Cypher Labs Trio Portable Tube Amp - Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 20, 2015 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Ultrainferno

Member of the Trade: Headfonia
AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Tube Amplifier

Model CLAT6111

The AlgoRhythm Trio is a battery powered tube amplifier designed to deliver a rich warm tone. The amplifier is simple to operate with separate power switch, volume knob and two level gain setting.
The Trio has a superb black background and a clean, clear, spacious full sound, with the pure midrange you can only get from a tube amplifier. The result is a warm and smooth dark tonality and overall large soundstage and dynamic response.

Charge your AlgoRhythm Trio using a computer or wall wart of 5v and up to 2amps. The enclosure is machined from a single durable block of aluminum. If you have any questions or need service please contact us at sales@cypherlabs.com.

Includes: 2 amp 5 v charger; 2 silicone straps to bundle devices; USB charging cord, half-meter mini to mini cable. We suggest using a short high quality mini cable, such as our 3.5mm straight cable, for the shortest path.

May 21, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 29
where and how much? not listed at TTVJ, or Moon Audio, too soon? I'll wait, seems like it will go nicely into a portable rig,

I loved the Duet, had all I was looking for in an amp in spades, and with a huge WOW factor, but the the treble was too bright for me, it has super large soundstage, great detail and instrument seperation, with dreamy punchy pounding bass, unfortunately I couldn't get past the sharp fatiguiging treble,

now a tube amp with all of those qualities and then some? ALLABOARD! lol, I have the HP-V1, and the Continental v3, and those are the bomb, CL has my heart and my wallet! the Duet is a dream of an amp, just too bright,

May 22, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 29

Listening right now, out of the case just 10 mins ago. Anyone who's got one, ever found the need for the gain switch!? it's beastly enough in low gain!

May 22, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 29
I did use the gain switch with my LCD2.1

Sadly, no Audeze's in the home of AnakChan. I'll try my V-Modex on this when I get home this evening instead - It's a T50RP in a V-Moda headphone :D.

Edit #1: I wonder if I'll get into trouble for abbreviating this [Deleted...I just looked up in urbandictionary] :wink:.
Edit #2:    Trio dimensions, 105mm x 69mm x 24mm
            Ak240 dimensions, 107mm x 66mm x 17.5mm
            The 3.5mm Lineout is on the same "side" as the Trio too. Hmmm, ever wondered if it was purposefully designed in those dimensions

May 22, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #8 of 29
  where and how much? not listed at TTVJ, or Moon Audio, too soon? I'll wait, seems like it will go nicely into a portable rig,

found it, it is on CL website, I just didn't scroll down far enough, listed at $599, I'll be getting one soon,

sounds like it's just the sound I'm looking for!

May 24, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #10 of 29
  Is it IEM friendly?

Based on the specs on the CL website, both its low gain and high gain should be a bit softer than the low gain and high gain of the Duet.

May 26, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #13 of 29

At some point you would think someone would make an amp for the most likely scenario in public or at work... iems.  Sigh.

Well, I'm sure that for probably 90% of people and gear on the market it is just fine and quiet. Companies can't always manage to please everyone. Maybe the custom IEM makers are to blame?
The TRIO is a very good sounding amplifier, with superb sound and I enjoy the heck out of it

May 27, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #14 of 29
So far I find the Trio to have a warmer more intimate sound and treble just a hair line slightly less forward than the Duet. The Duet also seems to have a lightly more mid bass presence. The tubes of he Trio do maintain the smooth texturing of the bass though. The Picollo seems have a smaller stage but more neutral than the Trio. Overall, the 3x Cyperlabs Algorhythm amps seem to maintain their house signature. They're (as to be expected) more similar than different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back