CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Jul 16, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #18 of 2,466
Hi guys,

Looking forward to buying my first CIEM here. Since this will be my first so I prefer it to be affordable. I'm deciding between FIBAE 1 vs 2, and from here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKb5az0asJBXAmAv0FruGM-I_485QJTABiaIbFYJjek/edit#gid=0) I can see that Music One and Two are currently still available despite being 2nd hand.
I use a lot of Facebook and Youtube, so I guess I need the CIEM to be forgiving with the low quality audio files and not make them sound so much like poop :D. I play Dota and CSGO so I need its positional audio to be decent as well. For music, I mainly listen to Yuki Kajiura OSTs (instrumental) and songs (female vocal) (Yuki's music in this link ), piano, violin.

Please help. Thanks guys

@piotrus-g

Jul 16, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #19 of 2,466
Depends on how much you want to spend. Bought second hand products from CA before and not had an issue from them.

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #20 of 2,466
Depends on how much you want to spend. Bought second hand products from CA before and not had an issue from them.
I know that 2nd hand wouldn't be a problem. That's exactly why I listed Music One and Two together with FIBAE 1 and 2 as my 4 options to pick. Since now I would choose based on whether the CIEM is forgiving with low quality audio files or not, is good with positional audio or not, and is suitable with my music preferences or not - basically with all the things I bolded in my previous comment :p

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #21 of 2,466
I know that 2nd hand wouldn't be a problem. That's exactly why I listed Music One and Two together with FIBAE 1 and 2 as my 4 options to pick. Since now I would choose based on whether the CIEM is forgiving with low quality audio files or not, is good with positional audio or not, and is suitable with my music preferences or not - basically with all the things I bolded in my previous comment :p

All of CustomArt's IEMs tend to be generously forgiving. I'd say the FIBAE 1 is more forgiving than the FIBAE 2 due to its more rolled-off/relaxed treble response, though the FIBAE 2 is more punchy, dynamic, and clear-sounding, which may benefit your genres/instruments of choice. I haven't heard the Music One yet, but the Music Two very much resembles the FIBAE 2, except the latter has more bass and resolution.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #22 of 2,466
All of CustomArt's IEMs tend to be generously forgiving. I'd say the FIBAE 1 is more forgiving than the FIBAE 2 due to its more rolled-off/relaxed treble response, though the FIBAE 2 is more punchy, dynamic, and clear-sounding, which may benefit your genres/instruments of choice. I haven't heard the Music One yet, but the Music Two very much resembles the FIBAE 2, except it has more bass and resolution.
thanks a lot. And are you implying that Music Two has higher performance-price ratio than FIBAE 2?

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #23 of 2,466
thanks a lot. And are you implying that Music Two has higher performance-price ratio than FIBAE 2?

I should correct my earlier post in case there was a misunderstanding; the FIBAE 2 has more bass and resolution than the Music Two, not the other way around. In terms of price-to-performance, especially at the used price you linked, the Music Two poses some great competition. Though, I'd take into consideration, not only the aforementioned performance advantages of the FIBAE 2, but also the benefits of FIBAE technology itself. If you're gonna be listening to the CIEM on sources that aren't necessarily high-end DAPs, the FIBAE's ability to maintain its sound signature throughout different sources might be extremely beneficial.

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #24 of 2,466
Hi guys,

Looking forward to buying my first CIEM here. Since this will be my first so I prefer it to be affordable. I'm deciding between FIBAE 1 vs 2, and from here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKb5az0asJBXAmAv0FruGM-I_485QJTABiaIbFYJjek/edit#gid=0) I can see that Music One and Two are currently still available despite being 2nd hand.
I use a lot of Facebook and Youtube, so I guess I need the CIEM to be forgiving with the low quality audio files and not make them sound so much like poop :D. I play Dota and CSGO so I need its positional audio to be decent as well. For music, I mainly listen to Yuki Kajiura OSTs (instrumental) and songs (female vocal) (Yuki's music in this link ), piano, violin.

Please help. Thanks guys

@piotrus-g

Hey!

The Music One and Two are now actually available only as second hand, so if you want cheap IEM with good performance you cannot really go wrong with those - but please make sure the sound signature description matches your preferences.
Music One is more forgiving than Music Two - that's for sure. Music Two has more revealing treble (but also more bass), Generally in my opinion combination of low res files with low res DAP on Music Two would be very hard to listen to.

As for FIBAE - as mentioned above you get the advantage of stable sound signature. The FIBAE1 has bass quantity almost on pair with Music Two and at the same time smoothness of Music One, so you get best of both worlds. FIBAE2 has much more bass than Music Two, it is revealing but less so than Music Two

So your choice should be based on your preferred sound signature and your budget. In my opinion for vocal music, instrumentals, piano etc. FIBAE1 should be the first choice, then Music One, then FIABE2 and Music Two

Jul 16, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #25 of 2,466
I should correct my earlier post in case there was a misunderstanding; the FIBAE 2 has more bass and resolution than the Music Two, not the other way around. In terms of price-to-performance, especially at the used price you linked, the Music Two poses some great competition. Though, I'd take into consideration, not only the aforementioned performance advantages of the FIBAE 2, but also the benefits of FIBAE technology itself. If you're gonna be listening to the CIEM on sources that aren't necessarily high-end DAPs, the FIBAE's ability to maintain its sound signature throughout different sources might be extremely beneficial.
thanks a lot. My source are either my laptop or my Sansa Clip Zip only, i.e they are not high-end

Jul 16, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #26 of 2,466
Hey!

The Music One and Two are now actually available only as second hand, so if you want cheap IEM with good performance you cannot really go wrong with those - but please make sure the sound signature description matches your preferences.
Music One is more forgiving than Music Two - that's for sure. Music Two has more revealing treble (but also more bass), Generally in my opinion combination of low res files with low res DAP on Music Two would be very hard to listen to.

As for FIBAE - as mentioned above you get the advantage of stable sound signature. The FIBAE1 has bass quantity almost on pair with Music Two and at the same time smoothness of Music One, so you get best of both worlds. FIBAE2 has much more bass than Music Two, it is revealing but less so than Music Two

So your choice should be based on your preferred sound signature and your budget. In my opinion for vocal music, instrumentals, piano etc. FIBAE1 should be the first choice, then Music One, then FIABE2 and Music Two
thanks for your very detailed reply. I think I will be deciding between FIBAE 1 and Music One then. Between these two, which one is more forgiving, and which one has better positional audio?
EDIT: my friend is recommending Ei.3 for me, so if you can please include it in your comparison as well, but I doubt Ei.3 will suit my music preferences :-/

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #27 of 2,466
thanks for your very detailed reply. I think I will be deciding between FIBAE 1 and Music One then. Between these two, which one is more forgiving, and which one has better positional audio?
EDIT: my friend is recommending Ei.3 for me, so if you can please include it in your comparison as well, but I doubt Ei.3 will suit my music preferences :-/
I really love my Ei.3 for a wide variety of music, but I mostly listen to classical and acoustic music. I feel the Ei.3 present those very well and very smoothly. There is no harshness even when a soprano pushes for the high note and voices are very well placed (not too far back or forward).

In contrast to what you might expect from IEMs tuned for EDM and Rap, the bass is not omnipresent or overpowering. It has a nice kick and weight to it, but only comes to play when needed. The treble is rolled off and might for some people be a bit too rolled off (lacking some sparkle), but I personally like that because of how smooth it makes the signature. The mids are great and pull everything together in a very cohesive sound.

I have not heard the others, so I can unfortunately not compare them to those.

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #28 of 2,466
I really love my Ei.3 for a wide variety of music, but I mostly listen to classical and acoustic music. I feel the Ei.3 present those very well and very smoothly. There is no harshness even when a soprano pushes for the high note and voices are very well placed (not too far back or forward).

In contrast to what you might expect from IEMs tuned for EDM and Rap, the bass is not omnipresent or overpowering. It has a nice kick and weight to it, but only comes to play when needed. The treble is rolled off and might for some people be a bit too rolled off (lacking some sparkle), but I personally like that because of how smooth it makes the signature. The mids are great and pull everything together in a very cohesive sound.

I have not heard the others, so I can unfortunately not compare them to those.
thanks for your info. I will certainly take this in consideration.

Jul 17, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #29 of 2,466
I would say FIBAE1 is more forgiving as has better staging - definitely more natural depth.
Ei.3 might not be good pick for vocal music unless you really need that bass

Jul 17, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #30 of 2,466
I would say FIBAE1 is more forgiving as has better staging - definitely more natural depth.
Ei.3 might not be good pick for vocal music unless you really need that bass
Based on the discussion here, I think I'm drawn towards FIBAE 1. Still, my friend urges me to have to listen to the demo first to check whether the CIEM really suits me. I already contacted your distributor (Vietnam - Headworld) and unfortunately they told me that they do not have demo for any of your product. Therefore, may I request you to send the demos of your CIEMs to your distributor? This will definitely also serve Customart in the long run, since the more accessibility users have, the more likely we will purchase your products.
In fact, I was quite surprised when founding out that your distributor doesnt have your demos. AAW, Oriolus, 64 Audio are selling a decent amount of their products here in my country, IHMO mainly because our people have the chance to test their demos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back