Double Tap Audio
Apr 11, 2017 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

BloodyPenguin

Headphoneus Supremus
I got in contact with Double Tap Audio and they were nice enough to let me check out some of their products.

https://doubletapaudio.com/

Very interesting company, as they use REAL bullet casings for their merchandise. 

The cables are one of the toughest I have seen (and come in MANY different color options).  Though as you can guess, they do produce a decent amount of microphonics with the R1 earphone, yet no issues with the Aux Cable.  Double Tap say they are working on reducing the cable noise in future models. 

The sound on the R1 is quite impressive.  There is a deep bass response, smooth mids and decent detail in the highs. Soundstage is on the larger side for an IEM, though a touch of reverb can be heard.  Overall sound is full and fun.

Below you will find photo shoots I did of their; R1 Earphone and Auxiliary Cable:

**R1**

**Auxiliary Cable**  (Hindsight, while the [COLOR=696969]Gunmetal[/COLOR] is a cool color, something like their [COLOR=DDA0DD]Pink Camo[/COLOR], or solid [COLOR=FF0000]Red[/COLOR] might have stood out more in these photos).

I am curious to see future products Double Tap Audio will release and I have seen hints of what is to come.

**You can find more of my photography at:**

www.facebook.com/JustinMinerPhotography

www.instagram.com/justinminerphotography

--

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 12
Update:

Spent a couple hours with the R1 today and am pretty happy with the sound. Nice texture and clarity top to bottom with solid extension. Mid-range sits back a touch, but is quite natural sounding and doesn't seem to be affected by any mid-bass bleed. Very easygoing, non-fatiguing sound with just the right amount of energy in the top end.

Also want to note that comfort and ergonomics are really good. I was expecting the beefy cable and heavy housings to cause some problems, but nope. Once in they're really comfortable. Cable down wear does lead to some microphonics as @BloodyPenguin noted, but I find it less intrusive than the cable on 1More and Xiaomi products. Plus they work fine over ear which negates a lot of the noise.

Isolation is also impressive, even more so with foamies installed. Tossed on some 400 series isolation Comply's and damn. You want to drown out your surroundings, these'll do it. Sony's Isolation Hybrids have nearly the same effect. Easily one of the best isolating earphones I've used. 

Jun 10, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #8 of 12
The Chief found the R1! Can finally record videos again so a video review of the R1 is incoming :D If you've read the written version you won't be missing out on anything but my "beautiful" voice.

DSC01326.JPGDSC01329.JPG

Sep 25, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #10 of 12
Double Tap Audio has expanded on their R1 Earphone with the new R1M, with "M" standing for Microphone.

Build quality and toughness is right along with their R1, but with the added benefit of Android in-line controls and the for mentioned microphone.

I was provided an example of the new R1M for testing and photography purposes.

Sound signature is equal and the same as the R1, with the microphone pass-through not disturbing the original tone.

The addition of the in-line controls are great, as it gives more management in music playback.

Overall a great addition to Double Tap Audio's growing line-up of resilient products.

Below are a few shots that highlight the added microphone/playback module, along with yet another one of their unique cable color options:

P1090667.jpg

P1090670.jpg

P1090671.jpg

P1090675.jpg

P1090669.jpg

P1090672.jpg

P1090678.jpg

--

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #11 of 12
Double Tap Audio has expanded on their R1 Earphone with the new R1M, with "M" standing for Microphone.

Build quality and toughness is right along with their R1, but with the added benefit of Android in-line controls and the for mentioned microphone.

I was provided an example of the new R1M for testing and photography purposes.

Sound signature is equal and the same as the R1, with the microphone pass-through not disturbing the original tone.

The addition of the in-line controls are great, as it gives more management in music playback.

Overall a great addition to Double Tap Audio's growing line-up of resilient products.

Below are a few shots that highlight the added microphone/playback module, along with yet another one of their unique cable color options:

P1090667.jpg

P1090670.jpg

P1090671.jpg

P1090675.jpg

P1090669.jpg

P1090672.jpg

P1090678.jpg

--
Excellent pics ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back