DIY Project - Bowers & wilkins PX5 BT-Headphones
Aug 8, 2023 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Bjoernen

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a small project. I have received 3 Bowers & wilkins PX5 Bluetooth headphones.

They all have the same problem. They turn on and everything works immediately with regard to the LED and in the app. They can be seen in the app on the phone, when I press the ANC button it changes on the phone app and I can turn the volume up and down. But there is no sound. Neither music nor the usual tones when switching on/off can be heard.

I have tried connecting them to bluetooth, usb-c and 3.5 cable. They are detected with all 3 and the PC/ipad thinks everything works and plays, but no sound.

Inside the headphones there are 3 PCBs, 2 on one side with buttons, USB ports and BT chip. The other side has another PCB that I'm not sure what the function is. There's a chip on it that I can't look up.

My theory is that the amplifier part itself is either dead or not getting power. before I tinker too much, is there anyone who has tried something similar and might be able to give good advice, before I take them apart completely and start measuring the PCBs.

Best regards from Denmark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back