CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Dec 19, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #1,471 of 2,466
For what listening scenarios?

Rock, metal, rap, electro... I listen to all kind of music but like it to be punchy, energetic and not too recessed. I'm happy with my Fibae 2 atm, but still have to turn the volume up to be satisfied (which could cause damages).

Dec 19, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #1,472 of 2,466
Rock, metal, rap, electro... I listen to all kind of music but like it to be punchy, energetic and not too recessed. I'm happy with my Fibae 2 atm, but still have to turn the volume up to be satisfied (which could cause damages).

Based on @piotrus-g’s previous teases, the upcoming FIBAE 4 may best fit your needs.

Dec 19, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #1,474 of 2,466
Hmm... FIBAE Black is great for these genres but it would seem you might prefer a bit more V-shaped sig and in that case, F4 might be good choice indeed.

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #1,475 of 2,466
Hm, thanks Piotr !

For the presale price, Fibae Black are perfect for me. And it seems they would do great with most of the genre I'm listening to. I don't like my highs to be too proeminent as I'm sibilance sensitive.
Fibae 2 are great for me, but might lack a bit of energy.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #1,476 of 2,466
Fibae blacks look awesome indeed!
Great timing as well, since I'm looking for a step up in my IEM-game, but deciding between Fibae 2,3 (even 4?) and the blacks is tricky.

Currently have the amazing gr07's, which i love for their comfort and sound. Would like to have a better soundstage, but in terms of signature, they are awesome. Same with (nonIEM ofcourse) HD598s. Lovely soundstage, love the vocal presence. Not much of a bass-head indeed.

Listening to jazz (Dave Koz - Together Again), John Mayer, Dire Straits, Eagles, Clapton, CSNY, EWF, Toto etc. So not really the type of music that has been discussed here the last 2 weeks :wink:

Budget would be around 500 euro, so all of the current fibaes are (kinda...) in budget, but I'd love your recommendation based on this music.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #1,477 of 2,466
Fibae blacks look awesome indeed!
Great timing as well, since I'm looking for a step up in my IEM-game, but deciding between Fibae 2,3 (even 4?) and the blacks is tricky.

Currently have the amazing gr07's, which i love for their comfort and sound. Would like to have a better soundstage, but in terms of signature, they are awesome. Same with (nonIEM ofcourse) HD598s. Lovely soundstage, love the vocal presence. Not much of a bass-head indeed.

Listening to jazz (Dave Koz - Together Again), John Mayer, Dire Straits, Eagles, Clapton, CSNY, EWF, Toto etc. So not really the type of music that has been discussed here the last 2 weeks :wink:

Budget would be around 500 euro, so all of the current fibaes are (kinda...) in budget, but I'd love your recommendation based on this music.

Thanks so much!

I haven’t heard the GR07 in years. But, if you’re looking for soundstage, vocal presence and a Sennheiser-esque signature, the Black certainly fits the bill. The Black definitely works with the artists you mentioned, though the only caveat I’ll throw out is articulation. Like the Sennheiser’s, the Black won’t necessarily be the most crisp-and-detailed-sounding IEM you’ll hear - not congested or veiled by any means, though. But, if that’s fine by you, it’s probably the most suitable for you out of all the FIBAE’s.

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #1,478 of 2,466
@dbmeij I used to own the GR07 but could not stand their bright sound. Sibilance all the way, not enough kick for me to tap my foot.

I'm really pleased with vocals, instrument separation, layering with my Fibae 2. For instance, Hotel California or Your latest trick are DELIGHTFUL with them. I wouldn't say soundstage is huge though. But with complex tracks such as Opeth, it works well !
I too am a Sennheiser's signature fan, and they don't seem so far away from it.

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #1,480 of 2,466
I'm considering a set of the Fibae Blacks and just wondered if anyone could provide a reference to the Phonaks PFE 012 / 111 / 112 (Grey Filter)?

I enjoy the neutral tone but would like a little bit more bass kick, but I can (and have) listened to these for hours with no discomfort or complaints about a fatiguing sound.
I've got a set of DT990 for movies/games but with music I find their top end fatiguing after awhile so looking to avoid that extreme V shape sound.
Most of my music is a mix of Pop/Rock/EDM/Orchestral so hoping the Fibae Black can fulfill the role of an improved Phonak PFE 112 with a greater bass response but without a tiring top end.
From what I've read of the initial impressions I believe that I'm on the right track here with my choice within Custom Art's range?

Dec 30, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #1,481 of 2,466
I'm considering a set of the Fibae Blacks and just wondered if anyone could provide a reference to the Phonaks PFE 012 / 111 / 112 (Grey Filter)?

I enjoy the neutral tone but would like a little bit more bass kick, but I can (and have) listened to these for hours with no discomfort or complaints about a fatiguing sound.
I've got a set of DT990 for movies/games but with music I find their top end fatiguing after awhile so looking to avoid that extreme V shape sound.
Most of my music is a mix of Pop/Rock/EDM/Orchestral so hoping the Fibae Black can fulfill the role of an improved Phonak PFE 112 with a greater bass response but without a tiring top end.
From what I've read of the initial impressions I believe that I'm on the right track here with my choice within Custom Art's range?
Hi,
PFE 111 was one of my first IEMs and I still like them a lot :) the Blacks are fairly similar. The have probably a bit more bass than on PFE with black filters but with one major different there's no bloat or lack of texturing that comes with upping the filters in PFEs, the mids are probably closer to grey filter, though I would say that they are more saturated and ticker at lower midrange part. The biggest difference will be in highs which PFEs have pretty boosted, while extension is pretty much similar, the highs are lower quantity which impacts the air. Still Blacks offer much bigger and deeper soundstage than PFEs

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #1,482 of 2,466
@piotrus-g are you Elon Musk of audio world:dt880smile::dt880smile::dt880smile:!!!!!!!

You are like

Guys, we have a BA in our shelf, lets blow those top guns out

Everywhere i go, i just see 5 stars for your product

and people mind blown

i tried the FIBAE 1 universal and i conclude

why etymotic and Fitear F111 didnt tune like you did

well, from Prelude and black comparision and seeing the graph of FIBAE 1 compared to Black

i can pretty well imagine where the sound is going to
hmmmm........

lets see, i should take your measurement as benchmark for my project now

you are my new sensei

*respect*

Two more new year resolution added

Save money and get FIBAE BLACK(Indian Currency is weak)
Get everyone in my family a black

by the way i liked FIBAE 1 so much, that i stole it from my friend(Kidding, i paid him 10,000Rs ~ 130$)
damm neutrality

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #1,483 of 2,466
@piotrus-g are you Elon Musk of audio world:dt880smile::dt880smile::dt880smile:!!!!!!!

You are like

Guys, we have a BA in our shelf, lets blow those top guns out

Everywhere i go, i just see 5 stars for your product

and people mind blown

i tried the FIBAE 1 universal and i conclude

why etymotic and Fitear F111 didnt tune like you did

well, from Prelude and black comparision and seeing the graph of FIBAE 1 compared to Black

i can pretty well imagine where the sound is going to
hmmmm........

lets see, i should take your measurement as benchmark for my project now

you are my new sensei

*respect*

Two more new year resolution added

Save money and get FIBAE BLACK(Indian Currency is weak)
Get everyone in my family a black

by the way i liked FIBAE 1 so much, that i stole it from my friend(Kidding, i paid him 10,000Rs ~ 130$)
damm neutrality
Thanks man! I appreciate your words and I'm happy you are enjoying our products :) Happy listening!

Jan 2, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #1,484 of 2,466
I too pulled the trigger for the Fibae Black just before the discount ended.

I will compare them to my Fibae 2 paired with the Cayin N5II as well as I can. :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back