Denon AH-7200
Nov 6, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #2,956 of 3,166
The d7200 is one of the fastest dynamics I've heard.

If you have a track for me to demo, i can test it out.

What about stuff like this:

Would really like to know if the Denons are able to handle songs like these because I'm interested in one of them as well and can't test them.
We don't have Denon headphones here where I live.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #2,957 of 3,166
What about stuff like this:

Would really like to know if the Denons are able to handle songs like these because I'm interested in one of them as well and can't test them.
We don't have Denon headphones here where I live.
Thanks in advance.

Speed seems ok to me.

Its not having any trouble keeping up.

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #2,958 of 3,166
Speed seems ok to me.

Its not having any trouble keeping up.

Thank you for the fast reply.
Is there anything else you might have heard?

I for example prefer if everything is directly "In your face" and comes towards you and also I want a lot of punchiness.
The previous headphones I have heard had all the same issue: They sounded very laid back and boring. Like if there is missing power behind them.
How is it for the Denons?

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #2,959 of 3,166
Thank you for the fast reply.
Is there anything else you might have heard?

I for example prefer if everything is directly "In your face" and comes towards you and also I want a lot of punchiness.
The previous headphones I have heard had all the same issue: They sounded very laid back and boring. Like if there is missing power behind them.
How is it for the Denons?
I would say its a pretty punchy headphone.

I think the only thing for me that could be better, is the decay could be a little slower.

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #2,960 of 3,166
I would say its a pretty punchy headphone.

I think the only thing for me that could be better, is the decay could be a little slower.

Is it easy to replace the headband? I heard that they start to peel after around 2-3 years of daily usage which is really a shame.
My old Audio-Technica ATH-M30 for example are now around 13 years old and I still have all original pieces on them (except the earpads) even though it doesn't look pretty good anymore.

Nov 6, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #2,962 of 3,166
Is it easy to replace the headband? I heard that they start to peel after around 2-3 years of daily usage which is really a shame.
My old Audio-Technica ATH-M30 for example are now around 13 years old and I still have all original pieces on them (except the earpads) even though it doesn't look pretty good anymore.
I use a headband but it probably would be expensive to replace the headband. Its all metal and leather, no plastic.

I would recommend aftermarket earpads on this headphone. Stock was too thin for me.

Nov 6, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #2,963 of 3,166
I use a headband but it probably would be expensive to replace the headband. Its all metal and leather, no plastic.

I would recommend aftermarket earpads on this headphone. Stock was too thin for me.

I saw this a few months ago:
And it doesn't look that much complicated to be honest. Just needs a bit of time and discipline.
But I don't know if this is possible with the 5200 and 7200 as well.

About the pads: I don't know. Everything else that is not stock pads will change the sound and it's majority of times to a worse sound.
Trying out different pads until you've found a pair that might be better can be really expensive.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #2,964 of 3,166
I saw this a few months ago:
And it doesn't look that much complicated to be honest. Just needs a bit of time and discipline.
But I don't know if this is possible with the 5200 and 7200 as well.

About the pads: I don't know. Everything else that is not stock pads will change the sound and it's majority of times to a worse sound.
Trying out different pads until you've found a pair that might be better can be really expensive.

Just get a headband cover and you won't need to worry about that.

20231106_093426.JPG

Nov 6, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #2,965 of 3,166

Just get good headphone cover and the comfort will be greatly improved plus it will protects the headband leather nicely.
I can confirm this headphone pad is really nice, especially for comfort and protection. The look is not 100% as the cover goes just slightly over the side metal but I think from the available solutions its one of the best. LINK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Geekria-Compatible-Headphones-Headphone-Installation/dp/B07GDNP7J4

1699289858436.png

Also if you guys anybody interested to get custom headband cover / padding done let me know.
There is a friend of mine based in Poland who can custom made it for you.
Actually here is his website: https://www.nyczaj.audio/gallery

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #2,967 of 3,166
Just get good headphone cover and the comfort will be greatly improved plus it will protects the headband leather nicely.
I can confirm this headphone pad is really nice, especially for comfort and protection. The look is not 100% as the cover goes just slightly over the side metal but I think from the available solutions its one of the best. LINK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Geekria-Compatible-Headphones-Headphone-Installation/dp/B07GDNP7J4

1699289858436.png

Also if you guys anybody interested to get custom headband cover / padding done let me know.
There is a friend of mine based in Poland who can custom made it for you.
Actually here is his website: https://www.nyczaj.audio/gallery
I'd be interested in a headband cover for my focal clears, if its nice, I might as well get one for the d7200s.

Does he have any pics of the covers for the d7200 ?

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #2,968 of 3,166
I'd be interested in a headband cover for my focal clears, if its nice, I might as well get one for the d7200s.

Does he have any pics of the covers for the d7200 ?

At the moment he has only headbands for Grado but he is working on now on new Audeze headband too.

For anything else he can custom make it but you need to send him proper measurements for it.
I also told him to create something universal like ZMF Pilot / Co-pilot pad so I am sure he will come with something like that soon.

For the D7200 I am in as well but I am about to get a new set and want to cover that one first.

He is interested to work on new models because once he makes a prototype he can easily make a lot more of those.
And for the prototype I am sure he will offer some discount.

That black band with with stitching looks amazing.

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #2,969 of 3,166
At the moment he has only headbands for Grado but he is working on now on new Audeze headband too.

For anything else he can custom make it but you need to send him proper measurements for it.
I also told him to create something universal like ZMF Pilot / Co-pilot pad so I am sure he will come with something like that soon.

For the D7200 I am in as well but I am about to get a new set and want to cover that one first.

He is interested to work on new models because once he makes a prototype he can easily make a lot more of those.
And for the prototype I am sure he will offer some discount.

That black band with with stitching looks amazing.
He may want to start with the Focals, if it fits one, it fits them all, the shape of the chassis is all the same from the cheapest to most expensive.

Also, they all have suede in the headband which makes it extra nasty. Almost every single person I've seen with focals have a headband cover for it.

Nov 6, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #2,970 of 3,166
He may want to start with the Focals, if it fits one, it fits them all, the shape of the chassis is all the same from the cheapest to most expensive.

Also, they all have suede in the headband which makes it extra nasty. Almost every single person I've seen with focals have a headband cover for it.

I will tell him that for sure, good I dont own focals then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back