DC, VA, MD Areas Head-Fi Up Coming Meet At Burke Centre Library On 2/17/2024
Feb 13, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #46 of 91
Sounds like the best Head-Fi local meet yet! So bummed I'm out of town and can't make it. Although probably good for my wallet to not be exposed to all these potential purchases.

Feb 14, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #47 of 91
Thanks for pulling this together @VanHai. I'll be there, but not sure if I'll be packing any gear. It would be my Okto dac8, MZ2, HPA4, and a DIY Noir (if my son and I can get it finished in time). But in any case there's going to be so much great gear! Cheers

--
kobi

Feb 14, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #49 of 91
I just seen this now I wish I had known earlier
I would have brought a few cool toys to try including my headphones and Prautes amp and Tron Antares to test - I hope you all have a great time I look forward to pics and impressions-Jm

Feb 14, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #50 of 91
Yes, please post pics for those of us that can’t attend. Especially that new DAC from LTA!!

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #57 of 91
If it snows, my travel plans are cancelled and I can attend! It’ll be clear by the afternoon. I think the forecast is for snow to stop by 6 am.

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #58 of 91
Hopefully, the weather will cooperate. There is 50/50 chance it will snow, weather prediction is not a science yet but i will monitor the situation. Normally Fairfax County will send out message if public places like Library are closed in advance.

I just contacted the Library, and they said check back by 7:00 AM tomorrow morning for message. Lucky, we start at 1:00 PM, so be prepared. I will update as soon as i can.

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #59 of 91
Good news, Fairfax County just made an announcement. All activities on schools or school grounds BEFORE 12:00 are cancelled (All activities scheduled to begin after noon may continue as scheduled), but did not mention about the Library. I'm 95% sure that we are on, I will call for message and update tomorrow 🙂.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #60 of 91
I see e-stats will be well represented, so I'll leave the BHSE, CRBN and Stax L700 at home.

May bring my new Dave and Mscaler for those who want to hear your HPs on a oldie, but goodie. Still will bring the Hifiman R10D. This $400 HP is good for price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back