Dallas Headfiers
May 23, 2022 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Somatic

Headphoneus Supremus
Any Headfiers near Dallas? Hard when your into the weeds in Hifi and no one to talk to nearby.

May 23, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 16
It's not just Dallas. That's why I come here.

Jun 8, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #3 of 16
@Somatic Yeah there's a couple in Dallas but they don't seem to really hang around on head-fi very often. We used to have Dallas meetups but those seem to have died down. If there was someone willing to pick up the baton, I'm sure we'd be able to round up a decent crowd.

Jun 12, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #4 of 16
Nice to meet you. I'm in the North Dallas area.

Nov 4, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #5 of 16
@Somatic Yeah there's a couple in Dallas but they don't seem to really hang around on head-fi very often. We used to have Dallas meetups but those seem to have died down. If there was someone willing to pick up the baton, I'm sure we'd be able to round up a decent crowd.
What is involved in 'picking up the baton'? Not sure I want to wait til Nov 2023 for DFW CanJam.

If someone has a location, I've been the event organizer type before.....

Nov 4, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 16
I will be moving to The Woodlands in a few weeks. :/

Nov 4, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 16
Welcome to Houston! I've hosted micro meets (3-4 people) at my home in the Southwest part of town. I'm about an hour from the Woodlands area. We also don't really have much of a Head-Fi presence in Houston either (at least that I am aware of).

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #8 of 16
Moved to the mid-cities last year. Barely checked here today! If anything pans out before Can jam would love to know 👍🏻

Jan 29, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #9 of 16
Welcome to Houston! I've hosted micro meets (3-4 people) at my home in the Southwest part of town. I'm about an hour from the Woodlands area. We also don't really have much of a Head-Fi presence in Houston either (at least that I am aware of).
Sorry didn’t see this response. Thanks. Bummed Houston doesn’t have a Canjam hehe

Apr 18, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #10 of 16
Hey, I'm in Flower Mound. Would love to get together to listen to "Audiophile" headphones. All my experience as a location sound recordist involves super accurate headphones marketed to film and video production.

Apr 18, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #11 of 16
Hey, I'm in Flower Mound. Would love to get together to listen to "Audiophile" headphones. All my experience as a location sound recordist involves super accurate headphones marketed to film and video production.
Nice, I ended up moving to The Woodlands. So if anyone is out here. Let me know. Thanks.

Apr 18, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #12 of 16
That's not far from me. But it seems there aren't many DFW audiophiles here. The good thing is that there are plans of a Can-Jam in Dallas in November 👍🏻

Jun 13, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #13 of 16
That's not far from me. But it seems there aren't many DFW audiophiles here. The good thing is that there are plans of a Can-Jam in Dallas in November 👍🏻
Oooh, that would be fantastic. As someone without much experience also in the DFW area I’d love that!

Jun 17, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #14 of 16
Hey, I'm in Flower Mound. Would love to get together to listen to "Audiophile" headphones https://telegrambetting.club/telegram-sports-betting/ . All my experience as a location sound recordist https://www.viberate.com/tools-for-independent-musicians/playlist-pitching/ involves super accurate headphones marketed to film and video production.
That sounds like a great idea! I'm sure there are a lot of audiophiles out there in Flower Mound who would love to join you in getting an up-close and personal experience with some amazing headphones. Let's see if we can get a group together and find a spot to listen in style!

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #15 of 16

More Houstonians! I am quite close to the Woodlands. Just on the outskirts of Tomball/Spring area myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back