Dunu-Topsound Studio?
Dec 17, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #661 of 664
Has anybody had any issue using the 4.4mm connector on the stock cable?
I just got a hipdac and if I use the balanced out, I need to pull the cable plug out the tinest bit otherwise I just get sound from the right side. I don't have any other balanced cables atm to compare with

Dec 17, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #662 of 664
I just got a hipdac and if I use the balanced out, I need to pull the cable plug out the tinest bit otherwise I just get sound from the right side. I don't have any other balanced cables atm to compare with
I haven't had this issue. But I will note that the hip DAC has a channel imbalance problem generally. It goes away around 10 or 11 o clock.

I usually lower the volume on my source to make sure that placement isn't too loud.

Dec 29, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #663 of 664

You might have a cable with a slightly bigger or smaller termination. I don't know if ALO uses official Pentaconn termination for their cables.

It is a known issue that if a termination plug is even half a millimeter off, it will only work properly in location. A nudge may dislodge it.

Unfortunately, our stuff is built to the official Pentagon plug, and there's not much we can do other than do that recommend folks get a cable with an official Pentaconn plug.

I haven't had this issue. But I will note that the hip DAC has a channel imbalance problem generally. It goes away around 10 or 11 o clock.

I usually lower the volume on my source to make sure that placement isn't too loud.

Yes, channel imbalance is something separate to what OP was talking about :)

Dec 29, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #664 of 664
You might have a cable with a slightly bigger or smaller termination. I don't know if ALO uses official Pentaconn termination for their cables.

It is a known issue that if a termination plug is even half a millimeter off, it will only work properly in location. A nudge may dislodge it.

Unfortunately, our stuff is built to the official Pentagon plug, and there's not much we can do other than do that recommend folks get a cable with an official Pentaconn plug.
I was referring to the cable that came with the sa6. I did make a shim/spacer out of a thin piece of plastic that does keep the connector from fully inserting. Seems to work so far…
I dunno maybe the 4.4mm connector that I got is defective/out of spec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back