Denon D7100?!
May 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #407 of 1,920
Quote:

I would not at all be surprised if it was Monster itself.  There was some hullabaloo about Beats splitting from Monster as their manufacturing partner, which, if true, means Monster may have some spare headphone production capacity sitting around, and is in need of a partner to use it for....  Even if the drivers are being sourced from elsewhere (heck, even if it were still Foster.)

it was said earlier that the designers of these new headphones are american.... 

May 4, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #408 of 1,920
Quote:

it was said earlier that the designers of these new headphones are american.... 

Actually, the designers at Monster would likely put out something better looking than this. I'm not trying to be funny either: say what you will about their sound and build quality, but in terms of design, Monster's artists are actually rather good. Just look at the Miles Davis Trumpets.

May 4, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #409 of 1,920
Quote:

Actually, the designers at Monster would likely put out something better looking than this. I'm not trying to be funny either: say what you will about their sound and build quality, but in terms of design, Monster's artists are actually rather good. Just look at the Miles Davis Trumpets.

Or those Daft Punk cans, man they look like they are out of tron. I agree I think some of there stuff looks awesum, but this unfortunately is not over the top enough, its just weird, the HD800 is a good example of completely different thats attractive, (obviously depending on your tastes) and that same design principle applies to many of the monster products, it however really doesn't apply to this.

Its just too semi crazy but normal, which = crap

May 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #413 of 1,920
Quote:
Considering the Signature Pro is one of the best fully sealed headphones available today---both in build AND sound---I for one would have rather Denon used it as an example than whatever OEM they've decided to go with on these.

I think it's all too easy to forget that Denon is not a headphone company, doesn't make many headphones at all, and 100% of their headphone success has really been Foster's success.  The Denon headphones have been popular because they're good, but I don't think Denon has any idea about why they were good or why they were popular.  They're an amp and semiconductor company.  They'll always be an amp and semiconductor company.  Headphones are just a "brand holding" from management's perspective. 

It's unfortunate but not surprising they'd jump to a whole new track in a side-industry they participate in.   I just hope Fostex can fill their own void in the market.  

On the other hand, the refined Dx000 series were sold easily as an accessory for their refined amps.   These new headphones....I somehow doubt that someone in the market for a ~$1k amplifier/integrated will actually be buying these to compliment it....  In trying to "diversify" their market, they lost their principal tie-in.

May 5, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #414 of 1,920
Quote:

Who are these people that don't appreciate wood? I've never come across someone that'd look at mahogany and say "yeah, okay", then look over at plastic and say "oh shi- plastic!? How'd you get this, that's so awesome!"

I mean my friends will look at D7K and say "wood cups, big deal" and toss them around will damage the wood cups, none of my friends will spend more than $50 for a pair of headphones, so they have absolutely no idea. And with D7.1K, it looks like a monster beats headphone, which most people think they are expensive, and will treat them nicely....

May 5, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #415 of 1,920
I don't know about that; whenever I show my D7000 to my family or friends, they immediately comment on the high-class nature of the headphone. However, what you may be right about is that people wouldn't believe that there are headphones that cost more than $500 > exist, hence it never comes to mind because in the current pop culture, the most expensive headphones most people know about is the beats.

May 5, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #416 of 1,920
I mean my friends will look at D7K and say "wood cups, big deal" and toss them around will damage the wood cups, none of my friends will spend more than $50 for a pair of headphones, so they have absolutely no idea. And with D7.1K, it looks like a monster beats headphone, which most people think they are expensive, and will treat them nicely....

Doubtful. If they won't respect one they won't respect the other. FWIW, any "friends" of mine who tossed around my headphones, regardless of their looks, would get a beating and a boot in the *** out the door.

May 5, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #417 of 1,920
Quote:
Doubtful. If they won't respect one they won't respect the other. FWIW, any "friends" of mine who tossed around my headphones, regardless of their looks, would get a beating and a boot in the *** out the door.

+1 
rolleyes.gif

May 5, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #419 of 1,920
For what it's worth though, it also depends on age and maturity. Older and more mature people would likely appreciate more of wood products than younger people. Of course as always in humanity's history there are exceptions. I for one, can appreciate wood on headphones, but would love it more if it's brushed aluminium or some other understated metal, and not glossy blingy chrome or other shiny metal.

+1 to MagickMan. Only I'd extend to my other items too LOL. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back