DAC for Sennheiser HD650 & La Figaro 332C
Jan 6, 2010 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Ozer

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD650 headphones and I will be buying the new La Figaro 332 Classic amp within some days.... The next thing I want to buy to my rig is a DAC... I know very little about DAC's so I need every help I can get on witch I should buy...

Right now I connect my HP's to my soundcard (Auzentech Prelude 7.1). If I want to hear a big difference in sound, how much do I have to pay ? As my soundcard isn't that bad (at least not when I bought it). I don't go over 400$.... If there are any difference in sound types, I listen to rock music like for example Kings Of Leon... I want warm sound... About imputs, I will only connect with Optical Toslink, so need for any other inputs, or many inputs for that matter... I don't want a DAC with internal amp in it, cause first of all, I don't need it, and second, I would pay extra for something I don't want to use...

And now to the difficult part of it all.... I don't want to pay import duties (Sweden have to pay the most of all
frown.gif
), so I have to be able to buy the DAC you suggest within Europe... That will rule out a LOT of DACs... But some DACs I've even found here in Sweden, for example Dacmagic....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back