DAC Recommendation for Samsung S22
Aug 8, 2022 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

malifact

500+ Head-Fier
So I finally had to give up on my LG G8X, as the battery had almost died and I couldn't get it replaced. I decided to replace it with a Samsung S22 phone. Does anyone have any recommendations for a portable DAC? I would need something small enough for commuting and the gym. I like a bright sound with forward female vocals. My IEMs already have that sound signature, so I'm looking for a DAC that wouldn't make that sound any "warmer" or recess the vocals. Thank you in advance.

Aug 8, 2022 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 9
I had the Dragonfly Cobalt and it sounded like what your asking for. On ebay you can get an Apple USB c dac for like $10 from a liquidator or even less. I'd try one of them first since they're compact and sound good too. If it's war buds you likely don't need a ton of power draining the phone battery anyway.

Aug 10, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #4 of 9
I had the Dragonfly Cobalt and it sounded like what your asking for. On ebay you can get an Apple USB c dac for like $10 from a liquidator or even less. I'd try one of them first since they're compact and sound good too. If it's war buds you likely don't need a ton of power draining the phone battery anyway.
Qudelix 5k for wireless, Hidizs S9 Pro or Helm Audio Bolt for wired. All great DACs, none of them color the sound.

Thank you both for the recommendations. I will check them out.

Aug 11, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #7 of 9
I use an S2 with phone / tablet. Great bang for buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back