DAC/amp or combo advice needed
Jan 11, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #16 of 38
I do have the 1.22 drivers installed.  But no, I don't have ASIO installed, I have wasapi installed with it set to wasapi(event), as it directed on the audio-gd's site to install wasapi and kernel streaming plugins.

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #17 of 38
Well today just turned into a terrible day.  I turned on my pc, turned on the nfb-15.32, then plugged in my headphones and no sound.
frown.gif
  And it's not the headphones, tested them with my mp3 player.

Did some simple troubleshooting, checking things in windows, using a different usb port, and uninstalling the software and reinstalling it(the uninstall didn't seem to get rid of everything as it still recognized the device when I plugged it in).  *sigh* time to contact Audio-gd and hope that I don't have to send this paperweight in.

The only thing I can think of that I might have ever done wrong(not sure if it's bad practice or not) is left the volume nob at the same spot when shutting it off and on.

I do hear a little click sound about a second after turning it on or off(coming from the dac/amp), but I'm not sure if that's normal.

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #18 of 38
Yikes!  That's unfortunate.  Regarding the volume knob; I've never had an issue with an Audio-gd product when leaving the knob to a previous listening level.  Some troubleshooting steps to try:

1) Do you have the output switch set to HP?
2) Is the input switch set to USB?
3) If you were trying to play sound in Foobar, do you have the "DS: Audio-gd device" selected in the output section?
4) If you select the Audio-gd device as the default audio device, can you hear sounds from other programs?
5) Do any of your PC's have optical out?  You can set the input switch to optical and test to see if there is an issue with the USB input section.
6) Regarding removing the drivers; To successfully uninstall the drivers, the unit must be powered on and connected.  Did you try uninstalling with the unit on? 

Hope this helps!

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #19 of 38
I have optical and coaxial out but no cables for it.  I tried setting foobar2000 to "DS: Audio-gd device" and that didn't work(but there's no audio for my pc at all so, I'm pretty sure it's not that), though when it's set to either of the audio-gd wasapi options I now get the message "Unrecoverable playback error: Exclusive mode not allowed" which I never got before while using the nfb-15.32.

I did not uninstall it with the unit powered up, so I'm going to try that right now.

Edit:  Well uninstalling it and then reinstalling didn't work.

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #20 of 38
If I were to look into purchasing a coaxial cable, what might be a good decently priced cable?  I don't want to spend too much as currently it would be just to test out the coaxial in on the NFB-15.32.  I heard about Blue Jeans Cable before on here.  One thing I'm a bit worried about is the back plate on my motherboard leaves very little space around the coaxial out plug.  I found some monster cable sitting around the house, but it was too fat to fit all the way on.

The monster cable looked something like this:

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #21 of 38
The "Exclusive mode not allowed" error occurs when you have another device using the audio stream (a youtube video, another audio/video program, a game, etc.) when Foobar attempts to take "exclusive" control of that audio device for playback.  Did you have another program running at the time?  Do you get any sound out of your PC, including the built on sound card, at all?

Regarding cables:  I wouldn't spend anywhere near that kind of cash for a digital cable.  Grab a high quality optical cable from Monoprice and save the $$: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10229&cs_id=1022904&p_id=2764&seq=1&format=2

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #22 of 38
Sorry I'm so late in replying.  As for your questions, I don't remember if I had something else going at the same time, but youtube was probably open in Firefox and I usually have mumble open too(though mumble had never created problems in the past).  And I have been able to get audio out of my onboard audio.

Through talking with Kingwa it looks like I'll be sending it back for repair.

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #23 of 38
Bummer!

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #24 of 38
If anyone can give me a suggestion on who to send this through that would be helpful.  I'm thinking DHL only because that was how it was shipped originally.  But our local DHL office must not be open right now as they aren't answering their phone, and google reviews of this location don't look good(including one saying they weren't open during listed hours).  I'd prefer to not have to spend more than $35 as that's about what Audio-gd will cover up to for shipping to them.  I tried quoting on UPS and was amazed it would cost around $150, and it seems to be the same with fedex.  I tried using DHL's quote system online, but it didn't show a price.

Edit:  Just got a correct number for DHL I guess(not specific for that location though) and it seems minus tax and such it would cost me around $122 to ship it back through DHL.  So it looks like I'm out around $100 no matter what.

Looks like unless someone else has a suggestion and as long as USPS's site will be accurate to what it will cost at the location I plan to ship from, then I'll be going through them as to me the price is actually reasonable.

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #25 of 38
I have a question. Does anybody know of an app for android that works as a dac without an lod to bypass the inernal amp to get a pure clean digital signal out of the 3.5mm jack or the mini hdmi out ?

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #27 of 38
Quote:
I have a question. Does anybody know of an app for android that works as a dac without an lod to bypass the inernal amp to get a pure clean digital signal out of the 3.5mm jack or the mini hdmi out ?

I don't know a whole lot, but as far as I know you can't bypass an amp through the 3.5mm jack(or 6.3mm) of any device.  Usually USB or a proprietary jack that goes to USB is used, and I can't say I've heard of someone using HDMI...but I guess it might be a possibility.  It might be easier to get an answer through making your own thread and naming the device you'd like to do this with too.

I'm also happy they used the kind of foam they did to send it originally, not sure if USPS did it(wouldn't be surprised) but the box looked like it was used for a hacky sack!

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Looks like unless someone else has a suggestion and as long as USPS's site will be accurate to what it will cost at the location I plan to ship from, then I'll be going through them as to me the price is actually reasonable.

Well for anyone that might care, I just got my NFB-15.32 back.  It apparently never made it to Audio-gd(spoke with kingwa about a month ago and he said he never received it), but it works.....I'm guessing somehow it was a software issue or something funky going on.  All I can say is I'm happy to have it back, and dark side of the moon sounds amazing through it.
atsmile.gif

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #29 of 38
Quote:
Well for anyone that might care, I just got my NFB-15.32 back.  It apparently never made it to Audio-gd(spoke with kingwa about a month ago and he said he never received it), but it works.....I'm guessing somehow it was a software issue or something funky going on.  All I can say is I'm happy to have it back, and dark side of the moon sounds amazing through it.
atsmile.gif

Good to hear that! Send us a pic 
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #30 of 38
I had to clear some desk space for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back