DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Nov 9, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #286 of 678
  First impression: Looks good TheoS53 :D
Only 'issue' is what I've always had against the new style firmware. The red(ish) text in the top bar and the scrolling bar at the bottom of the screen is difficult to read. Bold would be better, but that isn't a option if I understand it correctly from the X3 topic.

Back to listening, ehh ... testing  
etysmile.gif

Which scrolling text "at the bottom"? Did you install Beta 1.8? On 1.8 I've made the red brighter

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #287 of 678
Where the song info (artist - track) is, and yes I've got the 1.8 version

Nov 9, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #288 of 678
First of all I want to thank everyone that has done list based theme work for the x3. I have been using the x3 for almost 7 months now and these custom themes have improved usability, and I have not updated FW until One is available. I am currently using the one from MR trev, with the current beta FW. I like all of them above the default Fiio themes. Is there a chance we could get another merged FW with all the current custom themes ? Maybe this would be better done when we are out of beta. Again thanks all who have participated with these custom themes

Nov 9, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #289 of 678
  Thanks for the feedback. Yeah its really difficult to get the colours right when the the pc monitor isn't colour calibrated to be the same as the X3's screen.

Regarding the screw up in Categories, I've fixed that now. I put them in the same order as what they were listed in the config file, not what's actually on the screen, so that' what screwed it up.

Unfortunately I cant make the text bolder, as there is no bold version, but I can increase the font size, which might help

My problem with the font is just that the stroke is too fine, plus the x3 has no aa so it's kinda jaggy too. I remembered afterwards that we can change the size, but not the font style. I like the fonts on your menu screens (launcher, etc). If you could get the lists too look like that it would be great.
Anyways, off to try your new beta...
Cheers.

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #290 of 678
  My problem with the font is just that the stroke is too fine, plus the x3 has no aa so it's kinda jaggy too. I remembered afterwards that we can change the size, but not the font style. I like the fonts on your menu screens (launcher, etc). If you could get the lists too look like that it would be great.
Anyways, off to try your new beta...
Cheers.

The font in the launcher is exactly the same font, but I was able to make it bolder manually in photoshop...can't do that for the font file. I'll have a look around, perhaps I can get a similar but bolder font to use throughout the rest of the UI

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #292 of 678
I like this font much better, a lot easier to read. Actually could even stand to be made a little smaller now (my opinion of course). With the other font the playing times at the bottom of the screen were very difficult to read - no way to alter the size or colour of those either afaik.

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #293 of 678
  I like this font much better, a lot easier to read. Actually could even stand to be made a little smaller now (my opinion of course). With the other font the playing times at the bottom of the screen were very difficult to read - no way to alter the size or colour of those either afaik.

That was the bold version of another font I found that's fairly similar to the original font. When you say the Font could be smaller, do you mean condensed, or a smaller size?

I think it may be possible to change the size and colour of that info

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #294 of 678
I agree with Mr Trev. Thanks TheoS53 
biggrin.gif

Now the font is easy to read. I like it a lot! 

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #295 of 678
  That was the bold version of another font I found that's fairly similar to the original font. When you say the Font could be smaller, do you mean condensed, or a smaller size?

I think it may be possible to change the size and colour of that info

I was tweaking your firmware myself, and I found 16 pt. worked out pretty well - think that's the size font I use in my themes. The colour looks fine to me, I wouldn't change that.

Nov 10, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #297 of 678
Nov 11, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #298 of 678

Users who are viewing this thread

Back