CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Sep 17, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #1,291 of 2,468
Still love my FIBAE3

kNPYX6gh.jpg
I love the design of your F3. I may connect the 8-wire Ares II to my F3 and give a listen, I haven't tried that cable IEM pairing yet.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #1,293 of 2,468
Guys, there's Harmony 8.2 on sale at now extremely good price if you are on the market for TOTL performance this one is a great deal https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-customart-harmony-8-2.887120/
Darn it, that is really unfortunate timing. I have been using the Ares II 8-wire on my Ei.3 (glorious pairing, btw) and that really got me thinking about the H8.2 because of Daniel's previous comments about the H8.2 pairing with the 8-wire. Hope they find a new home soon because that is a great price!

Sep 26, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #1,298 of 2,468
Just saw an instagram post about FIBAE4 prototype. How long will it be a buyable product? I almost got myself a FIBAE3 but decided I might have to hold a bit longer to test out the FIBAE4.
Because of the very very long lead time for components for FIBAE4 the product will not be released till around December

Sep 26, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #1,301 of 2,468
Thank you. I want to buy myself X'mas gift, if the demo reaches Thailand in time I might go for FIBAE4 if it suits me.

Anyway, What kind of sound signature should I expect out of FIBAE4?
We will see about the demos, hopefully we will have our stock in time.

As for the signature the overall sound is somewhat like a combination of FIBAE 2 and 3 and Harmony 8.2 - it's very easy going, with nice micro detail retrieval, and fairly unique presentation.

Sep 26, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #1,302 of 2,468
We will see about the demos, hopefully we will have our stock in time.

As for the signature the overall sound is somewhat like a combination of FIBAE 2 and 3 and Harmony 8.2 - it's very easy going, with nice micro detail retrieval, and fairly unique presentation.
Time to start saving some money again...

Piotr, will you offer 3D shell or it's too soon?

Sep 26, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #1,303 of 2,468
Time to start saving some money again...

Piotr, will you offer 3D shell or it's too soon?
The thing with 3D is that we already are making all silicone products with it. Basically it was the easiest to set up. I also managed to create unique method allowing us to manufacture silicone shells with colored canals - so basically everything stays the same for silicone, but overall turnaround should be faster fitting better and quality of the product improved. To answer questions in advance F4 won't be available in silicone.

As for the acrylic we are making some progress, but it seems to be more complicated than silicone - by that I don't mean production itself which is insanely easy, fast and replicable, but achieving quality of the finished shell. We want to make sure that the shells we produce are as implacable as it gets. Ultimately for acrylic we will move only part of production to 3D, we acknowledge some customers want unique looking pieces, which can only be made by hand. Again, we are now exploring the materials and methods, as always thinking outside of the box and I'm sure we will come up with something that will push what's possible to achieve with 3D :)

Sep 27, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #1,304 of 2,468

Users who are viewing this thread

Back