CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Apr 14, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #917 of 2,466
Well, we'll see after I got my ears plugged with the Fibae 2 :ksc75smile:

Apr 14, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #918 of 2,466
I found out recently that universals were available as well as customs so have a few questions. Is there a price difference between the custom and universal version? I know customs will fit better however I don't want to deal with international shipping and waiting times for refits.

If anyone has the fibae3 in universal form do you know the dimensions? My ears are on the smaller size so want to make sure it fits as some of these larger universals don't fit my ears well.

Apr 14, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #919 of 2,466
I found out recently that universals were available as well as customs so have a few questions. Is there a price difference between the custom and universal version? I know customs will fit better however I don't want to deal with international shipping and waiting times for refits.

If anyone has the fibae3 in universal form do you know the dimensions? My ears are on the smaller size so want to make sure it fits as some of these larger universals don't fit my ears well.

Don’t have the FIBAE series, but if it’s anything like my Harmony 8.2 universal, you shouldn’t have problems fitting them. I have small ears as well & I still can’t believe how small the shell is. It’s even smaller than my In-Ear SD4s.

Apr 14, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #920 of 2,466
So what you are saying is that ME has more punch and is more fun to listen to ?

ME is more FUN to listen to than almost anything. It takes that whole "musicality" thing to the extreme. :D

Apr 14, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #921 of 2,466

Price is the same, and if I remember correctly there were some pictures of the F3 (or F2) posted on this thread and in the review section.
They all looked quite small.

I ordered 3 ciems from Piotr and I never had any issue with the fitting, the F3 is one of the most comfortable.

Apr 14, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #922 of 2,466
ME is more FUN to listen to than almost anything. It takes that whole "musicality" thing to the extreme. :D

Man you're making me curious ! I also see that you got the Meze Neo and the N5II (which I kinda want) sooo I might agree with your statement... :p

Apr 14, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #923 of 2,466
Man you're making me curious ! I also see that you got the Meze Neo and the N5II (which I kinda want) sooo I might agree with your statement... :p

Hmm... now that you mention it, ME is a lot like Neo in signature. Only perhaps smoother up top.

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #924 of 2,466
Yep thats exactly what I was looking for when I wanted to try the Fibae 2.

A "portable Meze Neo"!

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #925 of 2,466
Price is the same, and if I remember correctly there were some pictures of the F3 (or F2) posted on this thread and in the review section.
They all looked quite small.

I ordered 3 ciems from Piotr and I never had any issue with the fitting, the F3 is one of the most comfortable.

Caveat there is that as always make sure you go to an audiologist who a)knows what they are doing and b)knows the difference between ciems and hearing aids.

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #927 of 2,466

Same price, same customization options for colors (only standard 2-pin connector available for UNI) minimally shorter turnaround, no refit policy for universal fit IEMs.
As for size we use very small sized shell shaped quite anatomically, most of our customers find the shell extremely comfortable.

Apr 15, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #928 of 2,466
the universal shell for 8.2 was small , maybe smaller shell i have tried considering it had 8 BAs inside

if the shell is like 8.2 , you shouldn't have any problems at all

Apr 15, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #929 of 2,466
Quick question for Piotr. Has the universal shell changed since you did my music two or are they the same? It's the same problem on universals for me. The left fits very well, but just can't get a good consistent seal with the right ear. Small is too small, and medium up is too big and makes the right ear sore after awhile. Frustrating.

Anyway fingers crossed, got the audiologist appointment tomorrow after work.

Apr 15, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #930 of 2,466
IMG_0418.JPG IMG_0424.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back