Dunu Tridents
Jul 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 9
The Tridents have more of a V-shaped signature focusing more on the bass. 

The bass is goes pretty deep, but has a warm sound to them.  There is plenty of impact in the bass, but not even close to enough to be considered thumpy. 

The mids are warmer like the bass.  They details aren't as abundant, but sufficient.  The clarity is there though.  As with many V-Shaped signatures, the mids can seem lost sometimes.

The highs are crispy and decay a little quickly for my tastes (I like my treble to not decay though; so it's actually pretty good in this nature). 

They are definitely well worth the fifty bucks.  If you need the details (with similar signature), get the Hephaes (but they are a little more expensive).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
The Tridents have more of a V-shaped signature focusing more on the bass. 

The bass is goes pretty deep, but has a warm sound to them.  There is plenty of impact in the bass, but not even close to enough to be considered thumpy. 

The mids are warmer like the bass.  They details aren't as abundant, but sufficient.  The clarity is there though.  As with many V-Shaped signatures, the mids can seem lost sometimes.

The highs are crispy and decay a little quickly for my tastes (I like my treble to not decay though; so it's actually pretty good in this nature). 

They are definitely well worth the fifty bucks.  If you need the details (with similar signature), get the Hephaes (but they are a little more expensive).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Sounds good, thanks. Do you think it'll be good for indie music?

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
It should, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't...

Indie music usually really shines on mids and you said they seem lost at times. Also you said the headphones are bass driven, indie music usually doesn't have much bass. I think I'm going for the realvoices, they seem to fit the sound I'm looking for. Thanks again.

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Indie music usually really shines on mids and you said they seem lost at times. Also you said the headphones are bass driven, indie music usually doesn't have much bass. I think I'm going for the realvoices, they seem to fit the sound I'm looking for. Thanks again.

OK, I do use V-shaped for alternative, rock, and indie music.  You do lose out on the mids a little though, you're right about that.  Good luck with the Realvoices. :)

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #7 of 9
I am using the TRIDENTS from 1 week now : Thank you, thank you, thank you Dunu !

The sound is vivid, precise to me, enjoying, beautiful, surprising, alive ! My ONES . . . .:rolleyes:

I Kiss them every morning before going to work ! :cool: great work Dunu.

True that this is not made for the voices like forward Mids, But to me, the sound is very clear, at the sound quality level of the Turbines Minimum, for sure 3 to 4 x price less.

As i said before about this pair, i used a lot Of earphones, and never found the ONES ...

I was searching for the nice sound i have had when i boughht my first PSP and a pair of these logitech cheap-o neodynium sold at the price of 20€ before they acquired Ultimate ears... How sweet was the soind with this combinaison....

Meanwhile, i owned : the basic earphones **** like the Archos, creative basic, mp3 accessories... And EP630 Creative, Aurvana, Apple in Ear 2(horrible no bass!), Shure E1c i think, Sennheiser Cx300, PX200, audio Technica in ear something, really dark thing i disliked, sennheiser HD2xx headphones nice to ear really, Sony MDR300, Ex300(pricy for the sound!), Soundmagic PL30 which i almost used for the last 2 years, before they died of use.

But i really enjoyed the Logitech earphones sold in Video Games shops here, in 2005, low cost, great, great, great, great !

This Trident is a great model, to me, the quality of the sound is 3x the price of a regular model in e same price level , branded international !

I simply love it when listenning to : Deadmau5, Jaytech, Air, Underworld and Freshfm.nl on my Palm Pixi.

I am hurry to Fly across the planet with this pair of Trident, can't wait...

Again, thank you Dunu to propose this model to people like me who cannot buy pricier models like the Sennheiser IE or the Shure E5xx, Ethymotics, Westone etc...
Thank you !

Gregory, France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back