Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Aug 19, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #32 of 6,012
Looking forward to on ear time at So Cal Can Jam… yes???

Just now getting excited to test out these vs VC, Stella, Abyss closed cans in next 6 months!

taking the leap from Drop Ether CX
Yup I know DCA will have them at their booth and we will have a couple pairs at the Headphones.com booth as well!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 19, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #34 of 6,012
Impedance and sensitivity ?
Yes, this is key, I have a Feliks-Audio OTL, generally best for high impedance headphones which his steered me away from the other DC planars. I look forward to more information on these.

Aug 19, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #35 of 6,012
It's gonna have a tough time against the VC and Stellia at that price point. It needs to be substantially better just to provide reasonable value and those are two great headphones.
My thoughts exactly.

Aug 19, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #36 of 6,012
A TOTL closed-back with good ergonomics? That's a plus definitely, but the sound quality has to be there too. We shall see. This is priced right where I expect Abyss' future closed back Diana to cost. Interesting times for super high end closed backs :L3000:

Aug 19, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #37 of 6,012
Yes, this is key, I have a Feliks-Audio OTL, generally best for high impedance headphones which his steered me away from the other DC planars. I look forward to more information on these.
Promo photo shows it plugged into a DAP. That's a good tease. But I can't tell which DAP and haven't seen the Stealth specs yet. DC doesn't usually promote the specs so it will be up to the review people to help us know the proper/optimal pairings. Looking forward to the reviews!

Aug 19, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #40 of 6,012
A TOTL closed-back with good ergonomics? That's a plus definitely, but the sound quality has to be there too. We shall see. This is priced right where I expect Abyss' future closed back Diana to cost. Interesting times for super high end closed backs :L3000:
Let's see how DCA fares in terms of resolution against Abyss, really curious now!

But what a year - Audeze CRBN, New RAAL, and now DCA!

Aug 19, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #41 of 6,012
Yup I know DCA will have them at their booth and we will have a couple pairs at the Headphones.com booth as well!
Please bring a rig to A/B against my XLR balanced Drop ether CX!

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #42 of 6,012
I'm so excited for this! I always wanted a TOTL closed back, although for this price, I'll need to save up for a long time. :D

Can't wait to see more reviews and hopefully could get a chance to listen to one in future.

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #43 of 6,012
Wow this year is full of surprises.
Potentially the new closed back King?

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #44 of 6,012
Promo photo shows it plugged into a DAP. That's a good tease. But I can't tell which DAP and haven't seen the Stealth specs yet. DC doesn't usually promote the specs so it will be up to the review people to help us know the proper/optimal pairings. Looking forward to the reviews!
One of the sources we've had great success pairing with the Stealth is the FiiO M15, so I don't think folks need to be concerned with having a crazy powerful amp to drive it well.

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #45 of 6,012
One of the sources we've had great success pairing with the Stealth is the FiiO M15, so I don't think folks need to be concerned with having a crazy powerful amp to drive it well.
Sounds like great news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back