Guess I'm really FR deaf since I can't tell the difference in bass between the grey and brown filter. If anything the gray filter slightly increases the slaminess of the bass.
Oooh, that’s really interesting. I may have to dive in and swap the filters around again to see if I can hear what you’re hearing. My uneducated theory would be that the increased sub bass shelf creates the effect of separating from the lower mids leading to more perceived clarity.
So cool! Love seeing audio reviews on general tech sites, especially pure audio companies (vs. crossover companies like Razer and Logi).

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #22 of 22
I got my Hybrid 3 Pro about a month and a half ago so I figured I'd give my impressions on them.

They have a fast and natural bass with good physicality when called for. Mids are detailed and exciting with very good instrument separation, sweet vocals and textured harsh vocals. Energy in the presence region carries over from upper mids to lower treble and then extends nicely with good control.

For tips I'm using Spiral dot++ and they highlight the already stellar staging and imaging.

I fell in love with the sound so I had to find something on the cheap with similar tonal quality for portable use. And I found it with the final A4000. Now my desktop and portable setups don't sound different, desktop setup just sounds better.

Thus my quest for The One(s) has come to an end... And it only took a little over a year since getting in to IEMs. Now I can just enjoy the music without "Man I wish..." or "What if..."

h3pro2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back